1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Kokido v0.13

A race of mineral men inspired by the Dogū.

1. Rufia
    Summary
    Inspired by the Japanese Dogū figurines; the Kokido are a race formed of the earth. They draw energy from planets they inhabit, but in order achieve any large scale growth fall back on a process which drains the energy kept within the core of the planet. This allows them to increase their numbers significantly and leads to technological prosperity though is invariably detrimental for the planet they populate. As a result they frequently move from home to home in search of a new planet suitable to colonize.

Currently they use Hyotl items and ships, though I plan to replace these with unique variants in a future update.

Pics
    [​IMG]

Current features
    Six different skin colours, including chalk, obsidian and jade.
    Seven different paint colours.
    Eleven different head molds.
    Custom name generator.
    Custom respawn animation.

Planned features
    Unique clothing and armor.
    Unique weapons.
    Unique Decorative items.
    Codex entries.
    Unique ship.
    Unique dialogue.

Installation
    This mod requires Xander Kau's Simple Extended Character Creation Mod or a similar UI mod such as Kawa's XBawks Mode. Once you've made sure you've got that installed extract the folder named "Kokido" from inside the .zip file into your "starbound/mod" folder.

In order to run this mod in conjunction with other races some files may need to be modified. As of v0.13 this should no longer be the case for the majority of mods.

Should I release an update to this mod (which I'm hoping to, with any luck) delete the previous mod data before extracting the updated one.

Recent Reviews

1. LongusOrdrac
    LongusOrdrac
    5/5,
    Version: v0.13
    I really like this mod, please update and add spawners asap!<3
  2. Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    5/5,
    Version: v0.13
    this is a great mod. Like the look of the race quite a bit, although my only gripe is that the chest on the male race seem a little too busty to be male pectorals rather than the female counterpart, if you know what I mean. It may be because the outline of the chest might be a pixel too wide. Anyway, other than than I think it's well done.
  3. SwordBrother
    SwordBrother
    5/5,
    Version: v0.11
    The fact that no one has taken the time to write a review to this is a crime! I love the idea of this race the look as well, I can't wait to see what you do with this!