1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated High Powered Laser Drill v1.0 (Upbeat Giraffe)

laser drills that can eat through obsidian in less than a second! Comes in multiple sizes.

1. Barril
    Laser Drill v1.0
    for v. Upbeat Giraffe
    Welcome to the future. A future where bricks will just melt away at your touch.

Overview
    This mod provides 2 laser drills for quick mining. They function just like the matter manipulator, except they mine very quickly and at a large area. It uses existing art assets that the game has for an unused item, just applied to a new object.

Laser Drill (Regular)
    The regular sized one is the one you should use on a daily basis. It covers a 5x5 block square, and holding shift does 1x1.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It can be made on any of the top tier tables (Accelerator's, Manipulator's, and Separator's). These are the costs:
    [​IMG]

Laser Drill XL
    The large size drill is for heavy drilling projects. It covers a 10x10 block square, and holding shift does 5x5.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It can be made on any of the top tier tables (Accelerator's, Manipulator's, and Separator's). These are the costs:
    [​IMG]
    Installation
    Simply download the file via the button in the top right, and copy to your giraffe_storage\mods folder.

Changelog
    • v1.0
      • Added the mod

Recent Reviews

1. doom77777
    doom77777
    2/5,
    Version: v1.0 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Seems awesome, but it doesn't even work!
    I pasted it into the mods folder turned the game on and
    checked the mods, it's not there. Probably because its in a .modpak file not a .pak file. And if you rename it to LaserDrill.Pak there is an error screen when you turn the game on and it crashes.
  2. jhession33
    jhession33
    5/5,
    Great tool to have and is this mod going to be in 1.0 starbound version?
  3. iamcoolman223
    iamcoolman223
    3/5,
    it looks cool, says it's working, but i can't find the damn thing! What am i doing wrong? i have all the requirements, a manipulator, but it won't show up in the crafting menu. Help!
  4. T_Man500
    T_Man500
    5/5,
    I can guarantee that this works on Glad Giraffe. I've been using the mod for a long while now and I really love it, I must say. It's much easier than using Starcheat etc. to make a custom matter manipulator. I simply love the mod.
  5. MythixDino
    MythixDino
    5/5,
    Great mod, even this still works for SG.
    Keep up the good work :)
  6. fagfag
    fagfag
    2/5,
    It doesnt come in either a zip file, or a Wrar file.
    1. Barril
      Author's Response
      Is is a single file and isn't very large (<50KB) Why do you want it in a compressed format?
  7. bulinean
    bulinean
    4/5,
    nice
  8. fail1aw
    fail1aw
    5/5,
    Wheeeeha! this big drill gives me the feeling that i finaly found the best tool in the game Thanks ALOT!! :D
  9. Ted
    Ted
    5/5,
    Works very well! Thanks
  10. thomas100025
    thomas100025
    5/5,
    Very very good mod!!