1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure whether they plan to make the dungeon or moonbase unique, but I'm fairly certain that their intention is for every gate to take you to the same outpost. Currently, each gate seems to lead to a different, albeit identical looking one.

2. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Was the medievil dungeon ever started to be a tut, I just took it as looking into a fully static dungeon type (previously they were procedual modular in that the structure was set up but rooms were loaded in at random).

3. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

It looks like the text is back to being correctly aligned in the codex books now.
    That's one mod I won't have to worry about re-writing for the new patching system.

4. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

it seems all the pickaxes/MM mine blocks faster now

also the MM cuts trees faster too

or the blocks have less "health"

its faster anyways

this is how my nightly char has been doing =p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Casmyr, Lintton, FrostyAvo and 3 others like this.
  5. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

That's awesome news, now the initial start of the game won't be so...slow.

6. FrostyAvo

FrostyAvo Void-Bound Voyager

Building on planets is a little too non-rewarding in my opinion, especially now that they added expandable ships. I LOVE building stuff, but buildings don't really have any use anywhere except my home planet since I mostly just go to a planet, search all the buildings for loot, leave and move on to the next one.

Maybe they could add some kind of a coordinate book where you can save coordinates? This way players could easily find that one planet where that one merchant/quest giver/building was and also build a little house/camp/whatever there. Didn't they talk about adding an environment scanner thing to NPCs so they can recognize buildings you've made? Maybe by building things near a village, you could also expand it in the process and receive rewards and gifts!

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I'm gonna have to a gander at this when I put down my Vita and get home :). The obsidian must be tested!!

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i found the new undergorund biome
    zen
    [​IMG]

Beatrice, Tamorr, Casmyr and 2 others like this.
  9. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

And calmness makes an appearance in General Discussion! Oooooohhhhh

10. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Me: Hey underground tree, photosynthesis?
    Tree: Dark energy dood, deal with it.
    Me: Oh ok.

Lintton and KyPTeD like this.
  11. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can never find a zen biome with a cave big enough for trees. I can find all the little objects to my heart's content, but never trees.

Do you happen to remember the co-ords/approximate position of the biome?

Blake81 likes this.
  12. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

OMG! A Zen Biome with the Sakura-like trees! Just the sole ingredient I've been looking to finally start building a new base!

Please, tell me U have coords for it....

13. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

I was checking out the chamber at the bottom of the lunar base again and I found something new.
    [​IMG]
    Not quite sure what to make of this... They're probably placeholders, but for what?

14. ValentineVxx

ValentineVxx Orbital Explorer

[​IMG]

Those Little Houses are in Stable Branch iirc, it's a shame they break into pixels instead of its actual item, i wanted to play to be Godzilla with them a bit more dood...:(

15. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, but you can still be Godzilla , providing you're willing to use admin codes.
    [​IMG]

These items aren't new, but the placement of them inside the lunar base is.
    I was looking around down here last week and the area was bare. It still is, for the most part, with the exception of these things.
    Armagon probably stuck it in there in place of an object or feature that isn't finished yet.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    ValentineVxx likes this.
  16. ansehelm

ansehelm Subatomic Cosmonaut

Must... Chop... all... cherry blossoms!! And of course replant them around my home :viking:

Tamorr likes this.
  17. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i think metadept is gonna wipe the univerce once he fixed that biome thing
    he propley already did for tonight =/
    sorrys

18. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

True, but I've noticed that, even after wipes, certain things such as trees remain constant. So, even if the universe is wiped, that planet will still have a Zen Biome with sakuras underground. That's why the coords are still useful, even post-wipe.

19. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i found a new biome named garden
    [​IMG]

they all look like this
    [​IMG]
    pritty =D

FrostyAvo and ansehelm like this.
  20. ansehelm

ansehelm Subatomic Cosmonaut

Holy mother of mercy AT LAST! An earth-like planet!

[​IMG]

Serenity, Pencil Shavings and KyPTeD like this.