September 30th - Make it work!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

September 30th - Make it work!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Kittails, beari78, Zael and 10 others like this.
  2. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Floran finally can drink what he pleases

Heartstrings and TheFloranChef like this.
  3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

"If you’re lucky enough to acquire some of the consumable weapons (throwing daggers and axes, for instance), you’ll be rewarded with blueprints that will enable you craft them anytime you want"

this pleases me

Also now i can drink Tentacle Juice =D
    - Rainbow Dash - Sept 30 2014

Harrug and Kawa like this.
  4. bbq1040

bbq1040 Big Damn Hero

Great news :) the problem in many games is the lack of variety in terms of effective weapons. Often we're forced to use one thing or another simply because its the best available. Customization without effective limitations will be the best thing for starbound. Keep up the good work. And as always I cant wait for the big update.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  5. dev-zzo

dev-zzo Starship Captain

Sounds really cool, especially liquids bottling. I wonder if I can bottle and drink lava...

I vote for more drink types in-game!

Uzkniso and Hatsya Souji like this.
  6. 576-Belligerent-Coil

576-Belligerent-Coil Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome to hear that weapons can now debuff enemies like that. The straight DoT debuffs were fun, but a bit repetitive. Also glad that there's more incentive to mess around and explore a biome now, I always like having new toys to play with :p

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

All those little things build up and make for a lot more fun.

I do like seeing more "effects" stuff in there. I think it'd be fun to have some liquids be all-negative benefits, or just do weird stuff like reverse controls or make you auto-jump every few seconds like massive hiccups. Or heal you AND give you hiccups.

Hey, if we can see damage values for the throwable weapons too without having to chuck them at something, that'd be fantastic. I do hope this means a bit of an overhaul as to what stuff is made at the Crafting Tables and which are made at the Metalwork Station, as right now it seems a shade hodgepodge.

Blake81 and janusforbeare like this.
  8. tracymae

tracymae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's been 8month since i got a stable update on steam, is there no new one yet? Because with all these daily post it makes it seems like there should be a stable update! :p i get that finishing the full game is there goal right now but they didn't say since they are having unstable updates thst they were going to stop with the stable ones :/ ..... am i missing something? I feel like i should kept the pirrated game instead of buying it cause i enjoyed the new updates for like the season events! Like is there going to be one for Halloween even... :p though i guess im still glad i did buy the game to support you guys!

9. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Wait, we can no longer eat whiskey flasks to stave off hunger? What's next, are you going to actually make us put liquids inside to consume!?

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?

vanella, Heartstrings, Tamorr and 2 others like this.
  10. tracymae

tracymae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks at version history. .. you guys stopped the unstable updates in April? O.O seriously guys am i missing something. There should be something by now instead of making everyone wait a year till you finish the full game witch i don't even know if there is a release date set for it. (Complaining cause i love the game way to much :p

thunderskull833 likes this.
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Exactly that.

12. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

If we keep whiskey inside the flask for years, will it become even more potent and/or enjoyable when we finally consume it? That would be pretty nice!

13. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Or can we pitch tar water at anyone, and increase their Burn debuff further when I stab them with a Flaming BroPincer spear?

14. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

You wot? You mean ye dun munch yer whiskey? kind of a man ar'ye?

Seriously good work there, though! I very much enjoy using the elements around me to my advantage.

While I'm a bit iffy on the whole instant blueprint with certain items (they should be disassembled and reverse-engineered on a workbench), I get that sometimes it's a better design choice.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Hatsya Souji likes this.
  15. More of this please.
    Maybe even to a higher level where it's necessary to visit some biomes to gather certain supplies.

janusforbeare likes this.
  16. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

I had a carton of milk in my fridge for over a year. It definitely got more potent with time. Enjoyable... not so much.

@Armagon, I'm curious... are you able to ballpark your goal for number of new items (furniture, weapons, etc... basically anything you can take with you) added in the coming update? I'm wondering if we're looking at, say, a 50% increase in the number of unique items, or double the current amount, or what have you.

17. SalmonMax

SalmonMax Title Not Found

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Want some rye?

'Course ya do!

CaptThad and BloodyFingers like this.
  18. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

Finally, we can do a star system wide bar crawl!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  19. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

You know, shopkeeping isn't an valid revenue option, is it?

With all this liquid manipulation and crafting, I feel we should be able to craft beverages and open our own bar...

I would totally become a barkeeper after a lifetime of space adventure...

20. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

hmm...will there be a way to knock flying enemies out of the sky? i,e, lob tar at them which gunks up their wings, sending them crashing to the ground in a fiery explosion?
    or how about some sort of freezing thing, where you freeze them solid, causing them to fall to the ground and shatter?

Hatsya Souji likes this.