List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Lazor Llama

Lazor Llama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dat lamp robot

Eight and Breather like this.
  2. Ziarc

Ziarc Void-Bound Voyager

I lol'd

3. Sirnak

Sirnak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Megaman... Megaman? Mega - man? MEGAMAN! MEGAAAAAAMAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!! MMMMMMMEEEEEEEGGGGGAAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Loving this teleportation method! Gives me hope to see a weapon based on the Megabuster, which is my ultimate weapon hope for Starbound! Still, this awesome teleportation still brings the centuries old question...

[​IMG]

Cirom, Eight and FixelPixel like this.
  4. FixelPixel

FixelPixel Pangalactic Porcupine

is Space Spelunler a good badge or reward?

Yess, Bart, answer it!:)

5. Przemek32767

Przemek32767 Phantasmal Quasar

It's a title based on your post count.
    Simply awesome. I couldn't stop myself from watching the video several times, even though it's a work in progress. :)

6. FixelPixel

FixelPixel Pangalactic Porcupine

Thx man, and i am not new, 128 passed until i signed up -____-

7. Mobon1

Mobon1 Orbital Explorer

But Starbound doesn't have levels, it has planets.

Cirom likes this.
  8. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

YES. YES. OH MY GOD YES.

9. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

its like mega man style from old version style, (not very very old where Falcoid system (Falcoid old japan Nintendo version))

10. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

the resemblance is uncanny.
    seriously though, now that you've pointed it out I can't unsee it.

11. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

meh, u should wait for couple weeks or 2-3 days then u won't see it probably.

12. The Enlightened Grue

you do realize that sprite looks suspiciously like ProtoMan from the Megaman series, right?
    at least, before you expand the video to full-screen :p

13. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

It's not the final animation, simply the concept and a crude, done-in-three-minutes substitute for whats actually planned. If you read his tweet, or I'm fairly sure its in the description as well, he said there were a lot of things in this video that were stand-in's or not finished/implemented yet.

14. The Enlightened Grue

you have failed to topple any of my logic towers.
    as this game hasn't even reached the state where the developers are able to say "we have a private invitation beta going on", I was already well aware of the fact that nothing yet has been set in stone.
    ... in conclusion -- what's your point?

15. Adurna

Adurna Big Damn Hero

that the fact it looks like megaman is most likely not going to last, and in fact has most likely already been redone. Why assume I'm trying to argue with you? I'm simply stating for anyone who didn't go to the actual page, and simply watched the embed, that almost none of those graphics are the final thing. But really, there is plenty of the game that is set in stone. New information must be taken with a grain of salt, something like "hey we're thinking about putting wings in the game", but I know nobody here has any doubt that there will be avians, humans, apex, and creepyplantwhatevers in the game. But I digress. The point is, I was only trying to insert a little extra information into the conversation, since Tiy made a point of it in both his tweet and the video description, and then the video is imbedded here, with no tweet text or video description. If tiy thought it was important, I figured I'd pass it along.

16. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

That is a neat animation. I was envisioned landing on planets done by the shuttle itself or in a pod or lander vehicle.

17. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

actually, while Tiy said nothing was definitive, Rho (she made the animation) said that the megaman vibe was the criteria given to her for this animation. (thats the exact word she used)
    So while things might change a little, enlightened grue's megaman feeling is on-par and there to stay (may i add that Rho was very happy to have nailed it this well after so many people said it looked a lot like megaman)

checkmate !
    also grue, i agree, this screams of megaman (its intended) and i find it very cool. i even suggested to Rho that the landing position could depend on the character'S personality too :p

18. Intermission

Intermission Void-Bound Voyager

Done in three minutes? Do you have any idea how pixelart, much less animations like this, work? I bet Rho worked for hours on that. You could say a lot about that animation, but crude is one of the last words I would ever expect.

The Enlightened Grue and xboy777 like this.
  19. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

Hey man, it's ok. Nobody outside of animation understands what a royal pain in the ass it is! (coming from somebody who does 3D animation on the side)

20. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

while its true that nobody can imagine if they havent done it themselve, the point is moot. the creator herself of this animation mentionned that the general impression people got of this animation (the megaman feeling) is the one she was asked for and tried to do (with great success).
    Any fan of the megaman series will tell you that even in its current states, the animation is damn close already from what we see in megaman and thats why i strongly believe that what Tiy mentionned as "not definitive" are probably minor details and improvement that will be done to the animation we saw.

after all, were talking about a full lenght, quite detailed and polished animation that they felt comfortable showing us. think about this relatively to how much info we've been shown up to now and id say that if that showed us that, its probably very close to its final rendition.

p.s.: bombzero, nothing agaisnt you here even tho my writing style might mislead to such conclusion, its mostly aimed at the (far too) netagive and skeptical people ive seen on this thread up to now (im not looking at anyone in particular. noooope, nobody >.>)

Bombzero likes this.