OOC Serik - A collaborative Sci fi RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Hwo Thumb, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We're waiting on Surreal, I guess.

They said they might not be able to post for a few days, but we kinda need them to continue the RP.

The waiting game begins. Also, spellcheck tried to correct a misspelling of waiting to "Wainscotting," which is the name of a lovely little village in England.

2. SurealLustHunter

SurealLustHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

*rubs back of neck sheepishly*

I-im sorry guys....

3. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

it's ok, we all have done it at least once. Just post relatively soon, and we will be fine.

4. critsarecool

I think i'll let one of the others reply, I feel like it's just been me and you doing this, @Hwo Thumb .

5. Hwo Thumb

Yeahh... Let's give Sureal one more day, and if they don't reply, I'll just take over their charrie for a bit until they get back

Warlava seems to be rather inconsistent with posting. I kind of want to see more of their character.

Off topic note, it feels weird referring to everyone with gender neutral terms. :p

Any way, the story I have planned now is actually based off a comic that I had planned but never had time for. I think everyone will like it.

6. critsarecool

When will you update your comic? It's been awhile.
    Also, warlava is normally inconsistant and his characters don't make much sense.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  7. Hwo Thumb

I've been having issues with my tablet, combined with that end-of-year part of school, right before you can start coasting, where homework reaches its peak. It's made it difficult to work on Foreign Exchange.

On the subject of Warlava; I hate insulting other people's writing, but ever since I've started work on my first book, poorly written characters just annoy the crap out of me. You seem to be an okay writer, though, and you have an interesting character.

(No offense intended, War)

Maybe once I get better at writing I can start running character-creating workshops...

8. critsarecool

Thx mate. I just wish that writing came this easy whenever I write an essay. I write better from a characters point of view. I think that you would like the demon hunters RP, but you are probably too busy with other stuff. There is a lot of reading you'll have to catch up with.

9. Hwo Thumb

Warlava, quick tip: When the Game Master implies that you should bring a character with you, it's probably because the next plot point will make a TON more sense with that character there.

Not trying to be the Game Dictator, here, but Beaky's the only person who can explain what's in that cargo bay. I wouldn't ignore him.

Oh, also, minor note for Shiro - You can keep hitting on aliens, but it's not going to work. Shormans reproduce through external fertilization, so they have no sex drive whatsoever, Arriak only court through singing, and you don't seem like the musical type - or the giant insect type. Katamains don't even have the same genitals as humans, Chipi courting rituals are a bit too.... intense for a human (Read: Their idea of a date is hunting wild animals together with nothing more than what they can find in their environment) Kerriks are too small anyway, Farbians tend to be more pragmatic, and even the more emotional one wouldn't be likely to fall for it.

And then there's the tiny fact that there's no reason an alien would be sexually attracted to a human. It just doesn't happen. (Then again, humans have furries... Do Farbians have "skinnies?")

Also, it's awkward and uncomfortable for everyone who isn't you.
    [/unnecessary_sexual_tension_rant]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  10. critsarecool

If you gave me food on the other hand, it would be a different story. Also, don't pat Aaron on the stomach. Ever.

11. Hwo Thumb

Ha, ha, you read the comic. (For those who didn't, crits is referencing that Farbians court through gifts of food, and Katamains have their genitalia where others have their belly buttons. Considering they're insects from the waist down, and don't wear pants, there aren't many other places to put them

I want to go back and re-draw the earlier stuff. I've made a lot of progress in a short amount of time, and the site could use some cleaning up.

12. critsarecool

Ya, I think that might help. Could there be an eater egg where we meet your characters in the RP? Also, I think it would be cool if you put references to events that happen in the RP into the comic.

13. Hwo Thumb

Sounds like a fun easter egg...

I already mentioned this, but the plot I have planned is based off of a story I wanted to write but didn't have time for. When I get around to it, maybe I can sneak a few references to this RP in it. Who knows, maybe I might like the way this turns out even better, and change the original plot.

14. critsarecool

Are you writing a novel or an internet book? Either way, tell me when you are done, I would love to read it. Also, are you in college?

15. Hwo Thumb

It's a novel, set in a universe similar to this one. The difference is that in the book I'm writing, the aliens never contacted us, instead allowing our world to collapse. It's got conspiracies and space pirates, and everything. It's pretty awesome.

This is actually the pretty little description I wrote up for it:
    I'm in high school right now. I'm hoping to have the book written, and, if not published in the meatspace, at least e-published by the time I start applying to colleges.

16. critsarecool

Nice! Well, I say good luck to you. I go to Folsom high in California, freshman.
    lol. meatspace.

17. critsarecool

You know, I'm really surprised that warlava didn't apply to be a Kerrik. It would give him an excuse for his character to be the way that he writes it.

18. SurealLustHunter

SurealLustHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am SO sorry guys, just posted

19. Hwo Thumb

It's okay, good to have you back.
    But he is a Kerrik...

Also, that went downhill for Aaron surprisingly quickly. I'm going to move this along a bit, but I have to know whether you're taking the captain or going straight to the cargo bay without him. (Also, as a side note, Word of GM dictates that two of your pirate men are accompanying you through the halls with Aaron. That way, if something needs to happen, we have two expendable characters to kill off. Not saying anything WILL happen, just saying in case it does.)

Oh, and you don't HAVE to take the captain. The story will work either way... just... differently.

20. critsarecool

We are taking the captain, I set it into motion a series of events already.