1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Jan goal missed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ellary, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellary

Ellary Pangalactic Porcupine

I remember reading that they were aiming to release the next update in January.. well here we are. Is there a new goal for when the update hits?

2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

January is not over. >_>

3. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Prove it.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Its January 20'th atm (atleast where i am). 11 days to go until the end of January.

They said it would likely (not a promise) be released in January, they never said early January or January 1th.

The last thing we have heard is "its still on track for release this month".

Quotes of what the dev's have said about the winter updates release date:
    Do note "depending on how that goes".

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  5. Snappyr

Snappyr Big Damn Hero

Did they explicitly say January though? Not really keeping track of what they say anymore. But I suppose Winter Update is expected to be out during winter huh.

Either way, don't be surprised if this also misses the intended date.

6. Quizok

Quizok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, no one should be surprised if they delay this update aswell.

7. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Yes they said January and Tiy posted that they were still on track for release this month. =_+ your pessimism is annoying

Serenity, MrHat and Heartstrings like this.
  8. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

And at least on the Facebook post they made of the blog today, they added that the stable would be here soon.

Serenity likes this.
  9. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

Eh, we'll see.

10. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

hahaha

A little early to point out missed deadlines, no?

11. Snappyr

Snappyr Big Damn Hero

What a fabulous surprise. I don't particularly like your tone either.

We will get along fine.

12. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Oi, everyone, chill.

January aint over yet, but with Chuckles past, Im not too surprised they miss it.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

January has 31 days.

And not, I'm not joining the pessimist club. I'm planning on trying out 2.5 :)

14. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

For me, there's two considerations:

a) They release a stable update in January
    b) The stable update (whenever) is good

If I had to pick, I would pick both. But, if I could only get one of these, I would choose b). I would be slightly disappointed if CF's estimation were to be not reliable, but I would be significantly extremely more disappointed if their hard work and development were not reliable.

So, I would rather that they do good work than worry about promising estimates for when the good work will be done. Here's hoping!

15. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Speaking of b), what's so terrible about the unstable? I know this is anecdotal, but if they just pushed the unstable to stable, I'd be happy with that. (What i mean is that the unstable is very very stable for me)

16. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Im going to have to agree, stuff is stable as all hell, and maybe its just fr me, but it runs quite well for me.

30 min, up to solid 60.

17. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

outposts do drop to 45 for me, but they already mentioned they fixed that.

18. Quizok

Quizok Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think they should really give up trying to estimate a release date for anything. They should just say the game will be done this decade so that everyone can move on with their lives.

19. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I think they pretty much have since they released unstable

20. Full Metal Kirby

Full Metal Kirby Phantasmal Quasar

Can I borrow your time machine OP? I'd like to go borrow some games from 2025 to pass the time with.

Hatsya Souji and DarthTrethon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.