1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Or maybe there was some sort of spore that infected them all. That just gave me a really great idea for a dungeon: Agaran-infested outpost. It would be like an outpost, only covered with plants and filled with Agarans.

Zebe likes this.
  2. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

Right:We already know that agarans(Or,at least,agaran forniture like the bed,the chest and the light)emit parasitic spores-Well,at least,that what my glitch says.So,maybe the agarans transformed the guy that builded that mini-outpost into a the big mushroom i found.Also,does anyone know where agarans prefer to live?I'd want to research them a bit,using a big sword.

3. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

This is why I play nightly; I keep a copy of all the unpacked asset files from each build within a few days time. I don't like the new Agaran hats at all. Stinkhorn was my favorite.

The Squid likes this.
  4. GamecubeKing

GamecubeKing Void-Bound Voyager

Honestly, all the Agaran i've met seem to be perfectly friendly. Yeah, they sell guns, but every other race can make guns so it's not really a problem. I wish them the best of luck in making their way to the stars.

The Squid likes this.
  5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

The question is... How do they make their way to the stars?

6. GamecubeKing

Help from other races, maybe. I could see the Florans getting along with them, for obvious reasons.
    Or, they stop developing guns for a second and work on space ship.

7. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

...Agarans take floran prisoners and do horrible things to them.Our race won't help these beasts.

8. GamecubeKing

They do? I can't read ALL one hundred and thirty eight pages of this topic, so sorry, but um... source?

The Squid likes this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

All of the structures involving florans are gone. poof, all gone, not a thing anymore

Even before that, there wasn't certainty were they actually prisoners or did they torture them. Agarans do call florans "kissfaces", so I would suppose they would do harm to them. Or would they? *dramatic music*

He is referring to certain Agaran structures (which aren't in the game anymore). Images of said structures you can find here:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-agaran-menace.68061/page-117#post-2066635
    If it ain't there, it ain't canon. And if it is actually canon and isn't there, it will be.

10. GamecubeKing

Well, honestly, the whole "kissyface" thing seems like a way to lure them in. But with all evidence gone in the game now, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Are the torture devices still in the game, or were they deleted too?

12. RenaldiForumStar

RenaldiForumStar Big Damn Hero

Welp, looks like all our detective-ing and discoveries went up in smoke thanks to nightlies. So, it looks like this thread is on hiatus until the Agarans show up again?

13. skyace65

skyace65 Aquatic Astronaut

have to give the devs credit. They've made a lot of mysteries and factions that I can't wait to find out more about once the game is finished.
    -the argrarans
    -Kluex
    -the tentacle beings
    -Apex government
    -USCM
    -whoever built the outpost gates

Casmyr likes this.
  14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Also the last race on the outpost gates. As for the Apex government and the USCM, there really is no mystery other than the controversy over Big Ape's existence and who the Human leader is.

15. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Human leader is Cassidy Kale.

Zebe likes this.
  16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Oh yeah. I forgot about her.

17. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Pangalactic Porcupine

Found some Agaran today (Stable Upbeat Giraffe) and I shot them in all... Peacefully of course, as I am a Hylotl after all. :hylotl:

Zebe likes this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

All the objects still exist, only the actual dungeon structures are gone. You can get them only with /spawnitem as far as I know.

A codex says her name is "Kale", but Attack of the Deep Space Spores calls her "Cale". The heck? What's next, General Cassidy Gale?

Uh... There is still stuff in the game. We can still theorize why some of the structures are gone while some remain. And the new hats.

Or alternatively, does anyone still have some fresh puns?

The Squid likes this.
  19. skyace65

skyace65 Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah but I'd still like to learn more about them. Like what the USCM is doing since earth's destruction. is it good, bad, or inbetween? And I'd also like to know what happened with the war over mars.

The Squid likes this.
  20. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Torture devices were never agaran-specific; you could always find them in floran dungeons as well.

The Squid, Cloudhopper and Zebe like this.