List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. shcfyd

shcfyd Subatomic Cosmonaut

Iunno if it detracts from the game, by that time you would have some kinda automated production and a surplus of food. And i think that kinda thing allows for breaks in the combat and exploration. Kinda like returning to your ship to rest, process materials and store items, and eat!~ Rather than constantly jumping from planet to planet, fight to fight. I think it would add to the action-adventure by giving construction a more necessary role that could promote that aspect of gameplay. Kinda like so people actually want to invest in a neat looking base rather than a utilitarian box. I mean this isn't a purely fighting game right?

But seeing as the game isn't out yet, speculation is, and thus anything i say, is worthless! :laugh: Also since the devs already decided farming won't be ingame, im not going to try and convince otherwise ~:rofl:
    Hows health being handled anyway? Medkits? Potions? Latent regeneration?

Mary674 likes this.
  2. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

There are syringes that basically act as health potions.

3. Azazel

Azazel Void-Bound Voyager

I'm certainly impressed, blue. All the effort to get the information.

4. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

he actually quitted for personal reason a while ago. i think he chose someone to update the thread for him

edit : not that i want to diminish the good job he did before he left

5. Azazel

Same thing, kinda :p

6. Phyrex

each time i see your name, i always read it arakiel, an AI in a sci-fi universe that tried to kill the novel's hero

7. Azazel

Awww its fine :) Its ay-zay-cell

8. Phyrex

nah, i got the pronounciation right, i mean that at a glance, i never see the right word. my mind's playing c*** game with my eyes x_x

9. Azazel

Oh, okay :rofl:

10. shcfyd

some kind of super regeneration stimpak? but i don't like needles~ :eek: and we'll look like heroin addicts afterwards-
    *dies from blood loss*

11. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

Well syringes make more sense to me then a potion where you barely digested it you get healed out of the sudden i get your point but syringes make more sense

12. Frag Sandwich

Frag Sandwich Zero Gravity Genie

You could get health from pills. Either orally or... Well... You know.

13. shcfyd

:V whats wrong with a good old fashion box a bandages

14. Shooting Star

there you have it OLD starbound is about the FUTURE!

(but bandages are cooler I got to admit xD)

And frag using these pills need to give you a debuff your unable to relax and sit >:D

(I'm evil I know)

15. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

or give you a really bad debuff if you use multiple pills in a short period of time

16. Shooting Star

wooh I like your way of thinking my friend :D

17. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

besides reducing the effectiveness for each consecutive use

like, a pill/syringe that heals 100hp, on the second use it only heals 80, on the third 64, on the forth 52, and then give you a debuff that prevents you from walking or jumping or any other possible debuff

the debuff could be random or be determined by the type of usable you use or the materials you used to produce the usable

fruits and natural food/medicine might not have a debuff or if they do, a really weak one compared to the chemical ones

18. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

Or you could just have it heal over time instead of instant health.

Bombzero likes this.
  19. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

just suggestions, everything have to be considered, one or another will make it to the game

20. Phyrex

id like some sort of coffee pills that make you really fast but when youre idle or aiming, everything is really jittery.
    its probably funnier if you can picture it my way but the way id see the character bouncing and shaking around is just hilarious

Woodbin likes this.