1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i made my own godmode gun for the nightlys
    [​IMG]
    its like im a touhou boss =D

OmegaMinion, Zebe, Uzkniso and 2 others like this.
  2. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

"Mitchness"?

3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i always make a random person and aperitly that was the 1st one generated lol

4. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

HOLY DANMAKUS AND INSTA-KILLING LUNATIC MODES OF PHANTASMA!!

This sorta gets me thinking..... Maybe someone can pull out some sort of ''Touhoubound'' mod in the future. Because now that I've seen that, I can easily see it happening.....

5. FrostyAvo

FrostyAvo Void-Bound Voyager

How did you make that? I'd love to mess around with gun settings.

6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i combined the "overgrown dagger" (whatever its name is called) witch the orb launchers

7. Qwerr

Qwerr Void-Bound Voyager

How did you combine them ? Ingame ? (I'm missing out quite a lot, because I didn't play for a while)

I thought you can't die while on you ship. But now it's possible. Did they remove it or is it just me ?
    Also it seems like you guys played quite a while lately. Did they fix the non-craftable robotic-crafting-table ?

8. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Look at @spiritofcat's processor (progression) mod or just spawn the processor in.

No clue on the ship, stuff gets turned off while the poke around from time to time. I would not imagine it is supposed to be like that from now on.

Also I would suspect it is a gun RD modded by hand... err, hooves.

9. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

I haven't played the nightly builds for the last few days, but that update to the mod patching method the other day will probably mean I'll have to re-write my mods for them to work in current builds.

10. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

So I was poking around the lunar base and I noticed this structure which I hadn't seen before. A large chasm with a set of platforms that ends in a big open chamber. They clearly haven't finished decorating this area yet, but it looks large enough for a boss battle perhaps?
    Also, I encountered some new creatures inside.
    EDIT: Since it doesn't look like anyone has mentioned it yet, the novakid armor sets are also spawnable now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Uzkniso likes this.
  11. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

yah its modded byhand

also i forgot to talk about the Moontants (its what they are called) so insted i will talk about the 2 new psi staffs i was too lazy to talk about

Humanplasmastaff1
    [​IMG]
    Hylotlaquastaff1
    [​IMG]

Pyre and Uzkniso like this.
  12. Tweakz

Tweakz Void-Bound Voyager

how does multiplayer in nightly looks atm? able to play?

13. AdelaisAer

AdelaisAer Industrial Terraformer

So every race will have its own magical staff, I guess, huh. I HAVE TO SPAWN THEM ALL. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

FrostyAvo and MysticMalevolence like this.
  14. WhiplashIvy

WhiplashIvy Void-Bound Voyager

So all the armours got a colour change and were reassigned to a new material. I'll throw together a compilation pic of all of them once I have more consistent access to my main computer, but looks pretty good so far. The armour sets match the aesthetics of each "class" now.

15. jBosh0404

jBosh0404 Space Hobo

Has anyone managed to find an outpost in their starting solar system? I've checked out every planet system in mine, but I can't find one. I'm assuming that is just due to the buggy/broken nature of the nightly builds. I've also not been able to advance out of my starting solar system, as I'm unable to repair my ship, even by spawning the repair items. I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way past this roadblock or if I should just hang tight until they've pushed out a few more updates.

16. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

I've been finding plenty of outposts. They have a unique icon on the navigation interface, so they're difficult to miss.
    You can enable your ship to reach other star systems by using the admin command /spawnitem shipT3, so try checking other systems. You may have just had bad luck.
    If you still don't see any outposts, you could try wiping your universe files.

17. FrostyAvo

FrostyAvo Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, lots of them, but that was when they were still magma deathtraps.

18. jBosh0404

jBosh0404 Space Hobo

Thanks! Using the shipT3 upgrade worked and I was able to find an outpost. I'm guessing that when the game is pushed to production they will have an outpost in the local solar system, since the AI indicates that you should do that before attempting to repair the FTL drive.

19. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Judging by the way they are sorted they might have multiple. Keyword Might.

I belive MP works fine, I have not test it myself but I would imagine the server still works... though you would have to find a server owner who can update everyday and resart the server to play MP on nightlies. XP

20. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been under the impression that eventually there will only be one outpost, as a static location, with unique npcs and such. I think that the starting planet or even the whole system was to be static to access the moon base, gate, and that tutorial dungeon they had while back. I could just be a complete moron, though, so please let me know.