1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Starlogger 2.4.1

A planet logging application

1. Garmik
    Starlogger is an application where you can log your travels, add planets, with their coordinates, description, biome and custom tags.

You can then easily search them by name, description, tags, and filter them by sector.

The application can also automatically add planets to the list by reading your universe folder, simply go to the settings and setup the path to it.
    This can save you some time, when you visit a new planet, that planet will be automatically added, without you having to copy those possibly long coordinates, you can then have the app sort planets by addition time to keep track of last visits, and then edit that planet's description and tags to your liking.

(Sadly, I do not think it's possible to make it automatically set the name or biome to its actual value, the actual files in the universe folder are all in binary format, so without being able to deserialize them, it wouldn't be possible.)

Please report any bugs you find!

Note:
    the file planets.json is where all your planet data is stored, so make sure you keep that safe, and in case you made a new folder when downloading a new version, just move your old planets.json to the new folder.

starlogger6.png starlogger7.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    wittyfilter, Mogeley and KieroAshkore like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Texmar
    Texmar
    5/5,
    Version: 2.4.1
    Love it! Only one thing I noticed but, I might be wrong. "Planets" don't have their own coordinates, "Systems" have there own Coordinates. Rewriting the same numbers over and over again for a plant in the same system.
    Maybe adding a drop-down menu or it opens a different edit window where I can add planets under the system name. does this make any sense? wish I had a Pic to display
  2. Kaerfus
    Kaerfus
    5/5,
    the best program ever for recording planets...
  3. Mogeley
    Mogeley
    3/5,
    This is pretty good. I like the style and it's simplicity. It would be much better if you could find a way to parse the world files to get the Planet name.

I found a way that you may be able to parse the files...
    https://github.com/blixt/py-starbound

Ideally I'd like a logging tool to operate much like twitter. That automatically saves the current planet I am on and functions like many small comments over time that can be viewed together in a single planet log. Since it's not an in-game mod then it may be difficult but you may be able to read the current planet of the player...

The delete doesn't work (as I'd expect). I guess I would like to hide planets I have no information on and only show planets I have provided information for by default.
  4. kaine_wolf
    kaine_wolf
    5/5,
    Been using Planet Scanner until I found this beauty! Easy to understand and use, catagorizing and tagging planets and systems is a breeze now!
  5. peng5629
    peng5629
    5/5,
    does it show wats on the planet or does it just save the planets
  6. EstatorVs
    EstatorVs
    4/5,
    Version: 2.3.5
    Good design and hard to work reverse coding. Фух, а можно я так буду писать?
  7. KiraV
    KiraV
    5/5,
    With the bugfix and the restyle is now truly perfect.

(Also, thanks for implementing my suggestions, and so quickly!)
  8. fkrause
    fkrause
    5/5,
    Nice mod ^^
  9. Gun_Shy
    Gun_Shy
    5/5,
    OH MY GOD! This is something I was going to strongly suggest be put in vanilla Starbound. As far as I'm concerned, it's an absolute necessity. You rule.
  10. dimion123
    dimion123
    5/5,
    Version: 2.3.4
    Works like a charm. Thank you for making it