One year later...

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Siela

Siela Space Hobo

Happy birthday Starbound! :party:

JoeBlk likes this.
  2. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Alright: Several things.

First of all, great job to everyone at chucklefish. Starbound looks amazing and you guys are doing amazing.

Secondly: Has the ore-dropping on death in normal mode been changed? That feature is incredibly frustrating, and in my opinion should be optional.

Finally, will there at any point be music for when you're in your ship?

3. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Can confirm ore dropping is fixed for the easiest difficulty level

4. Ryuu Kitsune

Ryuu Kitsune Void-Bound Voyager

Congratulations Chucklefish, I have been following Starbound ever since it released on Steam. It has always been an enjoyable game with lots to do if you put your mind to it, also modding helps too for making some extra things to do on your journey. So thankyou Chucklefish for your hard work on Starbound.

JoeBlk and SeaMichelle like this.
  5. SidCoalman

SidCoalman Void-Bound Voyager

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Derailment/Baiting. Expires: 1 month
    I wonder if the stable update will come before Terraria 1.3 patch is released.

And I also hope that combat has been fixed. Because last I checked, it was an uninteresting mess. =/
    - Every creature had the EXACT same movement pattern. Someone explained it better than I ever could : "It looks like graphic designers made the monsters."
    - UI and controls were awful, making it a burden to go through your UI while also doing anything.
    I read a post, 4 month ago? about some nice looking changes where monsters have attack stances. I hope it's alive, well and polished.

I hope the release also tackles progression, which used to make no sens.

I mentioned Terraria, because it really sets the bar on everything. The experience is just fluid on every aspect, which is something Starbound really needs to fix.
    (Same goes with patches. Terraria has a history of delivering what it promised and within an expected time-frame. While I'm still hoping for Starbound to be any good... I don't know if I'll have to wait another 2months or another 36 months)

6. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Still reeling from the fact I just admitted to a bunch of people that I'm basically po'metheus...

...? Oh, it has been one year already? Time sure flies, huh?

Congrats :chucklefish:! Starbound is quite a fun game. :party:

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  7. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Give me a few hylotls and I'll make one. :viking::hylotl:

8. Idunyken

Idunyken Astral Cartographer

Happy Steamiversity CF! :chucklefish: Thanks for the hype boost :rofl:

Look forward to playing the unstable update. Have to reinstall that...thought it had just been ditched in favour of nightly

9. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

PERFECT

10. SquarelyCircle

SquarelyCircle Cosmic Narwhal

Who has been giving the supportive massages? Sounds over indulgent.

11. kfaj

kfaj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YAY Happy birf dey Starbound! I should make a cake or something in starbound.... >_> <_< ^,..,^ and then eat it om nom nom!

JoeBlk likes this.
  12. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Happy birthday!

JoeBlk likes this.
  13. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

A non-supportive massage is not a good massage.. :D

14. AstralGhost

AstralGhost Pangalactic Porcupine

Molly,
    How could you? After all this time.
    We have waited and waited and waited. And this is what we get? :cry:

It has been an ENTIRE YEAR! I can't believe this!!! You aren't doing it right!!!!! :mad:

...... You need an anniversary cake, girl. You just ain't doing it right without a cake.

enderpony, MetaSieg and SeaMichelle like this.
  15. Vordrak

Vordrak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Absolutely. I bought it, I liked it, and I am happy with the developers ... but I am waiting for Release 1.0

16. beari78

beari78 Guest

HURRAY! :party::lickitung::party:

Lintton and JoeBlk like this.
  17. Harakhti

Harakhti Phantasmal Quasar

If I had more money at the time, I would've went for a higher tier donation and by today I still agree that spending £10 on this game was one of my best ideas.
    Happy game anniversary, I guess. Medals to all staff to survive a whole year of blatant complaining and trolling.

18. Colaymorak

Colaymorak Big Damn Hero

I see a boat, I like boats! Birthday boat!

Seriously though, the game has been looking amazing so far in my unprofessional opinion and I eagerly await the next stable build, because that is going to be completely awesome from what I've seen.

Grab yourselves some funny hats and some cake, actually get yourselves some butter tarts, because butter tarts are delicious.

JoeBlk likes this.
  19. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

happy b-day to starbound!:chucklefish:

JoeBlk likes this.
  20. Rainseeker

Rainseeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please to have NPC renting rooms?

Kawa likes this.