Digital Floran Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Aesthetic-Defile, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

he linked the page to his DA in the topic post..

but anyways, this looks nothing short of amazingly fantastic
    the colors are vibrant and beautiful

i love how vicious the floran looks without being super creepy, the detail is astounding :up:
    it'd be awesome if you plan on making some more of these

2. Aesthetic-Defile

Aesthetic-Defile Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do, indeed! It's http://aesthetic-defile.deviantart.com

Thank you so much.=D And for what it's worth, I do have a few loose sketches for some more fan work that I've been messing with.
    Though, if you have any specific ideas/scenes, I'd be willing to try 'em.

3. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

your very much welcome :)

well ya better get cracking on those sketches aha :cool:

off the top of my head, perhaps a floran hunting it's prey?

or if you can manage it, a mylote or whatever their called(water race) emerging from a river during dusk time(or some time when it's dark out,either would be lovely)
    i think that could be pretty awesome

4. Aesthetic-Defile

I'm somewhat torn between spoiling what I've been working on and showing you a WIP, or just letting you know that "perhaps a floran hunting it's prey" is rather close to the scene of the current fan work. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, EPHEXIS.

And I have been contemplating doing some work for the aquatic race recently. So your idea is definitely going to be a big influence.

5. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

show me the WIP..you know you want to :mindwurm:
    :rofl:

oh have you now good sir? well it's nice to know i played a part in your final product of the aquatic race sketch :geek:

looking forward to both works(and any others as well )

6. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

First time visiting the "Art" part of the forums.
    ANYWAYS, this is absolutely beautiful! The colour scheme and the Floran in general works perfectly with their backstory and all.
    I'm curious, what drawing program have you used?

7. Aesthetic-Defile

But the suspense is sooooo grand right now. And actually, you played more than a big part with the aquatic race fan-work. I started visualizing how beautiful it would be to have one doing exactly as you said, roughly at dusk, and have that vibrant light pouring onto the water droplets of their skin. . .and then promptly jumped onto the sketch. I may upload some WIP's in a few days if I haven't made it to the coloring stage yet. How-ever, if I don't upload any, then I should have a new completed one up within a week from now. But, thank you so much for the idea. I'm already loving how its turning out.

Welcome to the art section of the forums, then!
    Thank you, thank you so much. I'm more than thrilled that you think it fits. I was worried when I first uploaded it that some say; OH MAN, YOU TOTALLY GOT THEIR DETAILS WRONG. TO HELL WITH YOU, AND YOUR ART. GO. GO NOW.

All of my work has been done in Photoshop CS4. Unfortunately after completing the Floran art, the harddrive in my art computer decided it was going to start screaming.
    So right now, I'm working with an older laptop that can barely handle Photoshop, and does a bit better with SAI. I have my reservations regarding both, so I'm doing my sketches in SAI to offset the lag, and doing the final lining/coloring in Photoshop CS3 (Because this computer laughed at me when I tried to install CS4).

Alternal likes this.
  8. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

Ah thank you so much! See I've been stuck with FireAlpaca for awhile now and it just doesn't cut it. I've heard of the Sai Lines/Photoshop colouring combo quite a bit actually, so I'll try to look into getting that stuff.
    Still not over how awesome this drawing is. Ahahah I'm horrible with my tablet right now, but then again now I have some inspiration!

9. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

my suspense meter has already exploded :zombie:

my goodness, the description you typed paints a fantastic picture in my mind right now :idea:
    i can't wait to see the final product!

either way, some WIPs would be nice but aren't mandatory: looking forward to any new works you put up first

and no problem for the idea :up:
    i can't wait to love the final sketch!

10. Aesthetic-Defile

I've never used the Sai/Photoshop combo before, so I really hope I can work with it with this first attempt.xD
    And thank you!=D I doubt you're horrible with your tablet. Anyone with inspiration is no where near horrible in my book. I'd love to see some of your stuff.

I'm glad to hear it. And actually, give me about five minutes and I will have a spoiler up on the front page with a WIP of your idea for the aquatic race in it's very early-rough stage. =D

11. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

time to go check le front page~:coffee:

your early rough stage of a sketch looks more detailed then some finished drawings I've done :rofl:
    you've got some serious talent man, keep up the good work :up:

12. Aesthetic-Defile

Thank you, thank you! I'll keep this thread updated with some WIP's on how it's going. The other one, I want to keep a surprise right now. Mainly because of how close you were with the Floran idea to what I was working on already.xD Though to clarify, the Floran might just be playing the role of the prey in this one, in a. . .round-about kind of way.
    The detail is because I was mid-sketch, and decided to clean it a little and throw on some color to help me get a better idea of how it's going to look. But I do tend to be a bit OCD with detail. . . .(Like in my profile picture. Oh God, the teeth and roots of the teeth. >____>)

13. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

hey do whatever you like with the sketch, i just want to see the final product in all it's gloriousness :notworthy:
    the floran can be the prey, or hunter, or both @_@

i can only imagine the OCD when drawing @_@
    those fine details in the teeth in you avatar must have been a pain in the arse

14. Aesthetic-Defile

"gloriousness" You are far too kind.xD The teeth did take a while, though. That's for sure. Actually, in the original sketch for my avatar, the lower jaw was a bit smaller in length, and closer to the top. And then I was like. . .". . .No. More Teeth. Gotta have more teeth there." And then the Xenomorph-ish creature/tongue hanging out his mouth was a bit annoying to get right.xD
    Currently I'm doing some more refining on the piece you suggested, and I'm slowly working on the background. I should have another WIP soon, if you'd like to see.=D
    Also. 4000 x 3400. WHY DID I MAKE IT SO BIG?

15. fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

Whoaaaaa that Floran one is awesome!

Hallucinogenus and nababoo like this.
  16. Aesthetic-Defile

No, YOU are awesome. The envy. THE ENVY I HAVE.
    But thank you, so much.=D It means quite a bit to have someone of your quality think so.

17. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

oh im jus the right amount of kind ;)

what gave you the inspiration to draw such a piece btw?

oh do post it if you would like, I'd like to see your next "phase" of the drawing, but if you prefer to keep it secret that's ok too ;p

18. Aesthetic-Defile

Nightmares inspired by horror-movie creatures that I've had.

And I've updated the WIP.=D No secret to be kept, especially right now. As I'm trying to do it all in SAI and have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. So it isn't turning out quite right.<_____<

blind sniper likes this.
  19. These are fantastic! Really, nice work.

Aesthetic-Defile likes this.
  20. Aesthetic-Defile

Thank you, Shark! I'm glad you think so. I should have another WIP up tomorrow of the aquatic race. . .or perhaps tonight.<____<
    Seriously, someone give me tips for SAI. I'm lost. o_____o