1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Survivalist Mod 0.925 Broken Lantern

WILL YOU SURVIVE?

1. antonsenlarsen
    OUTDATED!
    Modder comment:

"People can do what they please with the mods files.
    I don't think I'll ever come back to modding Starbound. The game is heading in a completely different direction then I anticipated. I HATE banana hats and all the 1000 other childish items in the game. I hate the fact that they focus on !"&%#ยค%&! bad wire-systems, unrealistic colorful bases, PETS?!?, etc., instead of actually making the gameplay better, immersive and more "realistic". The fact that you don't have to travel to planets to explore them because UI already tells you everything about the planet is just breathtakingly bad. THEY EVEN REMOVED HUNGER?!?!?

I'm mad.

Whats the point of this game? It's not survival, it's not exploring, it's not PvP, it's just MINDLESS crafting and slaughter of STUPID AI POKEMONS.

Potential gone to waste.

And I wasted 500 hours of modding this crap.

-antonsenlarsen"

First time mod installation
    New character: Required
    Universe wipe: Required
    Removal of other mods: Required

Update from mod versions previous to 0.91
    New character: Recommended
    Universe wipe: Required
    Removal of old version: Required

Bugs, errors, balancing issues or suggestions for the mod? post it in the discussion area :)

Please review if you like the mod! ;D

MOD GUIDE HERE.

[​IMG]
    Current Version: 0.925

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starbrethren Mod Review (v. 0.894) below:)

and... a crazy bird attack!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WILL YOU SURVIVE?

TIRED OF NO CHALLENGE?
    Using this mod, there's no easy way out to tech and progress. This mod is made to improve gameplay, forcing the player to explore all the planets, fight monsters and settle down on planets instead of using the spaceship as a home. + much more.

Yes, it is harder, but definitely manageable.

This mod currently contains:
    - Totally different tiers!
    - Dramatic changes in overall gameplay compared to Vanilla.
    - 5 new monsters
    - 7 new biomes
    - More variety to all biomes
    - New weather effects!
    - Monsters behave very different, some attack you from a distance, some are weaker, some are harder! More destructive and explosive monster skills!
    - Slow progression, much more excitement
    - You begin with no weapons
    - Adds blood
    - Music overhaul, no more annoying combat music fade-ins
    - Forced new ways to tech and progress
    - More than 100 new items and objects!
    - Fuel has to be crafted
    - Armory with 12 new weapons and 2 grenades.
    - Farmable cotton!
    - Ripped clothing, bush clothing, leather clothing and much more!
    - Destroyed spaceship with very limited space
    - Pixels replaced with survival points
    - Less HP
    - Increase in hunger drain (from about 40 mins to about 16 mins)
    - Increase in fall damage (more balanced and natural, be careful of heights)
    - Increase in breath depletion rate with new sound effects and no interface.
    - Death costs 45% of survival points
    - Changes in interface, new designs, layouts.
    - No actual quests. Quests is replaced by the characters needs and thoughts.
    - New story!
    - New sound effects
    - Extended treasurepool with new drops (i.e Very rare drops: Lucky Bone and Unknown Explosive. Other drops: Monster heart, monster tooth, monster skin)
    - Removes the holiday pack
    - Removes the white pods that kept randomly spawning, replaced with piles of skeleton bone.
    - Fixes saplings

INCLUDED MODS:

SKIZOTS INVASIONS (METEOR INVASION) MOD URL: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/invasions.957/

NIRANS COMBAT OVERHAUL MOD URL: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/combat-overhaul.433/

DUNGEONEER DUNGEONS MOD URL: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/dungeoneer-dungeons.718/

Thanks guys ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:

- I recommend not to use other mods with this mod. This mod alters everything from species and quests to biomes.. If you do, it's probably extremely buggy caused by conflicting code..

- If you spawn near a dungeon from the beginning, create a new character.. It's NOT supposed to happen.. and please tell me if it happens!

- People keep asking me if it is possible to repair the ship. The answer is no, but, the storyline leads to repair of the fuel hatch. This means you can travel and progress to new tiers like always, but with a broken ship and less storage space.

TIPS:

First thing you gotta do is get some wood, plants and coal! The debris is a tool you can mine with etc. Use the gapahuk to survive early on and look for skeleton bones and kill monsters to earn survival points. Night temperatures are extremely cold, monsters are better in the night. BE CAREFUL AND GOOD LUCK!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Instructions:
    1. Delete all mods
    2. Backup your entire starbound folder if you don't want to lose anything.
    3. Go to starbound/universe folder, delete all files, together with the files in the starbound/player folder.
    4. Download the mod and put it in starbound/mods folder.

the end result should be empty player and universe folder and mods folder structure like this: starbound/mods/survivalistmod

I recommend deleting the entire mod before installing and updating to a new version of it aswell..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LOOKING FOR MODDERS TO COOPERATIVE WITH TO CONTINUE EXPANDING THIS MOD EVEN MORE.

If you can mod clothes, species, weapons, objects, weather, planets, mobs, dungeons, or anything that can fit into my survival mode pack, give me a call. You will be mentioned in the starbound title screen of the mod of course, and participate in developing a truly amazing mod, hopefully!

Want to donate?
    I've worked on this mod for at least 150 hours now. If you want to donate, you can do so here.

Regards
    antonsenlarsen
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. starkeeper42353
    starkeeper42353
    2/5,
    Version: 0.925 Broken Lantern
    it is a super awesome mod when i look at it but i cant open it when i download it isnt a file
  2. sleepy123
    sleepy123
    5/5,
    See you, space cowboy. It was a great mod.
  3. DungeonRyu
    DungeonRyu
    5/5,
    This mod is amazing. Even worth downgrading the game. The feeling when you value each piece of coal desperately trying to survive is... undescribable.
    I hope the modder will continue his work after the full game is out.
    Thanks for you hard work, mate!
  4. Vertelan
    Vertelan
    5/5,
    I totally agree! my jaw dropped when hunger disappeared from the game... And I too hate the childish hats and what not. I just end up trashing 85% (maybe more) of vanity I find... I don't think I would mind the silly hats as much if they were an extra on top of already established amazing ones. And there are STILL no Hylotl or Human villages... Food was basically rendered 99% useless... I keep hanging on though; hoping they will bring back hunger, and/or polish the farming and survival aspects of the game. I love the potential of this game and I am definitely hooked.
  5. shirowildwolf
    shirowildwolf
    5/5,
    I actually liked this mod so much, I got it in working order again, updated the mods that came with it and even added a few that I personally liked to it such as Avian Feathers, Character Creation Mod (for custom characters), Platinum Override, and the Kemono Race (To test custom races, working and tested). I can also add more custom races if people desire. Just have to tell me which ones you want. It's not hard to add custom races to the mod. It's just time consuming. If anyone would like a try at my update to the mod, the download is below. I will be adding to and updating this when I can, but that link -SHOULD- always bring you to the newest download file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hg7t4rjxust00ym/AADVVVnIrk7BKJ_kaQADR5aZa?dl=0

Please keep in mind, this isn't an official update, nor do I claim credit for the mods, just the work to update them. This game has an awesome modding community and I simply love what they do. Thank you for all the wonderful things you create for us! <3
  6. jerryhotwheelz
    jerryhotwheelz
    5/5,
    i like it
  7. Chibgy
    Chibgy
    5/5,
    When will you submit newer versions of this mod? it looks awesome
    1. antonsenlarsen
      Author's Response
      probably when the full game is out;)
  8. Funtozer
    Funtozer
    1/5,
    As soon as I saw this mod I really liked and I wanted to put, put, and when loading a mistake MonsterException I don't know what to do I hope you will fix it. here's what that error:..:
    caused by MonsterException: Repeat monster type name
    `smallflyingnight`
    MonsterDatabase::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void ()
    _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1}()>
    >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main
      The mod is outdated, it clearly says so in the mods description.
  9. SSpanzer
    SSpanzer
    5/5,
    Could some one just take this mod and update it to furious version? This game really needs to be a bit more challenging!
  10. Kilroyole
    Kilroyole
    5/5,
    Dont works:(