OOC Serik - A collaborative Sci fi RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Hwo Thumb, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    Woah check out that totally cool logo I drew. Awesome!
    Let's play a space game!

RP link here

Welcome to Serik! A hundred years in the future, Earth has been left behind for other, newer worlds. The humans share the galaxy with six other species under the Galactic Republic of Planets. But as the Republic grows, it struggles to maintain control. In a galaxy on the brink of civil war, a variety of roleplaying options await. Players' actions have a real and present effect on the larger RP world. Join us, and together we can tell an amazing story.

There is quite a lot of lore to read up on, and you are more than welcome to skip it. Just be sure to read The Rules, The World, and, if you intend to play an alien, The Aliens.

This RP is sort of loose. There's no "limits" to your character (Stat sheets, rolling dice, etc) so as long as you're not power playing, you'll be fine. The main thing here is just to respect the other players and do our best to make the game enjoyable for everyone. We want to tell a story that all the players can enjoy.

Go ahead and fill out a character sheet. The RP will start as soon as we get a member or two.
    Sample character
    [​IMG]
    Name: Amso Rakol
    Species: Shorman
    Home Planet: Tara II
    Personality: Intelligent and resourceful, as well as bitterly sarcastic. He is pretty amoral, willing to hurt others to get ahead. He's reluctant to kill unless it's necessary, but he will defend himself.
    Abilities: A decent pilot and good hand to hand fighter. Cannot handle a gun well, but is uncharacteristically agile for a Shorman, and uses a specialized Keska spear. It is a sword on the ione end, and an electric prod on the other. He has been able to adapt his business education to his new job.
    Character Bio: Amso grew up on Tara II and worked there as a business consultant before he began to rent a vessel and make his fortune as a merchant. However, recently he has discovered that the building conflict between the GRP and the IPSF creates a demand for weapons, and has taken up gun-running as his trade, working for a shell corporation on Schlora. He knows his way around the streets of Schlora and the stars of space, and loves little more than to disprove the stereotype that male Shormans are weak or tame.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

hey, you might want to make this an OOC page, you do that by clicking on forum settings.

3. Hwo Thumb

Why do I need two separate threads for 1 rpg?

I've never really seen RPs done this way, sorry.

Edit: Where is the forum settings button? Can't seem to find it...

4. critsarecool

I think it is an the top of the original post. OOC is for out of character posting, and the RP one is for the story. It's more helpful for the posters. And it's in the forum rules

5. Hwo Thumb

Found it. (It's labeled Thread Tools. The pluralization seems a bit odd considering there's only 1 option. :p

Anyway, I didn't know that. I'll make a separate thread.

6. critsarecool

mkay. This thread looks good, might join, just not now. Busy and stuff.

7. warlava50

warlava50 Subatomic Cosmonaut

seems pretty cool. I will definitely make a app. thinking kerrik.

8. Hwo Thumb

If you want a picture, I can try my hand at drawing out your character once you post them. (Or "Kerrikter") I'm not exactly a great artist, but I'm willing to give it a shot. (Drawing Rakol was fun)

9. SurealLustHunter

SurealLustHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please let me know if I need to change anything about him/her/it ^_^

Name: Shiro
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Sol
    Physical description: (See attachment)
    Personality: Shiro is a small woman, and assumed to be in her early teens more often than not. She can be quite emotionless and stiff, but she tends to crack when shes either failed her objective or felt a strong surge of emotion (IE: She failed to protect someone, she started to get feelings for someone[most likely she will turn hostile-ish], she was forced to kill a crew member, ect, ect)
    Abilities: Shes a crack-shot marksman with about any firearm and a excellent pilot, which has helped her out of many tricky situations. Due to her small and frail body however she is not so keen at CQC and tends to stay at a distance enough for a .50 calibur round to poke her foes
    Character Bio: Shiro was born on Sol but was soon moved aboard a starship heading for Menta when the ship was attacked by a band of pirates. The pirates saw the small child, on the ground emotionless. The captain, a stout Farbian by the name of Hemlock, took her in and she began her life as a pirate. She learned how to wield a gun at the age of 5 and how to pilot at the age of 7. By the time she was 15 she could out-pilot almost anyone aboard the ship, let alone hit a target better. Because of the rigorous training and excellent skills, Hemlock had her capture a ship, which to this day is her ship(See attachments for ship).
    Misc stuff (Job, interests, etc) :

Attached Files:

10. Hwo Thumb

Sounds good! Shiro and Hemlock have been added to the character index. Since you're the first person to play this RP, I'll need a bit more info to kick this off.

1: What is Shiro doing right now? (I need an occupation and location to put her when the RP starts.) Is she still under Hemlock's command or have they split ways? (And if so, was the separation violent? ;))
    2: Does she have a crew, or is she kind of a lone wolf? To encourage charrie interaction, I think we might want to find her a crewmate, passenger, or some PC to stick with her.
    3: Who are some people in her life right now? (Friends, family, maybe a fence she visits to sell her pirated goods?)

11. warlava50

if she needs a crew, I can be part of it!

12. SurealLustHunter

Sorry for being late~
    1: What is Shiro doing right now? She is currently laying in a plan for an ambush
    1a: Is she still under Hemlock's command or have they split ways? She is under her own command, but she is part of Hemlocks fleet
    2: Does she have a crew, or is she kind of a lone wolf? She has a crew, and I would love another member to the Avalon(her ships)'s crew ^_^
    3: Who are some people in her life right now? Hemlock(Her 'father'/captain), Jazz(Companion/go-to-woman), and Shark(Gunship pilot) are the main people. Plus Warlava50's if he applies and his occupation is of his choice(Just not le captain >.>)

EDIT:

Occupation is merc/pirate and her location is just out of Whittouch (Shes about to ambush a ship of 'happy customers' en route)

13. Hwo Thumb

We can stick Warlava on your ship as soon as they join. For now, let's get this show on the road! Check out the roleplay thread, where the first post has begun. I kick-started the narrative, so we're ready to go.

If you can spare the time, I'd like to know a bit more about you and your crew. (The best stories are built on the characters, after all, and even NPCs are worth lending a backstory to!) What is your crew like, personality wise? What is your relationship with them, and with Hemlock?

14. SurealLustHunter

All righty~ Sorry for the late reply, EST here >.>

The crew aboard the Avalon is a fun-loving crew really. They sing and drink and overall are a group of merrymakers. Shark often is the center of attention, always drinking a strong alien ale and doing aerial stunts in his gunship. Jazz is a cool-headed woman, who enjoys the company of women to men, and is often seen around her quarters or Shiro's. No-one knows what happens when Jazz walks in and the doors close(Its nothing that bad~). Once they have a job they, however, get dead serious. They focus on the task at hand and wont stop until they've given it their all. Shiro spends her time observing her crew and sleeping, the crew knows what would happen if she were to be disturbed in the slightest(She's particularly homicidal during the wake-up cycle). Her relationship with her father is professional until they talk about the past, then they act like a family.

15. warlava50

name:heck day

species: kerrik

home planet: doesn't know

physical description: aviator goggles, shirt with wrench on it, nanofiber jeans

personality: care free, but when asked about the few things he remembers about the past, he becomes very quiet.

abilities: engineering skill that can fix almost anything and can use a wrench as a pretty effective weapon, but has a irrational fear of anyone in a white jacket because it triggers a old memory.

character bio: know one knows much about his life before shiro found him floating in a fueless ship. When brought aboard the ship as a prisoner, it's automated brig door was broken, and with a wrench, he fixed it in 5 minutes. amazed by his skill, shiro hired him as her on-board ship mechanic. all he told them about his past was "project mechanic". he usually fixes hi-tech stuff in 2 hours, and normal stuff in 10 minutes.

misc(jobs, interests, esc):shiro's on-board mechanic

(sorry for not much in the character bio, but it will unravel as we go. muhahahaha! p.s. he's not evil, that's just my evil laugh)

16. Hwo Thumb

Awesome, your character is ingame

Added a tech section to the ooc where you can check out some of the technology you will have access to

17. SurealLustHunter

Woo! So, my Varanium-shell cannon is all right?

18. Hwo Thumb

Sure, why not? Just keep in mind that a shield piercing round is going to be expensive, and you'll likely want to save them for high priority targets. Also, they won't work as well against heavier shields, since some ships run shields with multiple layers.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  19. SurealLustHunter

Woo~!

The shells are mostly what she uses to tackle her prey. If the ship is tackled she boards it. If the zone is too hot she'll rip it up some more. And if there are civilians she wont blow it up. They are quite expensive, but like I said, Jazz is her go-to-woman for anything >.> She's kinda like a counselor mixed with fine bartering skill and manipulation to ice the cake

20. Hwo Thumb

I hope that you don't mind; I've made this mysterious ship a tad bit more powerful than you might have expected.

Maybe it's carrying something worth protecting on board?