One year later...

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Godsire88

Godsire88 Big Damn Hero

If most of the mining tools are being reduced in power and having restrictions than whats going to be the most primary way to mine???

2. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

The Matter Manipulator, which can now be upgraded in terms of power, mining radius and allowance of liquid collection.

3. Godsire88

Godsire88 Big Damn Hero

I figured as much. Which I love that we can now make upgrades to it. Thanks!!!

4. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

Yeah no kidding. It makes more sense this way. Like, we get this awesome future tool for mining, and immediately ditch it for a stone-age pickaxe? Really? xD

Also, I'm hoping that we can color the MM. Make it a little more personal. I might even make a mod for engraving it. :eek:

yclatious likes this.
  5. JoeBlk

JoeBlk Star Wrangler

Happy Anniversary to all Starbound'ers! :) I can't wait for next "stable update" on steam. I don't want to rush you all at the dev-team, take your time! LOVE from Germany!

6. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'm hoping we can get color options for a LOT of stuff in this game eventually. The MM, clothes, all blocks, furniture... what if I don't want a blue couch, I want green?

Kawa likes this.
  7. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

:party:
    Congratulations. One whole year of working on the game, releasing some 9 updates, and hiring employees. And attempting defend yourselves from the dark reaches of the internet. Not very well, I add.
    A delicious cake..jpg
    Here. Enjoy this delicious cake...

Colaymorak, JoeBlk, Lupino and 3 others like this.
  8. RedReaper

RedReaper Void-Bound Voyager

I cant wait for the game to update.I have not played the game in a long time and that is because I don't want to spoil the game until its ready. When I first saw this game I said to myself I had to get it and I cannot see someone who would regret getting this game. Keep up the astonishing work guys.

JoeBlk likes this.
  9. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Yay Starbound!

We love you Chucklefish team!

JoeBlk and SeaMichelle like this.
  10. Kholdwyn

Kholdwyn Void-Bound Voyager

If this game produces another stable update before I finish exams I am doomed :p

JoeBlk likes this.
  11. ogboot

ogboot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You have nothing to worry about, if we get a stable update before then msg me on the forums and I'll buy a copy of the game for a friend of your choice.
    Love the game, can't wait to play something stable, but right now it's just another title that has sat in Steam Early Access with no pending release.

JoeBlk, enderpony and darigaaz2022 like this.
  12. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

On the one hand, I want to say something positive about Chucklefish. On the other hand, I really really really want Pingeh to like one of my comments.

JoeBlk, Pingeh and Owl_Stalker like this.
  13. Cruxifer

Cruxifer Subatomic Cosmonaut

One year later and I'm still hype for the potential this game possesses. Keep up the good work, ladies and gentlemen. I try to visit the site at least every other day and I'm never disappointed. Someday in the distant future, I'd like to see where the concept this game encompasses can really take us.

Now, if only I weren't poor and could actually buy Starbound rather than merely observing its developmental progress and playing it from a friend's computer. lol

JoeBlk likes this.
  14. ChicklEND

ChicklEND Void-Bound Voyager

Haven't gotten around to posting but now seems like a good time to start :)

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Big Damn Hero

One year later, and still not half as good as Terraria was at the 6 month mark.

Johan, drakd and Pingeh like this.
  16. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Difference in scope = different development time required >_>

17. uniden0

uniden0 Void-Bound Voyager

I really hope they bring it to the normal part of the server soon.

18. Flagdread

Flagdread Big Damn Hero

Congratulations, i remember first hearing about this game back when it was still just a concept. I can't believe the beta has been out for a year already. I, like many of us here I'm sure, are so very happy to have supported you all in this development and wish you a happy anniversary! :party:
    Now get back to work :p

JoeBlk likes this.
  19. blogRotten

blogRotten Orbital Explorer

Sweet - can't wait for the 1-year Enraged Koala birthday, too!

JitteryDoctor likes this.
  20. JitteryDoctor

JitteryDoctor Void-Bound Voyager

"Soon"

I'm afraid that "Soon" may mean "Not for a good while, kid."

Lupino, drakd, Pingeh and 1 other person like this.