Digital My Starbound Characters! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Andre Kent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TFGoose

TFGoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

.... Just found this thread today and... I....

Just... wow dude. You are awesome. Soooo so talented. Thanks so much for doing this for the community. :)

2. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Hmmm....erhem! Said request is here:
    Avi Starbound 1.png This is me. I look like dis.
    But I want something like a cowboy-gunslinger dude...with boosters on the shoulders.
    EX: These ones :3
    Mecha Wings 1.png

And if you want you can just remake this in your own style...
    Either one will be awesome!
    S7M2k ((not by me)).png
    Char curtisy of PigRocket

3. Said I'd post EACH story of my characters, but I can't post it as a status because it's too big :B I'll post it here.

Moonkey, the Strategist.
    As it mentions in her description, she used to be a pirate no one was able to match. Inspired by "The Godfather", her persona is somewhat Don Corleone in a more childish way, which matches a pirate conviction and everything. It was just natural for her to gain followers, but never intended. She works alone and she's really good at it. Most of her talent in driving and shooting is because she managed to go deep in her evolutionary tree and learned from an old scroll how apes have hands for feet, so she can shot 3 weapons while standing in one leg. I can imagine a whole bunch of situations where her versatility and leadership turn the story into something enjoyable and interesting. She's pretty unique.

Dr. Kent
    Well, he's... me. Sometimes you run after your objectives for way too long and as things start to get results you just can't stop trying to surpass your own limits. Dr. Kent was actually myself put on a extreme level. He worked so much and for so long he's actually turned his body into a robot so that he would be able to live forever. He's not briliant though. His inventions almost never work, his Ideas are never as practical as you would expect. As it happens, sometimes people have to sugest him SIMPLER things because he's so out of his mind into trying AMAZING stuff he doesn't want to develop... like... a DRILL to get you to the center of the planet. He would make a powerful laser and strap it to the moon, so that its rotating motion would CUT the planet in half and you could navigate on a small cruise ship to reach the center. His laser would not work properly, blowing up the moon and making EVERYONE in that planet insanely mad at him for blowing up the moon, screwing with the ocean and so on. This is almost what I think of myself sometimes. I get too creative into unnecessary things... Sometimes simple is better, and this is what this char is for me.

Valentine
    Supposebly this character was my girlfriend, but in the middle of the development it just hit me that everytime I portrait her, I use her actual personality. She's somewhat agressive, well decided, mature, smart, strategist... She's a police officer, so most of the time she's flawless. Turned out I noticed MOST of the characters I develop as being her in some universe have the SAME construction, so I just redesigned her character, picking her exact oposite characteristics to develop what then became Cherry~

Cherry
    As mentioned in the description, Cherry was never well accepted by her tribe. having a brown-ish skin made her coleagues bully her by resembling an ebony female. Since she was a child her agressive nature was put aside by repression. Sometimes she would want to fight, but someone bigger would just shut her down. Everytime she got mad, things got worse. Sad and alone after her parents left, she was given a choice of leaving the planet with them or living in her tribe, with her problems and weaknesses. She did not leave. Her parents could not take care of her forever and that was clear. She was not strong, she was tiny for her age and specially fragile (as a cherry petal). Wandering around the lakes of a nerby ruin, she found that a small hut had green fireflies flying around the ceiling. Curious, she spied above the window, as an old lady who resembled a tree (as in the description I imagine the Urk'hul people are Florans who instead of leaves are more characterised by wood as skin.) jumped at her. She tried to run away but couldn't move or talk. The old lady was curious as to her reaction. Florans are never that coward. "Well well well... you don't look like the others". Cherrie's eyes started to flood in tears, she was scared. After being released, the old lady demanded her to explain a few things, which lead Cherry into telling her her story. The old lady said she could help, but Cherry would need to complete a few assignments and then study and practice. She chopped down a tree of the ancient valley for her death fruit. Dived into the depths of the Red ocean for the dry blood of the Betrayed King and as her final assignment, entered into a coma state bathed in the death fruit juice mixed with the dry blood and a pitch of her own tears for three seasons. Florans are not spirit guided creatures, but now the world was different to her. She could see other people's auras. Understand them. And with that, she learned the arts of voodoo by using either something really personal of the target (for protections and blessings) or a piece of nails, hair, skin (for curses). She learned to remain calm, and since then, never shed a tear. The old lady vanished into the ruins, but Cherry knows she's around whenever she sees green fireflies.

BEN
    Yeah. They call him BEN. No one really knows where he came from. That diving suit was probably built hundreds of years ago. His skin is rotten and his body shows weakness and exaustion... but at the same time... he just never seems to stop. It is yet unknown what happened to him. If he lost something of great importance in the depths of the ocean dungeons. No one knows. Sometimes adventurers see him as a warning for themselves. "Learn to let go of things..." they say. Few actually saw him. Most have only heard a loud metalic muffled scream while in the depths of the water dungeons. He's a scary figure, but he's never harmed anyone. Of course, no one ever got really close to him. If you stumble uppon a path of destroyed terrain, be sure he's been there... and if that happens... just turn around and go home... BEN is a sign you just came way too deep maybe for way too long to find your way back.

4. Wow! Andre Kent, your artwork is amazing! It's just amazing.

5. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

It's Nautilus!

Andre Kent and GunmanRex like this.
  6. Damuranashi

Damuranashi Existential Complex

... I have to re-create my sprite...

7. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

Well I updated my request to make it......acceptable.

8. I also updated mine, but I dont know if its acceptable

Ravenous Space Rat likes this.
  9. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Methinkz Andre will start charging per request :rofl:

GunmanRex likes this.
  10. TrinityMoon

TrinityMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is beautiful char/art you made. This was a real treat to look at keep up the amazing work can't wait to see more. I enjoy taking a look at what you do when i come home from work everyday.

Andre Kent and GunmanRex like this.
  11. Maybe I should! >:D JK, I started this on my own~ I don't want money involved.

12. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

:D
    You be good, Mon.

13. um, that wouldn't be a request then, it would be a commision...

14. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Stop poking holes into my thought process! :rofl:

15. what evs :p :rofl:

WhyMustMyNameBeTaken likes this.
  16. Vladimir 3.22

Vladimir 3.22 Zero Gravity Genie

i would stop crazyon eats people and i still need to find my arm.:cry:

GunmanRex likes this.
  17. oh, I know that, we worked together at Genericorp for a while...I hope he wouldn't eat me atleast

18. Vladimir 3.22

Vladimir 3.22 Zero Gravity Genie

I petty all the co workers :(.

19. These are pretty amazing!
    I'd request one, but I'd be breaking the rules by requesting a drawing of myself, hahaha.

20. Biscuit Sawce

Biscuit Sawce Pangalactic Porcupine

Woah keep up the good work!