1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagaz

Dagaz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OK some bugs ive encountered that i haven't seen mentioned (they probably have so forgive my insufficient detective skills)

- When travelling the back and bottom boosters of the ship don't change animation (ie back booster gets bigger when ship moves forwards so on)
    - When sitting in the Impervium Chair, the positioning is a little wonky. perhaps the addition of a overlay of the foreground armrest might help.

2. catmonkshiro

catmonkshiro Phantasmal Quasar

as i figured :) thanks for clearing that up for me :) so all items that have blueprints can no longer be scanned then

3. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

I'm sure a ton of us by now have posted about the "connection lag"-like issue in the current engine. It's driving me insane, I really hope Bartwe can fix it.

4. Padlock3214

Padlock3214 Void-Bound Voyager

Bug 1. A friend and I were exploring the solar system through the ships navigation screen, and whenever we were moving the screen, we got random disconnects from server. Also when selecting Tier 2 planets, same thing happened.

Bug 2. When said friend and I were both Jumping to a new planet, I was caught in a Jump loop that required a restart. Wouldn't have minded if I didn't lose all fuel used to travel.[

5. Radiated Ronin

Radiated Ronin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I seem to have general issues just getting the game to start. I can get the first page no problem, but when I click Launch, it hangs on the Loading screen. I usually have to force close several times before getting the game to load up.

I am using a Windows 7 laptop, more than minimum requirements to run it (game is fine once it's up) and am not sure what I need to do. Running the diagnostic does not seem to help. I would play multiplayer, but I wouldn't want to ruin someone's game with connection issues!

6. mmmmmchou

mmmmmchou Space Hobo

Server.exe is crashing frequently, making multiplayer kind of impossible. Also, entire home world wiped clean when server.exe crashed.

7. phytophile

phytophile Void-Bound Voyager

Every time I click on a planet in the nav computer the game crashes to desktop. Stuck on one planet until this is fixed somehow. It just started happening today, I'd been travelling around fine before.

8. Aghork

Aghork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

- If you use a bandage from the hotbar and then immediately switch to another item by pressing a number, the bandage is consumed but you don't get the regeneration buff.

This bug: when you then switch back, then you get the regeneration without consuming a bandage. It's like the consuming process is "on hold" if you interrupt the animation and is finished when you get back to the bandage.

9. Rezuga

Rezuga Yeah, You!

Got this Issue to, Though the mods i use have been updated to be compatible with enraged koala im getting Error: ItemException: Overwriting item in PlayerInventory::setItem
    0057A010 (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarItem.hpp:14)

10. Aurtose

Aurtose Subatomic Cosmonaut

I know one of the mods (XS mechs) suggested un-equipping the tech before updating the mod. I was unable to prevent the SB update so this is likely the cause, need to wait for the inventory editor to affect tech I guess.

11. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

A great bug that hit me with hotfix 5 is the removal of the perfectly generic item system. Now, when a mod is removed, it often leads to a crash because an item can no longer be found.

12. jellybeanpie

jellybeanpie Intergalactic Tourist

Hi Everyone I was just wondering whether you guys could help me a minute,I have a three storey mansion as my home on Starbound but when I recently installed my third floor to show off my Glitch trophys (Love to Loot) I found that as soon as I go inside my home first of all I can use all my "utencils" (eg. Crafting Table,Yarn Spinner) but I cant PLACE or DELETE any blocks not even back walls and when I try to they just disappear out of my inventory. I also have a orchard where I store my diverse collection of trees (I'm So Hardcore I Collect TREES) I can't place them and when I try they simply disappear Ditto to the "Events" in my House.Then I walk Inside my home and sudden LAG SPIKE then suddenly massive world hole walls cut of parts of my home and when i jump at the world holes they freeze my sprite when I try to go carry on going through it until I slowly slide down the wall and return to a unfrozen state but I always getting caged between these to world hole walls its a REAL PROBLEM please help anonymous

13. JNMeiun

JNMeiun Void-Bound Voyager

shotgun pellets travel along the floor or ceiling if they hit it and continue to be able to do damage. unstable branch

http://puu.sh/7cYVH.png

14. Rezuga

Rezuga Yeah, You!

thats what i was thinking. it probably is a tech i have from a mod that is causing the issue. i dont know what current inventory editors can do but i hope its possible to replace items in the tech slot.

15. Booksbin

Booksbin Space Hobo

At fullscreen Starbound drops frames. I've found this bug on OSX 10.9 with a Nvidea GeForce GT 650M.

16. ChillChinchilla

ChillChinchilla Void-Bound Voyager

So I found a very small level 9 jungle planet with a Avian temple (the purple one) right near the spawn point. As I'm exploring it I realize that for some reason that my torches are not placing in a certain area... Continue a little and part of the screen isn't loading in, like it's rendering a chunk. I sit and wait for it to load, but no dice. I go to leave and the place where I entered is now not loaded. I'm stuck in this temple room and a few hallways. Still nothing is loading. I save and quit, restart my game and try again... Still the same deal.
    Also, I have the "all seeing cape" so I used it to peek down before entering the glitched zone once... It looked loaded, had a bone buzzard flying around and everything. Once I got down there, however, I wasn't loaded and was all bugged again.

I got video of the glitch to help.

17. ChoMar

ChoMar Orbital Explorer

Indestructable Vines?
    I have encountert Vines or something, the plants that grow from the ceeling, wich cant be harvested/destructed/whatever. At least not the base block where they are attached. It is hard and annoying to build arround them.

18. SaitaM

SaitaM Subatomic Cosmonaut

The base block from where the vines start growing have always been indestructible. You have to first chop down the entire vine so you can mine the block.

19. GreyxHawk

GreyxHawk Space Hobo

Well a glitch that I have encountered is when I go AFK from the game for a while, and I come back the game closes itself out with 2 error messages. Stable version. Windows 7. Thanks if any admin saw this!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  20. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I've noticed more today on new hylotl I made that the wooden stairs, at least when descending, you skip along the steps very fast, making the "footfall on wood" sound effect in rapid succession. currently playing stable version, windows 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.