1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria Vs. StarBound (Poll/Argument)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Slice Of Cake, Dec 7, 2013.

?

TERRARIA VS. STARBOUND!

1. Terraria

29.2%
  2. Starbound

83.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slice Of Cake

Slice Of Cake Phantasmal Quasar

What Game do you like better!
    Starbound
    OR
    Terraria!!!!

2. gabbo13

gabbo13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is going to Flame something wicked.

3. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Tewawiah iz boelshiit stawrbownd iz gud

4. Emenii

Emenii Space Spelunker

I agree. Let the war begin.

Personally I can't compare the two because they are two both great games.
    If I had to choose one though I would go with Starbound because of its replay-ability and my lack of experience with the game.

Exxil3d, Insane, Terwin94 and 5 others like this.
  5. Slice Of Cake

Slice Of Cake Phantasmal Quasar

lol

6. FilipinoBoiii

FilipinoBoiii Orbital Explorer

Starbound basically killed Terraria. I have no reason at all to go back and play when Starbound offers everything that Terraria has, plus more.

Nymall, Khromm, dcsk8erboy and 8 others like this.
  7. gabbo13

gabbo13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

im apprehensive to make a new character because of the incoming update >_<

8. SloppyMayor

SloppyMayor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Terraria.

Starbound isn't as good, Because it's in beta and most of the stuff isn't even in.

At full release, Starbound.

9. mo'guts

mo'guts Big Damn Hero

I'll play terraria again sometime, it's a good game with it's own unique feel. But, probably not for a long while though.

roadrashh likes this.
  10. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

Terraria is a great game, but it would be compared Doom to Red Faction. Starbound is the next generation in the genre, and a huge step at that.

I can't figure out how the next generation would play out. The only features I can think of would be mass player support like Path of Exile where everyone is playing in the same universe and have larger planets (width, the depth is fine above ground, maybe a bit larger below ground to match the difference in width). Since it would be more like an MMO, modding will take a backseat so the art style could change to having 3d models, ala Torchlight style. Maybe something like taking Second Life features with an in game editor to share with everyone. That would be the most fun and difficult. I can think of many other features which I will leave off in case I feel like I want to mod this game to include them, as they could very well be possible with the current system.

11. FDru

FDru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Currently Terraria has a lot more features, and a lot more polish. That's to be expected, but in a lot of ways it makes Terraria the better game.

Once Starbound is complete I have no doubt that it'll completely outclass Terraria.

neil_v, Thenidur, WoxandWarf and 4 others like this.
  12. c2h5oc2h5

c2h5oc2h5 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I see Starbound as evolution of idea that stands beyond Terraria. SB has more everything, and adds some cool unique features. Not to mention characters are 4 blocks high, which makes them look much better :p. I've played Terraria alot long time ago, and it was very enjoyable. But when I explored everything there and realized there is not much to see I lost motivation to play. And now... it is Starbound time :p.

13. Dsurion

Dsurion Big Damn Hero

Starbound is still in Beta
    When starbound is finished and it has a better progression and more features, then you can compare.
    For example, i would like to have a better incentive to build a house in starbound, but that may be fixed if they make space stations or customizable spaceships (or something so you want to stay on a planet for more time).

xJoltz likes this.
  14. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

The space station idea was sidelined by the decision to be able to claim planets. There is still interest in it, but it may never show up. They have played around with ways of upgrading ships physically, but I don't know of any definite decisions on what they will do if anything. Would I like more space on my ship? Yes, but I don't want more cargo containers attached to it, like some early mock-ups showed. Perhaps a ship market so that if I felt like it, I could buy another race's ship or the old Floran ship (preferred).

15. tiitha

tiitha Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starbound is pretty fun but it's not finished enough for me to make a comparison. I still love Terraria and I'm eagerly awaiting the Lunar update.

doubtheart likes this.
  16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Pro tip: Never put the word "argument" in a thread title. If this gets out of hand, it will be locked.

WoxandWarf, ogboot, Serenity and 3 others like this.
  17. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

This is in the Starbound forum.

That's like going to Yankee Stadium and asking which team is better.

18. Linciuga

Linciuga Tentacle Wrangler

One thing what can i say about terraria vs starbound universe.

19. Psychotika

Psychotika Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound for me. I never played terraria for the amount of marathon hours I've been playing on Starbound.

Sporkell likes this.
  20. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Quite. Put the same poll in any Terraria forum and, guess what - yes, the majority will vote for Terraria! :)

FWIW, I vote Terraria ..... Starbound might well catch up once it's eventually finished, but right now Terraria is far better.

Heartstrings and doubtheart like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.