1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

rate my render

Discussion in 'Art' started by josh jones, Apr 1, 2013.

1. josh jones

josh jones Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like using 3d programs to make art and id really like some constructive feedback on one of my new renders.
    thanks guys!
    render 2.jpg
    star.png
    sword (2).jpg
    Untdftyuftyufitled 1.jpg

2. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

9.5/10. I'd like to see what you can come up with entirely original ^_^

3. josh jones

actually i have a few pure originals :)
    i mostly do abstract though so they don't really fit a theme.
    sword (2).jpg

4. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Wow they look really nice. Good work!

5. josh jones

thanks :) . i really do not have any real world talent such as music so i mostly sit in my room all day doing this stuff :) . if anyone wants to make a request it would give me something to do i can make 3d text very well and i can model objects a tad bit . just let me know guys :) .

6. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

The brightness is lovely, but be careful because you made it too bright and started to lose detail at the hilt. Also, the fingers need to be in sharper focus as the sword is in such sharp focus. Blur needs to be gradual, so gradually blur it as the arm gets closer to the viewer and sharper around the fingers. The figures look lovely though

Connorses likes this.
  7. josh jones

star.png

yeah I've really worked on my lighting since then. and i completely agree with you on the focus. maybe i will resurrect this file and try out some new stuff on it! week.jpg just made this guy from a generated monster every friday !

Zailiner, Seajun_ and blind sniper like this.
  8. O5-2

O5-2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Holy dead panda, this is better than some AAA company's renders, good work man!

9. shardshunt

shardshunt Cosmic Narwhal

1000000000000000/10

10. Bizaroide

Bizaroide Master Chief

Amazing *_*

11. These are really good. My only beef is that the 3rd one is way too blurry. I can hardly see the transition of sharp to blurry in the hand.

12. josh jones

thanks for the feedback guys. does anyone have a request we are out for break and i need something to do!

13. I have a request, but I'd like to know; would you want a reference picture or can I just describe what I would like?

14. josh jones

i might can go off of a description but a picture of the front would be so much easier to work with like this . this is something i worked on yesterday got the picture off of the net not completely done yet
    keyblade_4_ultima_by_kuraiKiba.jpg render.jpg

15. Well, I really like the Starbound logo that you made, and I've been thinking about making a clan for a while. So can you make it be sort of like the Starbound logo thing? I want it to say "Thieves of the Stars" I'd like it to have a darker theme, with darkish colours. Perhaps replacing the V with two dagger (Or something like that). And from there I'll give you creative freedom.

16. josh jones

that sounds awesome and for the colors. i'm thinking maybe darker blues and is purple a no can do?

17. Those colours sound fine, so long as they all show up well.

18. teraByte

teraByte Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9/10 Would bang.

ImmortalFrog and Evangelion like this.
  19. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Love the one with the pokeballs. The reflection is perfect, looks very realistic.

20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Very good. Wouldn't mind seeing some more of your work if you post any.