OOC Serik - A collaborative Sci fi RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Hwo Thumb, Apr 27, 2014.

1. SurealLustHunter

SurealLustHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hehe, sounds interesting. Maybe I can act as if I fired out of intimidation, much like a dog would bite out of a similar situation

2. warlava50

warlava50 Subatomic Cosmonaut

hmm... WELL, TIME TO LOOT!

3. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Adding a rules section and a semi-npc character. Anyone can take control of Aaron, as long as they keep him true to his character. (I've kept him pretty boring, so he's versatile)
    [​IMG]
    Name: Aaron Daake
    Species: Katamain
    Home Planet: Sol
    Personality: Kind of lazy, kind of dull, but nice and friendly.
    Abilities: Absolutely none. Aaron has no talent. He's okay in a fight, but by no means an expert combatant. He's not particularly smart, well educated, or resourceful. He is very polite, however, and everyone appreciates kindness.
    Character Bio: Born and raised on Earth, (Hence the human name) Aaron is the child of a civil attorney and an accountant, and his life couldn't be much more boring. He went to an average school in the middle of a boring suburb. He got average grades, had a few good friends, and graduated without attending college. After that, he spent a few years moving from job to job on Earth before deciding to enlist in the GMPF in the hopes of escaping the monotony of Earth. He now serves as a security officer aboard a GMPF vessel and his job consists of standing around waiting for something to go wrong. It usually doesn't.

Edit: For a sense of scale, Shiro, about how many crew members are onboard your ship, including yourself and Heck Day?

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  4. Hwo Thumb

Pet Peeve, Warlava, could you make more of an effort to use proper grammar? Just capitalization and punctuation can make your posts a lot easier to read. Glaring mistakes subtract from the narrative flow.

Speaking of flow, we're waiting on you Shiro. (No pressure)

5. SurealLustHunter

Sorry, power out till roughly friday. I got a library and a coffe shop for my power and interweb needs! Also, she has roughly 200~ men and women aboard her ship

6. Hwo Thumb

Ahh... That's more than I expected. How big is the Avalon? (And how powerful?)

Sorry about the power troubles. :p

Anyway, Beaky wants to negotiate. I'm not sure how violent you want to be here; You're inherently at somewhat of a disadvantage through positioning.

7. SurealLustHunter

Well, were not going to be very violent. I mean, shes having the Avalon look weak and powerless outside of our ship here. The Avalon is roughly 235.8m long. It has four Varanium shell cannons and five Mark seven Coilguns(Railguns) that can fire objects of various sizes at various speeds. IE a phone at 1/2 the speed of light.

8. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I'm gonna be posting app soon, just waiting an approval from thumb. I thought it might have been a bit OP/morbid. Could I be sent by your employer, @SurealLustHunter, to make sure you get the job done or something?

9. SurealLustHunter

Sure thing! It would be interesting to see a spy/enforcer amidst my crew >.>

10. critsarecool

Great! I think I'll just post the app, then I can edit it later.

11. SurealLustHunter

A fabarian huh?

*Smirk*

Cabin girl~

12. critsarecool

This is definitely no cabin girl. WARNING: The background is a bit morbid, so just be wary while you are reading it.
    Name: Longtail Felinity
    Species: Farbian
    Home Planet: Farbia Moon
    Physical Description: Black furred, normal sized claws, and very light blue eyes. She doesn’t have a tail, after something in her childhood (see bio). She wears tightfitting, combat ready clothes, and is extremely fit after years of exercise and training.
    Personality: She keeps a happy face on most of the time, but beneath it is a broiling sea of emotion. She is constantly reminded of the fate of her family by her missing tail.
    Abilities/Gear: Aside from normal Farbian attributes, she is also very lithe, stealthy, and can kill a man (or alien) easily. She is very strong after years of training, and uses her own body as a weapon, however, she still carries a kinetic silenced SMG on her back for emergency purposes, a plasma sniper rifle for special occasions {this is almost always stored away} and a molecular edge knife with a cross-grip.
    Character Bio: She grew up on the moon of Farbia most of her young life, since her parents, her only family, were the owners of a gem mine there. At the age of 16, a band of marauders attacked the mine her parents owned. Everyone was massacred. When they got to the main office, her parents tried to reason with them, but her father was cut apart and her mother was taken for ‘reasons’ that don’t need to be spoken. When they found her hiding in the closet, they decided to have some fun with her. They held her down and cut off her tail piece by piece. They left her with the pieces of her tail around her next to her dead father. When rescue came from one of the other mining companies, they found her, the only survivor. They bandaged her up, then she told them what happened. After finding out what the pirate band’s name was, she allowed herself to recover. She began training in fighting once she was able to, and at the age of 20, she set out to look for the pirates, and has been looking since. She ran into a pirate named Hemlock when she was at a merc. station, and after hearing her proposition, he offered her a job to keep tabs on one of his ships. The captain was like a daughter to him, and he didn't want her to get killed. She took it, but only because of the fact that she roamed around a lot, and might run into the pirates she was looking for.
    Ship: Her ship is a small cruiser consisting of a cabin, a pilot bay, a maintenance room, and a storeroom, where weapons, medical equipment, and food is stored. It has a Kinshield that would normal be used for a larger ship, and was modified to fit hers, therefore, it is slightly stronger than the basic for a tanker, being able to take a few more hits. It has a forward facing plasma cannon on a swivel so it can rotate. The cannon has a ring of low grade laser cannons around it, to add that extra umph and burn a hole in the shield for the plasma to get through and hit. It also has two lower mounted EMP cannons, but she doesn’t have many charges for them.
    Misc: She owns the mine her parents ran, so she has funds from there. (IE lots of cash)

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  13. SurealLustHunter

O.O

Oh... Oh my....

It wasnt me TT_TT

>.>

She is kinda morbid/scarry/my type :rofl:

14. critsarecool

Thou hast better hope not.

SurealLustHunter likes this.
  15. Hwo Thumb

*Sent you the PM before I saw that you already moved your charrie to the thread. Whoops

In any case, we're glad to have you. For a bit of background info, where is Longtail now? (What system, who does she have with her, if anyone, etc.) Any info that would be useful to building her story is great. At some point, she can meet up with Shiro but it doesn't have to be any time soon, (and I think we've clarified that Shiro isn't her White Whale, anyway)

Oh, and Shiro, sorry about pushing the docking, but we need to move the story along a little. I don't want to rush it, but I DO want you to find out what's on the ship *Maniacal laugh!*

SurealLustHunter likes this.
  16. critsarecool

Ok, I'll make sure to balance it all out later. For now, I gots track.

17. critsarecool

Ok, here is the new and improved (or should I say balanced) character app. Hope this one works.

Name: Longtail Felinity

Species: Farbian

Home Planet: Farbia Moon

Physical Description: Black furred, normal sized claws, and very light blue eyes. She doesn’t have a tail, after something in her childhood (see bio). She wears tightfitting, combat ready clothes, and is extremely fit after years of exercise and training.

Personality: She keeps a happy face on most of the time, but beneath it is a broiling sea of emotion. She is constantly reminded of the fate of her family by her missing tail.

Abilities/Gear: Aside from normal Farbian attributes, she is also very lithe, and can kill a man (or alien) easily. She is very strong after years of training, and carries a kinetic silenced SMG, a plasma sniper rifle for special occasions {this is almost always stored away} and a molecular edge knife with a cross-grip. She is also a good pilot. Not exceptional, but the ship makes up for that. Since her is missing her tail, her center of balance is off center, and even though she has been tailless for 11 years, she is still inhibited by it a little bit, so she won’t be excellent at stealth.

Character Bio: She grew up on the moon of Farbia most of her young life, since her parents, her only family, were the owners of a gem mine there. At the age of 16, a band of marauders attacked the mine her parents owned. Everyone was massacred. When they got to the main office, her parents tried to reason with them, but her father was cut apart and her mother was taken for ‘reasons’ that don’t need to be spoken. When they found her hiding in the closet, they decided to have some fun with her. They held her down and cut off her tail piece by piece. They left her with the pieces of her tail around her next to her dead father. When rescue came from one of the other mining companies, they found her, the only survivor. They bandaged her up, then she told them what happened. After finding out what the pirate band’s name was, she allowed herself to recover. She began training in fighting once she was able to, and at the age of 20, she set out to look for the pirates, and has been looking since. She became a mercenary, hoping that one of the jobs she goes on will bring her into contact with the pirates, so she can wreak her vengeance on them. Currently, she is working a detail to watch the ambush of a civilian vessel to make sure that nothing goes awry for her employers.

Ship: Her ship is a small AA Needler class cruiser from Gorrah, but she calls it the Dark Star. It consists of 2 cabins, a pilot bay, a maintenance room, and a storeroom, where weapons, medical equipment, and food is stored. It has a Kinshield that would normal be used for a larger ship, and was modified to fit hers, therefore, it is slightly stronger than the basic for a tanker, being able to take a few more hits. It has a forward facing plasma cannon on a swivel so it can rotate. The cannon has a ring of low grade laser cannons around it, to add that extra umph and burn a hole in the shield for the plasma to get through and hit. It also has two lower mounted EMP cannons, but she doesn’t have many charges for them. Due to it being a light Gorrah ship, it is almost twice as fast as other ships, and can out maneuver most ships, and also has a cloaking device that makes her not show up on radar. She is the only one on the ship, and she likes it that way, but there is another, if smaller, unused cabin.

18. Hwo Thumb

Love the revenge quest! You seem like a good writer, it's nice to have you.

Also, is the vessel she has been hired to watch the Darasis-Ali? (The ship Shiro is attacking?)

Shiro, my impression so far of your character is an obnoxious, non-ninja version of River Tam.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  19. critsarecool

Yah, she was hired to observe and step in if the situation became dire, as an added gun. She is cloaked currently though, so no one knows she is there. I just wish I could write as well when I do essays as I do here. :p
    When can I join? *rubs hands together*

20. critsarecool

Aldo, if you really wanted to take out the ship, just destroy the area in which the life support systems are located. It equals no air for the other ship.