1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atbmatus

atbmatus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Another background bug.
    This time consist in horizontal stripes:
    asdad.png

2. Deoq

Deoq Master Chief

I've been having a weird bug recently... I've been having trouble left clicking. Right clicking is fine, but if I want to left click in game I usually have to do so four or five times for it to register. If I try to left-click in midair it doesn't work at all, though again, right clicking works fine. It's not simply a mouse issue; the mouse works fine otherwise, and even the in game options menus, inventory etc are working fine. It's just as far as using items and attacking goes.

3. Viktor_Raion

Viktor_Raion Star Wrangler

Yeah...uhm... you still can do such thing...because you can craft an infinite amount of guard spawners if you have enough steel bars (=_=) i guess it's my mistake because i actually couldn't help but expect these ones spawners to be like the ones in Terraria... but that was only an ingenuous assumption :p because we're talking different games... anyway, spawner thing is not much of a problem, i just happened to think of it as a bug at first...but if it's not, i also dont think it should be changed or anything at all :p lol i'll stop typing now :rofl:

4. Viktor_Raion

I have to say, i'm playing Starbound in a pitiful AMD notebook currently, and although FPS is far from optimal and 100% CPU usage peaks have become an average (1.6Ghz dual core) i have managed to play somewhat smoothly so far. I mentioned hardware as a possibility because i have also noticed some difficulties like the ones you point out above, but i thought it was caused by my low specs. Also, i still don't know if it's only caused by processors' slow work speed or it if has anything to do with, for example, being in a very saturated scene in-game (like inside of an Apex dungeon with other NPCs and monsters and various graphic resources being rendered at once) so it could be game lag instead of PC lag. Maybe you could try to minimize resource consumption (e.g. trying OpenGL or something) and see if you notice any changes? If you're running on a good PC then i guess i'll have to check it out on somebody else's PC- a fast one, just so i can provide confirmation on this :)

5. Deoq

Deoq Master Chief

Funnily enough I've only had these issues on my new laptop running a 2.4 GHZ 8 core processor. However, I have figured out the problem. Turns out it's a hardware issue with the sensitivity on my new laptop's touch pad. :$ Rather embarrassing really. The problem lies squarely between screen and chair. It was just the fact that I was leaving my finger to rest on the touch pad, which it picked up as me constantly left-clicking (or something), hence the problems. When I've run the game with a separate mouse I've had absolutely no problem.

Sorry to clutter up the thread with my lazy bug reporting! :$

Viktor_Raion likes this.
  6. Techgeniu

Techgeniu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think I've discovered an error with mobs, rarely when I kill a monster, the game freezes entirely and the monster is kept stuck without dying and the whole game world freeze, getting back to the ship, seems to work, it resumes, but if you warp back to the planet, "sometimes", window turns black, and only exiting, seems to work to solve it.

Can I do something about it? is there a fix?

7. Gila

Gila Big Damn Hero

Turrets will kill non-hostile NPCs

8. Viktor_Raion

LOOOOOOOOOOL it's good you got a solution anyways :) i'ma steal a new pc for myself :rofl:

9. eliure

eliure Void-Bound Voyager

i just got the strangest bug
    i tried to open starbound and it said it couldn't do it because there was 'no disc in the drive'.

update
    when i put a movie dvd into the disc drive and clicked retry in ran!

question
    does this mean i will have to always have a disc in my drive to run the game?

Alucard I likes this.
  10. Stephanie Winther

Stephanie Winther Void-Bound Voyager

Category: Server-side bugs

Note: This is similar to the resetting starmap-bug.
    All Codex entries learned on a server are only available on this specific server and won't be readable while being on an other server or in singleplayer. Similar to this, any Codex entries from singleplayer won't be available in multiplayer. This seems to sometimes include the tutorial entries that your character starts with, making it impossible to gain those in other universes except for the very first your character was created in.

However, it is of course possible to find a codex book in one universe and using it in another one, bypassing the nonconformance.

I hope I made it right?

Alucard I likes this.
  11. Mazeman911

Mazeman911 2.7182818284590...

Under creatures and how they fight: upon attacking a creature, it will start moving in really slow motion. it's jumps are like you're viewing them through slow-mo and 10 fps at the same time. however, i can still move my character at normal speed and optimal fps, but only the monsters move really slowly with bad fps.

12. MaxHeadroom

MaxHeadroom Void-Bound Voyager

13. electroninja

electroninja Space Hobo

I would like to report a single player bug, In the gamma sector I died at the top of the map and my whole inventory fell to 4 blocks from the bottom of the map, and everything was duplicated by a factor of 4.(completely vanilla)

14. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Haven't seen any references to this typo yet, so...

Rusty Chests have been renamed to Ice Chests. I encountered three of them yesterday in a rust biome. Didn't notice until I got home and went to stick them in my chest chest. ;)

[​IMG]
    IIRC, this is intentional. It's designed to keep the "jump puzzles" within the dungeons at a consistent level of difficulty.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  15. carnivorousfawn

carnivorousfawn Space Hobo

Has anyone else had trouble running a Skype call while playing Starbound? Every time I'm in a voice call and launch Starbound, the voice call gets extremely distorted.

16. HexZyle

HexZyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Version 642

BLOCKS AND ORES:

[​IMG]
    This tree type never drops saplings. It's a pity because I collect trees, and I'm unable to get this one.

Tier ore, their bars, and the coal + bar equivalants (Rubium, Aegisalt, Titanium, etc, with the exception of iron) cannot be refined in the refinery

DUPES:

Fine Sand (and presumably gravel) also dupe like a throwing block, landing in a location without a background block will cause the block to appear in the foreground AND background

ITEMS:

Ship Teleporter cannot be interacted with when holding the Wiring Tool

USCM Penal Colony Panel is listed in the Wire category yet it has no wiring capabilities

SERVER-SIDE: (also occurs in single-player because it uses a local server)

Planet Time is not saved when a planet's resources are freed up, resulting in a planet reverting instantly to dawn once everyone has left it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  17. HexZyle

HexZyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

CLIENT-SIDE:

Fixed, the window now reverts to a 600x800 window when started with a resolution too large for the moniter. (Not confirmed for multi-moniter setups however)

This bug is listed twice.

Clarification: Scroll bars reflect the list location correctly, but cannot be clicked or dragged.

There are clouds over Asteroid FIelds and Moons. (These two celestial objects are categorized by a lack of atmosphere, and thus, no liquids since it all would have evaporated if it weren't already frozen)

Extreme Framerate drops in locations with many animated/light objects. Example: the mass lightning traps from the Apex Parkour Course, or having a multi-levelled farm (plants on floors upon floors)

ITEMS:

This has been fixed (The crashing effect was most likely caused by the shock damage the player takes upon eating the Pie)

Falling trees trigger a similar bug, ignoring their current layer and falling infront of nearby trees.

This bug is listed twice

Fish in a Bone recipe has the wrong item ID for the raw fish, it shows a requirement for a PERFECTLY GENERIC ITEM instead

This is fixed, but now the post tech 5 items aren't consumed (Ferozium, Cerulium, Violium, and Rubium Tech Upgrades, and I presume Impervium too but I do not have a copy to confirm)

This is extremely likely an intended feature: many plants have different grow times, especially the slow-growing Carrots and Crystal Plants.

This bug is listed twice (item is not "Grappling Hook", but "Climbing Rope")

NPCs
    This is fixed

Clarification: Mechanical Spiders occaisionally move in a direction inconsistent to their sprite's rotation

WEAPONS AND ARMOR

Extremely Unlikely to be a bug: most helmets increase the maximum energy a player can hold

I can confirm that they are working. They are directional and increase defense dramatically from that direction rather than always blocking all damage.

Clarification: The majority of splash damage can cause damage to other players, even with PvP off. This also applies to certain Legendary Swords with area effect ability.

Clarification: Hunting Knife uses its description artwork rather than a world sprite, resulting in it appearing enormous when equipped. It still has the 1H requirement and has the same hitbox.

BLOCKS AND ORES:
    You've listed this bug twice

If this is intended, then there is a bug where a diamond ore returns 100 pixels in the refinery, while diamond only returns 200.

Tier ores (Iron, Titanium, Aegisalt, Cerulium, Rubium) cannot be used for repairs, despite their description. Diamond ore also suffers from this bug.

TECHNOLOGIES AND CRAFTING:

This is fixed. Packed Dirt now consumes 3 Dirt Block as expected.

DUPE:

I think this is fixed. Now the player is booted back to their own ship the instant the host player logs off.[/B][/B]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  18. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That stool need to be fixed (sit position is offset):

[​IMG]

19. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I have lotsa free time now, finally. I'll update the OP asap.

HexZyle likes this.
  20. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Huh? Pics please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.