1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria Vs. StarBound (Poll/Argument)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Slice Of Cake, Dec 7, 2013.

?

TERRARIA VS. STARBOUND!

1. Terraria

29.2%
  2. Starbound

83.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Modding
    /thread

No but seriously, how has Starbound's massive and easy modability not been brought up more?

Aeon, Pingeh and Zuvaii like this.
  2. Daimoth

Daimoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And terraria starts off slooooow. Soo much mining. But at least it doesn't take a week to cut down a tree at first. :speechless:

BlastRed likes this.
  3. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

Acid doesn't kill you, its 3 damage every few seconds. If you are on the surface in acid rain, if it has a clear shot at you then you most likely have a clear shot of your ship.

As for magma there are indications you are near some by the change in rock type, magma biomes aren't a pressure plate well blended with the rest of the area. And unlike minecraft or terraria, you don't have a good reason to be searching near the core.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  4. Exar Kun

Exar Kun Void-Bound Voyager

I like both equally. Sometimes i caught myself doing more terraria but thats only because game is out for long time and has lot more to offer as it is. When starbound is out and finished 100% i will be playing it a lot more then terraria.

5. ThePwn

ThePwn Astral Cartographer

These results will accomplish what exactly? The only thing that this poll shows is an Official forum likes the game for said forum better than a game that is similar. It does notin anyway tell you which is better. It does not help make a decision as to which one you should buy (if you are choosing) IMO this is just a troll thread worded ad handled in a polite manner in hopes of never getting locked.

We need a poll on how many more of these threads do we think we will see in the next year...

6. Pentarctagon

I vote 42.

7. Link100200

Link100200 Space Spelunker

I play terraria most, but that's because I have terraria on PS3 and my usual computer is annoyingly slow, so I have to use my mom's laptop to play Starbound and she's always on it. IF I had a windows computer that was my own... Terraria because my freinds play it. But I like both a lot!

8. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not being a minecraft player and being a WoWplayer, modding somewhat repels me =P

It's already a pain to keep mods up-to-date in WoW ... and plus I don't know.. I like the idea of playing an original game.

Just don't feel confortable playing modded stuff.

But yeah must be a big plus for regular people :)

9. Pentarctagon

World of Warcraft has mods?

10. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

dude. of course the poll was completely biased

11. Ordyn

Ordyn Orbital Explorer

Yeah, there are a lot of UI mods out there for WoW.

12. Slice Of Cake

Slice Of Cake Phantasmal Quasar

What does this have to do with world of warcraft?

Larkwing likes this.
  13. Zekk

Zekk Void-Bound Voyager

Mods, in my opinion can only help make a good game better. If the core gameplay isn't "up to par", no amount of mods will really help it.

I'm no longer playing SB, as I've mostly given up on it becoming better (from my point of view that is), but will probably test it again once it's been "completed", just to see what they've managed to do.

14. shinobi1027

shinobi1027 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok tell you what see the picture I pick that :p

15. yespls

yespls Space Hobo

Terraria's significantly more user friendly, but Starbound isn't run by greedy, selfish people, so it's a tough decision.

16. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

What do you mean by that second part?

17. josh jones

josh jones Subatomic Cosmonaut

People who make these threads are so stupid. All you people say this or that but what you don't think about is that the basic this or that argument is for the most part when being decisive about weather to choose something over another EX ( AMD or nvidia) and even then you can have two separate computers with an AMD or nvidia card in it. Most people in this thread and in the gaming population in general own both terraria and starbound . though it is true a good hand of people don't. But they should. Terraria and starbound have their own thing going on and are both good games to play. Unless you are simply too poor to own a couple of dollars in games then this argument is useless in itself. And simply putting If you are too poor for games then I'd suggest you not pay ISP for internet and put food on the table for your family instead. That statement is only to rule out " hurr durr in DA poorest" arguments. Since I'm sure you will all battle my statement go for it but the truth is that you know I'm right.

shinobi1027 likes this.
  18. Itami

Itami Star Wrangler

i never played terraria and surely never will, also only tried out starbound because a friend made me do it.
    i read some stuff about terraria and also learned that some people that used to play it completely switched over to starbound later because they ended up liking it more.
    and from what i saw i guess i'd vote for starbound anyway, despite that i didn't experience terraria first hand.

19. shinobi1027

shinobi1027 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree to this I like both there no need to pick.. They are games we play what we enjoy . I plan to buy Terraria but later right now I have a lot of steam games on my wish list I want :)... I don't like picking between games I like I like both of em and if I had the two games I play them little at a time and enjoy both.. I also like the game style it reminds me of how I used to like Metroid back in my days bring back a lot of memories

20. Mamaluigi71

Mamaluigi71 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like both games, I have 1149 hours in Terraria since October 2011 and 17 hours in Starbound since 25 February 2014. Although, so far, Starbound wins out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.