1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

I dont seem to have the recipe for steel blocks.

2. atomosdaemon

atomosdaemon Big Damn Hero

Dark Lord Derpy, Steel Blocks are made at the Metalwork Station. It is possible to find an Avali settlement in the first system, though it was odd since I found it on a desert planet.

3. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

I know they are supposed to be made at the metalwork station but for some reason The option does not show for me

4. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

Just for a future clarification: .DS_Store are indeed junk index cache Mac files (the dot at the beginning serves as "hidden" attribute, yet the archiver (and CD burning) applications usually do not exclude them, just like thumbs.db in Windows. It annoys me (and not me alone) since I've disabled thumbnail generation in my own OS installation, yet have to clean up every time I'm installing mods done by someone with thumb generation enabled >_< ).

Devani likes this.
  5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Mac adds a file to every single folder labeled ".DS_Store", as well as creating an entirely NEW folder in the base of the .zip file with "Mac_OS" or something as its filename, with an entire file structure that perfectly imitates the actual folder structure of what you /want/.
    Windows does not, AFAIK.[DOUBLEPOST=1427462651][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I forgot about thumbs.db. Even so, there's still no extra /entire folder structure/ after it's cleaned up.[DOUBLEPOST=1427462708][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Steel Blocks, I believe, are unlocked once you've used the Portable Pixel Printer. You can then craft them anywhere, by hand, for pixels.

6. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i miss this mod :(

7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

There's a fan update going on.
    Just check through the last few pages.

MrChow and daveboy2000 like this.
  8. HeroOfFire45

HeroOfFire45 Void-Bound Voyager

I hate to tell you this but the new Upbeat Giraffe updates DELETED Enraged Koala. This mod is officialy unusable. So if you don't update this......you know what will happen.

9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Check the previous page, I'm maintaining a community update for this mod.

10. HeroOfFire45

Can you link it?

11. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

It's literally on the previous page. Just click the "112" under the posts then scroll down.

I made the words big and everything

12. HeroOfFire45

Ohhh, this is where it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1427480234][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Umm, apparently it does not work with the new stable build of Upbeat Giraffe.

13. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Yes it does, I'm using the stable and newest official release of Upbeat Giraffe make sure you are not using nightly.

Make sure you are using a character/race extender mod as well.

MrChow likes this.
  14. HeroOfFire45

How do you see if you are using nightly?

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

You would have to opt directly into nightly. You don't just randomly end up in nightly without opting into it.
    If you did, you just have to opt out of it again, the same way you opted in.

16. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

Update on my issue:
    So I did all sorts of stuff, reinstalled the mod, went back to the previous version, deleted some Shipworld files...

The problem is fixed (ISH) for the most part. I unfortunately skipped up to the Tier8 ship, and no matter what I do I cannot downgrade back to teir1. (No file-messing will fix that, it seems...)
    The lower tier ships seem to still be glitched for me, but Tier8 is fine.. Oh joy.
    I'm not to thrilled about the fact that it was done un-legitly, but at least it's "Fixed"?....

Now I just gotta upgrade it for my brothers... I hope nothing goes wrong for either of us. :/ (Although knowing my luck..... *Sigh* )

17. HeroOfFire45

Ok if that is true then I guess that a new Stable recently came out. OR it is imcompatible with one of my mods.

18. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

What mods do you have? No new stable has come out.

19. riscles

riscles Orbital Explorer

oh
    ok good news it still works at the avali loom but the problem with the actual yarn spinner still remains

20. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Considering any race can get the avali loom for just a handful of pixels, that isn't too much of a problem. Still, I'll look into it.

Edit: I honestly don't see what's going on here. It's not an overwrite problem, because of 2 reasons:
    1. The Avali recipe's filename is fabric2.recipe, while the vanilla's recipe filename is just fabric.recipe
    2. Default recipe filepath is /recipes/spinningwheel/, while Avali recipe filepath is "/recipe/crafting/loom/F Feedstocks/"
    I've already added in Operative's fix for the recipe, let me see if something else is going on.

Edit2: Sorry for the delay, life got in the way
    With the newest update, Fabric is already in the spinning wheel. I don't know what your problem is.

Edit3:

Unofficial Avali update v1.22

Changes:

*Avali crops have been brought into line with default crops, dropping similar amounts of produce and seeds as vanilla plants. (Thanks to ThakyZ)

As always, remember to remove the previous installation before updating!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/Unofficial avali 1.22.zip

Thanks to ThankyZ, we now have a patch for the community update of the Dye Mod, found here:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?attachments/dyestation-zip.119885/

This patch adds the dyeable avali objects to the dye station's whitelist, and as such requires BOTH mods to be installed.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/avali - dyemod.zip

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    theminemanner2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.