1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Jan goal missed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ellary, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Nothing wrong with unstable, at all. I hear that even the nightly is "reasonable" stable, and there seems to be pretty good support for any issues with it in these forums.

For me, I've got other games to play in the meantime, and not a lot of free time, so I'm putting out "stable update" as a barrier for my re-entry into Starbound. It's kinda arbitrary, but hey, gotta decide when to play what games somehow, right?

RavenX, Tamorr and yclatious like this.
  2. Kita

Kita Void-Bound Voyager

Its mostly that the stable update is the point of no return. Save files supposedly will not transfer to it, so people are torn between playing now and losing everything, or waiting an undetermined amount of time and starting from scratch

RavenX likes this.
  3. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

January is a MONTH not a DAY... *facepalm*

4. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

The problem CF has with deadlines is they started making a game that they were completely unprepared to make. Granted they do have capable programmers, artists, etc at this point. But expecting them to get stuff to an exact deadline is a little unrealistic. Although their last deadline was perfectly lined up with when they got the update out. (Unstable coming out a week after announcement n all) So I think we should all just hope that they get the stable out this month, if not at least early next month. They are getting their act together. :)

This is/going to be a big game, guys, and they have a very small team. Lets not forget that AAA Devs with a full 100 or so people teams don't make deadlines hardly ever and when they do make deadlines their product is totally glitchy and hardly working because of pressure to get it out as soon as possible. CF are performing herculean feats by getting any updates out at all, and with the updates so far apart (except for nightly, of course), it's easier to expect a quality product. Which they are slowly but surely providing.

Hadies237 and Litagano Motscoud like this.
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Nobody said it was... :wut:

The | Suit and Khuur like this.
  6. Codester87

Codester87 Aquatic Astronaut

Mmmmm.... The trailer specifically says releasing this January, devs stated they promised for January a few weeks before trailer came out. It's Jan. 21st now, still no (stable to be released (insert date). Seems chuckle fish Shit the bed, again. Big surprise. So busy adding in features like sail boats and changing the font and other stuff literally no one gives a Shit about right now instead of putting all dedication in simply getting the core game out, all the fluff can be added in later. Bring in the Salt boys.

7. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

There's more than a week left. They never said when in January. and according to Tiy's tweets they ARE still on course. Take your sarcasm elsewhere

Zouleena, Haedes and Animaster78900 like this.
  8. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Umm....you do realize there are 10 days left in January, right? That's a whole 1/3rd of the month.....they didn't say it's release in the first 10 or 20 or even 30 days of January.....they said it'd release before january ends, that can well be January 31st and the promise would still be fully kept. So....what does "here we are" mean? Last I checked January isn't over.[DOUBLEPOST=1421864121][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well I'd argue that the OP said something along the lines of "You promised January and now that promise is clearly broken!!" which makes no sense unless you infer the OP must have meant to say that whatever month we're in now is clearly not-January.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  9. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

My gut is telling me this thread is going to burst into flames at any moment.

One, we got someone that makes a post (OP) saying the promise was not fulfilled in January (even though there was no promise even made, like others have said) when it is still January. Then we got some other lunatic just shit posting about how they didn't meet the promise either (which btw, he's only made one post which was just a few post back on this thread).

10. Jonesy

Perhaps he thought it would out by January, or at the very start. But yes, it's far too early to be saying the goal has been missed.

11. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

I'll give them until the 31st.

12. Jonesy

'Twas midnight on the 31st, and that's when the trouble started...

... because we didn't account for time zones.

13. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Man, that's the risk of making one of the best games ever, a delay may cause the apocalypse. :sparta:

Hadies237 and Jonesy like this.
  14. Jonesy

A delay wouldn't do that. Now, the announcement that it was being changed into a F2P / P2W iOS game...

Hadies237, Dwagon, Tamorr and 3 others like this.
  15. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Yea, I've been like that for a year. I just decided to cave and play unstable.

16. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

im going to go with the time zone where (most of them at least) work

they still never said whether it would be January 2015 or 2016 (to lazy to go check, they may have said THIS January)

17. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

To be true, the only reason why I would like the Update to come now, is to watch the germans biggest YOutuber to play it and fail a bit around with the new game mechanics (He is very funny *g*G).
    I`m at the moment myselfe ok with the unstable, but he wants not play it *giggles*
    So I will sure not cry around if it comes not this month, it is only a fun question to me.

18. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

$0.25 per Impervium Bar.

Hadies237 and Jonesy like this.
  19. Jonesy

Unless they're on sale.

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  20. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Says you. My job requires me to adhere to UTC by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.