Digital Floran Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Aesthetic-Defile, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Aesthetic-Defile

Aesthetic-Defile Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aesthetic-Defile's Fan Art
    Update 4: Florans Forest
    [​IMG]
    The manga below is fan-art.
    I've been working on a mock-Manga called "What To Expect In Starbound. . .Maybe".
    Originally a fellow forum member was going to color it, but my lineart just wasn't having color applied to it. Not to mention I think it fits being just black and white.
    If you all would like me to do some more comic strips, let me know.
    -THIS IS READ FROM LEFT TO RIGHT-
    A link will be provided at the end of each one so you can see the full resolution image (2000x2000).
    Can someone Please explain to me why one spoiler turned into about six. The first page is the last spoiler. My thread is apparently being controlled by the Florans.
    WHAT TO EXPECT IN STARBOUND. . .MAYBE:
    Episode 1:

[​IMG]
    Note: Like the title of the manga says: "Maybe. . .". The features covered in the manga are subject to change at any time. What is in the game upon release, and what are in the manga can be two different things at this point regarding some aspects. So please do not take the manga as a true demonstration/explanation of what will be in the game.
    Click the appropriate spoilers below to reveal race-specific work. Inter-species work will come eventually.
    Forgive the formatting on this post, as it will probably be horrible in terms of organization.​
    About me:​
    First, let me introduce myself. My name is Byleth. I'm an aspiring artist with a love for manga/anime and horror surrealism. I work with both traditional and digital mediums. My main starting point for being an artist was roughly four years ago. The concept of Starbound has such a immense hold on me, and I'm loving every minute of it. Though I don't think a lot of my work is decent, I still wanted to show Chucklefish some of my appreciation with some fan work. Not to mention I couldn't resist doing fan-work, regardless.​
    FLORAN SPECIFIC ART
    Edit: Realizing it looked flat, I messed around with some ambient lighting and deeper shadows this morning.​

With the coming of the Floran race, I was absolutely thrilled and had to do fan art of 'em. This took me roughly 12 hours of work on and off within the past week, and I had a seriously amazing time working on this. I've not done much work outside of human/distorted human anatomy, let alone anything bearing resemblance to vegetation. So, it was definitely a new experience, but I'm rather content with the end result.

Floran (Front Bust)
    [​IMG]

AQUATIC RACE SPECIFIC ART

Hylotl (Ephexis' idea/request)

I've got to say, for my first piece in SAI, I think it turned out all right. Thank you so much, Ephexis for the idea. Without it, I'd have not had the immediate opportunity to learn how to work with water.xD

[​IMG]

Forgive the blur, it's actually rather sharp. I just can't seem to get the resolution to agree with the forums.

Full view for the 'Hylotl', here: http://aesthetic-defile.deviantart.com/art/Starbound-Aquatic-Race-342511405

For the full view of the Floran Bust (Because the forum resolution blurred it. D:), http://aesthetic-defile.deviantart.com/art/Starbound-Florans-339021831.

I hope you guys enjoy.=D

2. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

This is an amazing piece of work. I think it portrays the Floan perfectly.

3. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

This. Is. Amazing. It captures nature at it's finest, beautiful and stunning yet dangerous.

Aesthetic-Defile likes this.
  4. Aesthetic-Defile

Thank you! I really appreciate that. I've been toying with the idea of doing some mid-scene speed paintings or comic style drawings of some of the Floran.

I'm absolutely thrilled you think so. Thank you!=D (Also did the little pixel-esque backdrop, as a reference to the terrain tile.xD)

5. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

I would support a comic of a floran. Cant to see your future projects

6. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

This is awesome.

7. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Awesome!!

8. Aesthetic-Defile

Sweet! It means quite a bit to have some support.=D Thanks! Started some sketches last night, so we'll see how it goes.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Thank you!=D

9. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

I'm honest... This looks way better than Rhos drawing o_O

10. Aesthetic-Defile

I'm not sure who Rho is, but thank you! I'm sure their art is great, though.

11. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Rho is lead artist of star bound if I remember correctly. She creates the art assets for the game.

12. Oname

Oname Subatomic Cosmonaut

looks great

13. Aesthetic_Defile

Aesthetic_Defile Space Spelunker

Oh. I love her art. She has a very unique style, that's for sure. It fits the game so well for the more conceptual works.

Thank you!=D

14. Aesthetic-Defile

Whoops. I logged on with my first account here, and apparently it was activated. (Had to switch handlers because of the @live issue not receiving the confirmation email)

15. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

Not scary enough to give me nightmares, but still pretty creepy.
    Imagine being right next to this thing in real life.
    :wut:

Rian121 likes this.
  16. Aesthetic-Defile

Thank you!
    . . .If that was facing me in reality, I'd be torn somewhere between politely asking it to hold off my demise for but a moment to change my pants, or running and not turning back.

Sgt. Sprocket likes this.
  17. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All this artwork is missing is some butt rubbing action. :p

18. No, not here too...

Love your art. The Florans are starting to remind me of pumpkins :D

19. Aesthetic-Defile

Baha. You may just regret giving me that drawing idea.

Thank you!=D And I can definitely see that. . .which gives me YET another idea.<_____<

Tojo likes this.
  20. Oname

Oname Subatomic Cosmonaut

just wondering tho, do you have a deviantart or something?