1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

Water seems to get caught up on some of the non-collectible flora.
    2014-03-02_00001.jpg

2. enolarules

enolarules Void-Bound Voyager

real problem.JPG
    After the update today, this keeps popping up every time I try to launch Starbound and crashing. I don't know much about coding but if theres is any way for me to fix this please let me know.
    Also if this is not the appropriate place for this tell me where I can/should go to discuss this issue.
    any help is appreciated.

RottenFinger likes this.
  3. ChoMar

ChoMar Orbital Explorer

No, the vine at the Baseblock is undestructable...
    i can harvest the vine up to its attachment, but i cant mine the part where its attached or the block it is attached to. Diamon drill 2 mins on the block, around the block or anything else does NOTHING.
    btw. no mod and level 10 player here, so propably not PEBKAC

Edit:Updatechannel unstable

4. ShrapnelShark

ShrapnelShark Void-Bound Voyager

Unsure if this is a bug but i was on a planet that seemed to have higher gravity than normal,and if i didn't know any better caused the T1 Boss i spawned to press itself into the ground and just stay there till he teleported. Unsure if it was related to gravity or he had some kind of awkward pathing/clipping issue. Made him a real easy target though.

Also he dropped 5 Molten Cores instead of 1.

5. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

The second one was an intended change by developers. You know, no need to spam same bosses all the time anymore when playing in group.

6. ShrapnelShark

ShrapnelShark Void-Bound Voyager

Oh,Thank you for telling me. That makes sense.

7. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Despite the current update, the "connection lag-like" bug still seems to exist in the game. What the heck is the cause of this?

8. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

The bunnyaltar that is in the avian tomb is indestructible, was this intended? I believe it wasn't, as it is the only thing in the tomb that can not be picked up or destroyed. If there are reasons unknown for this then ok, but for now it is not acquirable due to this.

9. Lilrock

Lilrock Space Hobo

Hello,

I've been having troubles with Starbound. I can't remember the last time I played it, but I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

I currently have this error:

Code:
    Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Enraged Koala - Update 6' Protocol: 642
    Info: Running from : (Location)\Starbound\win32\starbound_opengl.exe
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Error: Access violation detected at (Address) (Write of address (Address))
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Error: Stack Trace...
      00852F70 starbound_opengl.exe
      IsBadWritePtr
      StartHookWOW64RunDll
      StartHookWOW64RunDll
      StartHookWOW64RunDll
      StartHookWOW64RunDll
      StartHookWOW64RunDll
      StartHookWOW64RunDll
      StartHookWOW64RunDll
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: OpenGL version: '4.4.0' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2' shader: '4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Created initial window 1000x600
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: OpenGL version: '4.4.0' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2' shader: '4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Re-created window 1280x961

I have removed some information because it's unneeded.

Both addresses start with 0x7 and are 8 hex characters long.

This error comes up right when the game starts on either DirectX or OpenGL.

Please help,

Lilrock

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    Tleno likes this.
  10. atbmatus

atbmatus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Traveling in the space, i saw on planets a lot of background bugs.
    They are of two types:
    -A thin white colomn that can be see only in some visual angle.
    -The base of planet surface background is only white. (About this, i'm not sure that is a bug, but is horrible to see so...)

Immaawdwagine.jpg Immag24242ine.jpg Immagiafafne.jpg Immaginafe.jpg Immaginawde.jpg Immagine.jpg Immagisane.jpg Immagiwdne.jpg sdssda.jpg

11. Lilrock

Lilrock Space Hobo

Temporary solution to my problem above:

Set the properties of "Starbound/win32/Starbound.exe", "Starbound/win32/Starbound_OpenGL.exe" and "Starbound/win32/launcher/launcher.exe" with compatibility mode for "Windows 7" and Administrator mode. (Steam might need a restart)

Once you open up the game, hopefully it will work for other people. It worked for me.

This problem should be fixed (The part for Windows 7) and the administrator mode should be mandatory to play the game (built into the binary file)

Have fun and good luck with the next batch of errors!

12. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

Multiplayer Bug

Clicking on the exclamation point next to their character portrait brings up my name, if I teleport to their ship it brings me to mine. It only happens when the party member is below me, the 3rd party member I can teleport to any time.

13. Spartan148

Spartan148 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, has anyone else not been able to craft the skyrail crafting station? I can't seem to...

14. Enzam

Enzam Pangalactic Porcupine

I had a similar occurance. Except I put down 8 guards. I came back to over 50.

15. Viktor_Raion

Viktor_Raion Star Wrangler

Not sure if a bug or something else...
    Well, i placed 4 spawners inside of my outpost, then went up to my ship to get some stuff needed to craft the wiring tool, after that, i came back to base and there were no spawners anymore but there were those people instead! They are obviously what the spawners were supposed to spawn (:rofl:) except that now i can't get my spawners (again, not sure if that's intentional or buggy). Also, i accidentally hit them with my bubble sword and now they remain forever hostile :rofl: i am attacked by my hosts in my own place!! T_T SPAWNERS.jpg
    I guess i'll try to kill them and hope them to drop spawners again...

16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I believe at least the way the spawning works is intentional. The fact that you can hurt them, that is questionable, and probably something that has not been work on as of yet...

Viktor_Raion likes this.
  17. Viktor_Raion

Viktor_Raion Star Wrangler

Oh, i see...well, anyway, i had to trap them and i keep them in captivity as they will still sell me stuff whilst stabbing me :zzz:

Tamorr likes this.
  18. Anselm

Anselm Orbital Explorer

Recently ran in to a CTD bug. If you go to the multiplayer menu and enter an IP for a server that is not currently running and hit join the game locks up and crashes. Had to end the task in taskmanager.

19. Spartan148

Spartan148 Void-Bound Voyager

Dude, it deletes the spawner. Elsewise, you would spawn an army of something deadly like pirates on a multiplayer world and that would be very bad.

Viktor_Raion likes this.
  20. Lunaramethyst

Lunaramethyst Yeah, You!

Minor issues : the human item Wide Rusty Filing Cabinet is tagged as a storage item, but can't store anything; when a Flare touches a mob, it simply disappear; and when a mob is hurt by environment (poison, lava) the fighting music plays, while this same music sometimes don't plays when engaging Bandits.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.