1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Harder Bosses (Discontinued!) 2/21/2014

Do the bosses seem like pushovers? Well, this mod will fix that!

1. Shadow Wolf TJC
    Note: Development for this mod has been discontinued until further notice. In the meantime, others are free to use assets from this mod to create spiritual successors to it.

Do the bosses in Starbound seem too easy to defeat? Want to fight against a boss that actually poses a decent challenge? With this mod, you might have to set up a boss arena to take on these buffed-up bosses. Here's what this mod changes:

Penguin UFO:
    • Base HP increased from 500 to 1000.
    • Now performs multiple slam attacks in a row.
    • Now moves faster, and shoots more rapidly, when performing its pulse cannon barrage.
    • Now spawns more minions.
    • Tanks now have slightly more HP.
    Robot:
    • Base HP increased from 750 to 1000.
    • Now moves twice as fast, and jumps 2.5x as high.
    • Added missile barrage attack (which replaces its flamethrower attack).
    Bone Dragon:
    • Base HP increased from 500 to 1000.
    • Now moves twice as fast.
    • Added dark plasma barrage attack (that can hit even the blind spot underneath the dragon, where dragonbreath cannot hit).
    Jelly King:
    • Base HP increased from 400 to 1000.
    • Smaller jelly base HP increased from 200 to 250.
    • Now jumps 20% higher, and moves 66% faster.
    • Smaller jellies now move 2.5x as fast, and jump 2.5x as high.
    • Now expends jelly more often.
    • Expended jelly now splits into multiple smaller jelly globs on contact, similar to the acid spray attack used by some common monsters.
    • Smaller jellies now have a long-ranged bubblebeam attack.
    Since all of these bosses are harder than usual, I've decided to sharply reduce the crafting requirements of all of the items needed to summon them.

Finally, this mod adds in a vastly-upgraded Penguin UFO boss that can only be summoned with the new invasion beacon. This suped-up Penguin UFO should give players with even endgame tech a challenge, as it easily keeps pace with a player equipped with the Bubble Boost or Dash techs, and quickly teleports out of melee range after using its slam attack.

This new boss requires an Invasion Beacon, which can be crafted from a Distress Beacon (which gives you the recipe), an Impervium Bar, a Solarium Rod, and a few hundred pixels.

Videos:

[​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Enraged Penguin
  2. Hotfix #2
  3. Hotfix

Recent Reviews

1. Maxiplayer
    Maxiplayer
    5/5,
    Version: 2/21/2014
    Although i find out that between some biome has been messed up (or bug), but this still one of the best mod, looking for new update soon. Good job, sir ;)
  2. flamingbacon19
    flamingbacon19
    5/5,
    I like dis ALOT. Very well done 5 starz. But one thing annoys me. That the inactive robot doesn't disappear when the robot is spawned. It doesn't make much sense. PLease fix that.
    1. Shadow Wolf TJC
      Author's Response
      Are you using the most recent version of the mod? I saw that the summoning items weren't disappearing in an earlier video that GullOfDoom made on YouTube, and quickly fixed that bug by removing the summoning items' .LUA files from the mod (so that they'll revert to the default .LUA files found in the game), so I don't see why the inactive robot isn't disappearing when the robot boss is spawning. The most recent version of this mod is no longer supposed to change the summoning items (because they're no longer present), so the problem may be from either an older version of the mod, another mod that changes up the summoning items, or (though I doubt it) the default game's files somehow getting broken.
  3. treepuncher480
    treepuncher480
    5/5,
    wow a great mod now I feel like going back and killing all the bosses again. minor bugs here and the but a GREAT mod
  4. Kallyous
    Kallyous
    5/5,
    There are a few bugs, but the mod is great!!
  5. Tomas Swageroni
    Tomas Swageroni
    5/5,
    This mod is awsome i found a laser gun in the beginning of the game and i sort of one shotted the pinguin boss but now he is much harder :D
  6. Antares_Placido
    Antares_Placido
    5/5,
    A great mod that definitely ramps up the difficulty for the bosses in Vanilla starbound. Some mod weapons again make these bosses easy to beat but the best part about this mod that if you know how to program code you can tweak the boss properties to scale in proportion to the difficulty you want with your other mod weapons.
  7. bunyik
    bunyik
    1/5,
    there is not explanation in howto download
    1. Shadow Wolf TJC
      Author's Response
      <sigh> Just like with any other mod, you open the .zip or .rar file, and place the folder located inside into a folder titled "mods" (which should have a little file inside named "mods_go_here"), located into your Starbound folder. (Where your Starbound folder is located may vary, depending on where Steam was installed. For my PC, for example, it's located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods") If you have trouble figuring that all out, I suggest that you look at this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0YKFT79oBc
  8. jayer31889
    jayer31889
    5/5,
    gonna try this out, yea the vanilla bosses are...well...wusses ^_^, How about implementing MORE bosses?? ;) once the jelly king goes down it's like "ok....that was fun"
  9. That Bearded Dragon
    That Bearded Dragon
    5/5,
    Challenge Accepted!
  10. Zehrok
    Zehrok
    4/5,
    Great mod, sadly this makes all bosses balanced except for the Bone Dragon, who is now completely OP with his two 360-degree flames and dark plasma barrage. Other than that, epic!