Digital My Starbound Characters! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Andre Kent, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Hopefully I'm here for the next livestream :/

2. Vladimir 3.22

Vladimir 3.22 Zero Gravity Genie

Yes keep checking and soon so soon it will happen HA HA HA HA.X3

3. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

Is your phone HAL 9000?

Star and Moon likes this.
  4. Guys! I'm gonna make a couple of personal characters before carrying on with the requests :D Just so you all know~

5. Honestly, yes, it probably is. It seems to have a marked contempt for humanity (or me at least)

6. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

What races?

7. Roxie Stables

All of them :rainbow:

A Vagrant and zooey like this.
  8. A Ghost and a Robot Zombie. I think you guys are gonna dig it.

9. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

A flesh eating robot? Hell yeah!

10. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

Aw yiss, robot zombie.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Me Ghosta

12. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

A robot zombie? Isn't that the one we saw you starting at the beginning of the Live stream?

13. Naw man :eek: that's personal work~
    The Robot Zombie is a character I have out of the Starbound comunity that matches (ALOT) the starbound universe, so I asked Zooey to make me a sprite of him (wich turned out FREAKING awesome~) and now I'm going to make him a card <3

zooey likes this.
  14. JoanX

JoanX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, i'm a n00b at pixel art (First one ever), and first post on the forum, but hell, i got inspired with the previous ones!

[​IMG]

Hanzo
    The Space Samurai

Hanzo was an Edo era Samurai, well known between his comrades for his honor, loyalty and his swift and deadly sword skill. One day he was in the battlefield trying to achieve peace for his country, and in the distant future, an Apex scientist was trying to achieve time travel, but something failed drastically and they switch places. Hanzo arrived in the year XXXX (Whatever year Starbound take place lololo) with nothing but his sword. Now he roams across the galaxy with an Apex stolen spaceship, using the ship's computer as his mentor Hanzo tries to fit in this weird new universe, but drowning the loss of his home with alcohol. as for the Apex scientist, well, he landed in the middle of a warzone unarmed... you can imagine the rest :rofl:

+ Samurai with several deadly sword fighting styles
    - Drinks every bottle he can find

Hope you like it, hope this dont suck :rofl:

15. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

Don't say that, I'm sad now. I made 4 attempts at making myself a Character Sprite but fail tremendously.

16. Roxie Stables

Didn't have a sprites when I made my request since it wasn't a rule, but Zooey surprised me by giving me some sprites that you can use ;3

[​IMG]

Redheat likes this.
  17. JoanX

JoanX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, i meant "First one FINISHED ever" come on RedDire! you can do it! :D

18. Insight on my characters.

As I shared with Ghostar I thought it would be cool to post it here in case anyone ever wondered what's the story behind some of my chars :D

Cherry
    As mentioned in the description, Cherry was never well accepted by her tribe. having a brown-ish skin made her coleagues bully her by resembling an ebony female. Since she was a child her agressive nature was put aside by repression. Sometimes she would want to fight, but someone bigger would just shut her down. Everytime she got mad, things got worse. Sad and alone after her parents left, she was given a choice of leaving the planet with them or living in her tribe, with her problems and weaknesses. She did not leave. Her parents could not take care of her forever and that was clear. She was not strong, she was tiny for her age and specially fragile (as a cherry petal). Wandering around the lakes of a nerby ruin, she found that a small hut had green fireflies flying around the ceiling. Curious, she spied above the window, as an old lady who resembled a tree (as in the description I imagine the Urk'hul people are Florans who instead of leaves are more characterised by wood as skin.) jumped at her. She tried to run away but couldn't move or talk. The old lady was curious as to her reaction. Florans are never that coward. "Well well well... you don't look like the others". Cherrie's eyes started to flood in tears, she was scared. After being released, the old lady demanded her to explain a few things, which lead Cherry into telling her her story. The old lady said she could help, but Cherry would need to complete a few assignments and then study and practice. She chopped down a tree of the ancient valley for her death fruit. Dived into the depths of the Red ocean for the dry blood of the Betrayed King and as her final assignment, entered into a coma state bathed in the death fruit juice mixed with the dry blood and a pitch of her own tears for three seasons. Florans are not spirit guided creatures, but now the world was different to her. She could see other people's auras. Understand them. And with that, she learned the arts of voodoo by using either something really personal of the target (for protections and blessings) or a piece of nails, hair, skin (for curses). She learned to remain calm, and since then, never shed a tear. The old lady vanished into the ruins, but Cherry knows she's around whenever she sees green fireflies.

BEN
    Yeah. They call him BEN. No one really knows where he came from. That diving suit was probably built hundreds of years ago. His skin is rotten and his body shows weakness and exaustion... but at the same time... he just never seems to stop. It is yet unknown what happened to him. If he lost something of great importance in the depths of the ocean dungeons. No one knows. Sometimes adventurers see him as a warning for themselves. "Learn to let go of things..." they say. Few actually saw him. Most have only heard a loud metalic muffled scream while in the depths of the water dungeons. He's a scary figure, but he's never harmed anyone. Of course, no one ever got really close to him. If you stumble uppon a path of destroyed terrain, be sure he's been there... and if that happens... just turn around and go home... BEN is a sign you just came way too deep maybe for way too long to find your way back.

Solum, Roxie Stables, Ghostar and 5 others like this.
  19. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Cherry is still my favorite. :U