Customizable Support Bots

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Sarzael, May 4, 2012.

1. Senshiro

Senshiro Void-Bound Voyager

I give up. Too difficult to think of counterarguments when I'm a drunken space traveler who occasionally sees purple ponies with peace signs on their shirts. o_O

2. Blazerer

Blazerer Void-Bound Voyager

I see no problem here...

3. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

They can be maid fem-bots right?

4. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I guess so... :O

BrutorDragon likes this.
  5. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Goood goood...
    mmmm.png

6. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Please, use spoilers. The white beetween black makes my eyes bleed.

BrutorDragon likes this.
  7. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

I don't know why I will need maid bots. Maybe master bots would be more practical.

8. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Maaaaaaaybe. Either ways, a robot house?

9. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

To OP. Maybe a transportation robot that brings you to your home is ok.

10. CarrionCrawler

CarrionCrawler Space Penguin Leader

Sounds really cool. I'm only worried about how it would be balanced, really. They'd either have to be very expensive, or there'd have to be some sort of cap on how many you can have active at any one time.
    Maybe you'd need a Signal Interceptor which marks you so that drones know where you are, and the Interceptor can only receive a certain amount of signals at any one time.

Also, Healer bots could easily be way overpowered. Maybe make five levels of charge for their healing: Micro, Low, Medium, High, and Extreme.
    Drones have an internal power battery and the levels of healing affect its efficiency; Micro would heal the player [very slowly but maintain healing for a long time, whereas Extreme would instantly heal the player of all damage, but only be able to do it twice per battery. For Extreme, you'd need to custom program it to only heal you when you get to critical health, in order to make it at all worth it, while with Micro you could program it to heal you at 95% health and lower, just to keep you topped up.

11. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

You dont seem to unsterstand Healer bots, right?

12. CarrionCrawler

CarrionCrawler Space Penguin Leader

I just remembered that they use items you give them. :V