1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Jan goal missed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ellary, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Adhering to UTC doesn't prevent you from running into conversion issues when going between local day boundaries and UTC day boundaries...

And for the record, $0.25 per impervium bar is a ripoff. I'll sell them to you for $0.20 if you buy in bulk!

Jonesy likes this.
  2. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

If you can somehow comprehend UTC but still have problems translating to local times, well, you're doing it wrong.
    (also: definitely don't go into aviation and meteorology)

3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

As of yesterday the word from @metadept is that they are on schedule to move to stable by January.

Darklight likes this.
  4. Nope, we haven't missed the January goal! Still quite a few days left in January. :)

Zouleena, Jonesy, RavenX and 8 others like this.
  5. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Is it a straight port of the December update to stable?, or are you adding some of the nightly things since added? Crystal Boss / Keybind GUI?

6. _Q_

_Q_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5 days, unless you are willing to work during weekends.

Pingeh likes this.
  7. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I think it's mostly a port, with tiny new bits and pieces thrown in as to not add to the unstable-ness (hopefully which includes the optimizations they talked about)
    You must not be familiar with Chucklefish. They often work on weekends, and if I remember correctly, released the unstable update on the weekend last time.

Jonesy and RavenX like this.
  8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

which is something at least a few of them have already been doing occasionally.

9. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

So what you're saying is it'll be out by smarch?

DarthTrethon likes this.
  10. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Knock it off =_=

11. Milan Mree

Milan Mree Ketchup Robot

Too bad they're all just call of duty clones and MOBAs though. Course you could check and see if starbound is finished in that time.

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Omni is at the office right now livestreaming his work. On a saturday. Maybe you can tone down the sarcasm a smidge

DarthTrethon likes this.
  13. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

What I'm saying is, the OP's calendar probably looks like this.

14. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder if it's a straight port, does that mean we could use our "Unstable" saved games and manually save them and then drop them in the "Stable" saved game folder after the patch hits and keep on going? If I heard that for sure I'd keep going with the Unstable character I started yesterday. Manually moving a save file is NP at all if it means keeping my gear.

15. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

On the other hand, Tiy was asking for nightly build feedback while saying the stable update is coming very soon. What I'm trying to say is - I have no idea about anything.

RavenX likes this.
  16. RavenX

RavenX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

LoL Still good to know.

Jbeetle likes this.
  17. Milan Mree

Milan Mree Ketchup Robot

I remember a time when poking fun at people was ok. Perhaps you could tone down the care bear instead :rofl:. They don't need your protection.

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  18. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

They don't need your sarcasm either.

19. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

... 6 more days people, Jeez stop being so pessimistic!

20. Helena Vinelash

Helena Vinelash Big Damn Hero

The way the Nightly/Unstable seems to be shaping up, we'll be seeing it near the actual end of January, and if not then, then you can bet your ass they'll do their best to finish up for early February.

What they've likely left to do, is literally just bug fixing and tweaks, pretty much it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.