1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Print the Avali crafting tables at the 3D Printer and you're good to go.

2. Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

You don't even need to be Avali for them to spawn in the 3D printer, just print them out as any race.

3. Artinnio

Artinnio Guest

Ah... Never mind then

4. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

No it does not require major programming... Don't worry, just download the mod, and go to the 3D printer and print the Avali crafting tables to craft the parts...

5. Artinnio

Artinnio Guest

Wait, how can I just install the mod if it's for the previous version? That's why I thought I could just extract the objects and just use them, instead of all of the mod...

6. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Check previous posts for unofficial updates.

7. Operative

Operative Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had this same exact problem. I seem to have fixed mine by editing the fabric2.recipe file and adding back in the vanilla categories:

Original:
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "plantfibre", "count" : 3 }
      ],
      "output" : { "item" : "fabric", "count" : 1 },
      "groups" : [ "other", "avaliloom", "all"]
    }

Edited:
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "plantfibre", "count" : 3 }
      ],
      "output" : { "item" : "fabric", "count" : 1 },
      "groups" : [ "other", "avaliloom", "all", "spinningwheel", "material"]
    }
    After this change, Fabric showed up without issue.

Devani likes this.
  8. Artinnio

Artinnio Guest

Installed the mod, loaded up my character and went to the 3-D printer, but it doesn't have any new objects from the mod show up... I got the 1.1 community mod, for Giraffe, it's installed in the same place as my other mods...

9. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

You're right, it doesn't show up for other races, hmm.

10. QuasiCon

QuasiCon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With admin mode the items should show up in the 3D printer.

11. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, lit files are all made
    Tier 8's ship "wings" are de-blurified.
    +ship boosters have been added

Waiting for Fevix to remove my "Mac junk files" and replace them with window versions.

12. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Wait, Windows does that too? I've never heard of that.
    TBH I don't really care either way, it's just removing the Mac files deflates the filesize.

ANyways.

Unofficial Avali Update v1.21

Changes:
    * T8 ship wings have been de-blurred (Credit goes to Devani)
    *Fabric recipe edited to allow crafting at both Avali Nanoloom and the vanilla Loom. (Credit goes to Operative)

As always, remove the previous installation before updating.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23659259/Modpacks/Avali/Unofficial avali 1.21.zip

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    daveboy2000 and Versagger like this.
  13. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

LOL? What windows versions? Or did you not mean it by the way you said it (e.i. "It's not what I say it's what I mean...")

14. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

lol, I mean changing the Mac files into Windows, I said "Mac junk files" because that's what Fevix said in the last update(even though I'm sure they are the same xD).

15. Oraiu

Oraiu Cosmic Narwhal

Glad you de-blurred those.. bothering me..
    ..and.. My avitars diffrent suddenly, gasp.

16. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I''m glad I was reminded about those wings, they were just enlarged and I forgot to edit them (from a distance they looked okay, but they were... really bad).

17. f0xh0und696

f0xh0und696 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

in all honesty i'm just glad this mods being updated again, starbound just wasn't the same without the avali roaming around.

18. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

Mkay, so I just downloaded the update, deleted my Shipworld files, but when I got into my game it did this:
    http://postimg.org/image/3ms1tnq95/

I'm wondering: Can I update the mod without losing anything? Also, why is it doing this in the first place?

I will continue to snoop around as I try to fix this...

*Edit*

I looked in my Starbound.log, and it says it can't load the Avali broken hatch file.
    Yet when I make a new character it all works fine....
    I will continue to snoop around. I hope I can get this fixed soon. :/

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  19. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Hey guys I need some help, some of the recipes seem overly difficult, is there any way to get Avali data chits in the first system? guns are underpowered as it is but not being able to upgrade them really sucks, secondly is there any way to craft steel blocks? you need them for various recipes. and finally, laser diodes feel like they should not be needed on low tier cosmetic armor, while fluffwise it makes sense, it just seems like you shouldnt need to have already beat the second boss

20. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Laser diodes are dropped from normal robots I think, like those found in USCM bases, and unless it's been fixed you can 3d print turrets, destroy them, and get diodes occasionally. You can also craft them at the Wiring Station once you get it, though that's much later.
    Steel Blocks can be crafted after getting Steel, of course, (I believe at either the forge of choice or crafting station of choice) but I think can also be 3d printed automatically or perhaps made with the Portable 3d Printer for a sum of pixels. I don't believe chits can be found in the first system due to the lack of cold biomes.

Please remember that the fan update isn't complete and has yet to be balanced for the big changes made in Upbeat Girrafe, so much of this will probably change now that it's harder to get all of these things, though I can't guarentee it as I'm not one of the people working on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.