1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread: 0.30.3.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastuleio, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

Post any bugs here!

I'll update the OP with bugs and their status once we start collecting a lot.

• Clover drops regardless of achievement [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Cremators do not have health bars if not the main boss [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Plasma chain and 'plasma count' error [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Save files would sometimes delete [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Gaining infusion orbs while holding a Bitter Root resulted in damage [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • The Scavenger can despawn like a normal mob [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • If ghosts die during the teleporter event the number of mobs is shown as negative [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Teleporter turns green even when there are monsters and/or bosses are still alive [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Teleporter spawned in cave map where some characters can't reach
    • Ancient Wisp got knocked back onto a platform in the cave on far left
    • The Vagrant still spawns orbs in a cluster while Unstable Watch is activated [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • After unlocking some items and ending the game the items are still locked
    • Sometimes monsters will freeze up and stand still for no apparent reason [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Magma worm grants a stack on the hit list every time it goes off the screen [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Still some issues with sound/music on Windows XP version
    • The Watch description still says 10 seconds while it was changed to 7 [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • While playing coop the Lights Out ability on the bandit refreshes both players CD's [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • The life bars are still extremely long after playing for 2 hours [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • After pressing "try again" and dying right away the Gold in the end screen stays the same
    • On the Magma Chambers the costs of chests on the lava floor are hidden in lava
    • In coop mode player two cannot pause the game [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Prices of the chest on the Beach level are also sometimes hidden behind sand
    • Sometimes previously unlocked items relock after restarting the game/ can RE RE unlock after restarting the game a 2nd time [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Backup Drones sometimes wont attack monsters. also description is 2 seconds off [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Massive leech only grants 6hp per hit when the description says 10hp per [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Movement speed is reduced while having a large number of goat hooves and buying witnesses [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • When playing coop with HAN-D and dead, you still collect drones from the others players kills and can use them [Can't recreate]
    • When teleporting with the invincibility shield you are invincible for a long time after teleporting [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • When a monster gets slowed a lot by the permafrost they actually gain massive move speed [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Prison shackles are not working, confirmed on multiple trials. [FIXED FOR UPDATE]
    • Goat hoof won't unlock after unlocking it multiple times

Rawrquaza likes this.
    • Event Horizon

Event Horizon Big Damn Hero

I got an alert for a Scavenger boss, could not find it, then randomly got the reward for killing it.

• Event Horizon

Cremators that aren't focused as the "selected boss" do not have a health bar over them. All other bosses do.

• Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

Got this error when fighting Wandering Vagrant at Dry Lake.
          for object oExplosion:

In script fire_explosion:
          Error in code at line 33:
          if plasma_count<plasma
          ^
          at position 21: Unknown variable plasma_count

And

if plasma_count<plasma
          ^

for object oExplosion:

if plasma_count<plasma
          ^

It may be a result of a plasma chain triggering because of a Head Stomp.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I apparently got this item during a playthrough without actually completing unlock requirement. Not sure what item it was but I suspect it was the 56-Leaf Clover, since I remember getting that this run and I don't see its silhouette here.
            It won't actually let me open the entry, it's just highlighted as if I got it.
            [​IMG]

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Just gonna +1 the 56 leaf clover dropping without killing the scavenger (though saw him in a stream, AMAZING WORK OMG MOAR). It was from a mini imp shrine, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: HAHA the minute after I typed this, I went back into my game an it dropped a second time from a chest.

• Event Horizon

Code:

for object oChainLightning:

Error in code at line 53:
                       if target[i,0].invincible=0
                                      ^
                at position 21: Unknown variable invincible

While fighting magma worms

• betasword

betasword Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah... I ran into a slight problem. Ended the teleport countdown with -18 enemies left to kill. Obviously wasn't able to progress any further after that. :(

[​IMG]

• Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

The game crashed on my Bandit with the Headstompers. There was an error message, but the game closed a split second after it appeared so I couldn't do anything with it (might want to have the game save a text file with the most recent error message). Also, I found several Clovers before fighting the Scavenger. And I had a couple of times where the game said there were no more enemies to kill to teleport to the next level, but there were still a couple of enemies running around. Killing them did not give me a negative counter.

• Event Horizon

I had the same thing happen to me.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

There are many things wrong with this picture. I don't even know where to start.

The game thinks I've killed all the enemies, when there are clearly enemies remaining (including the boss).

Also, this run was ridiculously hard for normal. I got an orange vagrant on the first level, and I dealt hardly any damage. (That might just be me being bad though)

I also experienced some pretty bad slow downs.

One more thing, occasionally the stun grenade would just start taking affect on all of my attacks and I would be able to pin enemies against a wall. I think it was happening after when I went from suppressive fire directly into double tap. But, it didn't always happen.
                        Where do I start.png

So, I was still on top of the teleporter when the Ancient Wisp spawned, and it's not there. It might help to make sure the teleporter spawns in open areas, or just don't let Ancient Wisps spawn when it's in a confined space.
                        Where is the Wisp.png

You'll never guess where I found the Ancient Wisp.
                        Found the Wisp.png

And then it let me continue to the frozen tundra without killing any of the remaining enemies, and without any problems.

Who needs killing everything.png

I would like to add that I have not had a single error message this entire time.

Game is still in progress gonna keep playing, see what happens.

Edit: So, game ended, died in third level (no surprise there). MASSIVE slow downs, it was hardly playable. And they seemed completely random too. There would be times when there were a ton of enemies on screen and it would be running perfectly, then there would be nothing on screen and I'd be moving at a snail's pace, and vice versa as well. I also noticed that the number in the bottom right (which I thought was FPS) seems to increase and decrease with the game speed, being at 60 at full speed. Maybe this is an error in the auto-adjusting of graphics settings.

I also have this screenshot of a bison in some kind of perpetual stun. I had stunned it with stun grenade (which chained) and then it just stayed there frozen in place.
                        Perpetual Stun.png

• Zadmeir

Zadmeir Star Wrangler

Confirming this bug from the previous patch's bug thread. My commando time-stopped a Vagrant, and when time resumed, the Vagrant moved out of the way and there were a bunch of orbs under it.

Also confirming that some enemies become inactive after being stunned. I had a red Sand Crab that just sat there after being stunned with Concussion Grenade and only started moving again once knocked back or stunned.

Edit: Just ran into a small imp spawner on Dried Lake that was directly beside a 2-high jump at the top right edge of the stage. Imps jumped from the spawner and onto the ledge which was unreachable for a non-miner character without a jetpack. May or may not be desirable.

• Eragnor

Eragnor Big Damn Hero

My game says that I'm unlocking new items, but after I die and go to the item list the item is still locked. Same with the Bandit, i beat the third level, died, went back to the main menu and the bandit was not unlocked.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

You're not in casual, right?

• Eragnor

Eragnor Big Damn Hero

no I'm on normal difficulty - to add to my previous comment, the items that are unlocked aren't showing up in the item log when i get them in the game. Some of them are shown, but not until i get them around 3-5 times first.

• Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can also confirm that in the latest version sometimes enemies are freezing up - they just stand there and take the hits until you jostle them out of position. This is without the new Ice Cube, of course :p

Also, what's up with the RNG? If I open two containers in quick succession I will usually get the same item. This happens even if the items are several seconds apart (under 15 seconds, estimated). I'm assuming the 'RNG' is time based, and I'd like to request that it update/change more frequently. Unless it's just me and I've got it all wrong, of course.

• Joskineide

Joskineide Astral Cartographer

With hitlist, when magma worm is marked and go off screen it grants a aditional stack

• Joskineide

Joskineide Astral Cartographer

Dunno if a bug but bandit granade explode on ghosts

The arrow still points to the ghosts in the teleporter fase

Had 2 happiest masks, with "-64 enemies to kill" even with nothing else it didn't allow me to enter the teleport

Just an error mensage that apeared about 7 times just as I closed it
                                      Sem título.png

if enough ghosts disapear, you can go in the teleporter before actualy killing every enemy

• Machalla666

Machalla666 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still no music and broken sounds effects on WinXP 32bit

• CatrexInTheHat

CatrexInTheHat Starship Captain

When i travel down a rope that goes to the bottom i get stuck in the floor? Couldn't get out and had to close the game.