1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Harder Bosses (Discontinued!) 2/21/2014

Do the bosses seem like pushovers? Well, this mod will fix that!

1. Enraged Penguin

Shadow Wolf TJC
    This mod has been updated for Enraged Koala, though I'm still uncertain if it'll work properly. I rarely have the time to playtest Starbound nowadays due to college.
  2. Hotfix #2

Shadow Wolf TJC
    ...and indeed, more bugs were found than I had known about. I've just squashed a few more bugs that popped up, due to the recent update, that were preventing the bosses from being summoned. Thanks go to Sos339 for informing me about them.

Hopefully, the mod is now stable, because I have some things that need to be done in real-life, such as homework for college.:love:
  3. Hotfix

Shadow Wolf TJC
    Fixed a syntax error that caused the game to crash at startup. Sorry about that.

Also, I noticed that more things were changed for Furious Koala than I had previously thought. While I did find and fix an unrelated bug that I encountered while working on a fix, more bugs may still be hidden due to the update.
  4. Furious Penguin Update

Shadow Wolf TJC
    This mod has been updated for Furious Koala. With it comes a new codex entry for the Super Penguin UFO, along with a new drop set consisting of various ores. If you encounter any problems with it, let me know, OK?
  5. Hotfix!

Shadow Wolf TJC
    Just fixed a syntax error related to the Super Penguin UFO's new drops. Sorry about that.
  6. Fixed some bugs.

Shadow Wolf TJC
    After looking at GullOfDoom's video of this mod, I realize that I forgot to remove the modified boss-summoning items, which I actually made in order to test these bosses out for myself. :love: To make up for this, I've decided to greatly reduce the amount of crafting materials needed in order to create each of these boss-summoning items.

I've also created a new drop set for the Super Penguin UFO. It SHOULD now drop 20 Impervium Bars, 10 Solarium Rods, 5 Copper, Iron, Silver, and Gold Bars,...
  7. Hopefully, the bosses won't flinch at all now.

Shadow Wolf TJC
    Just added a new boss.config file under the new damage/damageresponses directory that affects how bosses (which now use that new file as their damageConfig value) react to different levels of damage. Hopefully, they'll no longer lose track of their target when taking burn or poison damage, though they'll no longer be affected by knockback as well.