Starbound Development Roundup #1

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 31, 2015.

1. SamuelXproductions

SamuelXproductions Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait no more bullets?

2. Yozora

Yozora Void-Bound Voyager

There are still bullets, just the more common guns only get tracer effects.

3. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

So the more common guns are laser guns?

Or do all guns have "typing"?

Is there any "type" that resembles ballistics?

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Sounds like a lovely run down, and quite detailed with what can be said. I know I will love the teleporters once I find the planet I am looking for to start building an empire out from...

50-50 on the pets part. I do like having them, as they are company; however it is still feel monotonous getting the same species each time. >< Don't like the fact they are race locked, the starter pets that is. I love the ferret, but unfortunately that will never be even a slim chance of having one at the start. I most likely will not be making an apex, as that is one that does not interest me much. *sigh* I would be more liable to make a nova... and that is slim chance...

Regardless it is still nice progress. :) I understand not having a choice in starter pet, but having it racial based makes it pretty much that; even if they are random colors or still within the same species... Oh well, at least we get them...

The | Suit likes this.
  5. edx

edx Void-Bound Voyager

They should let us choice what kind of animal we want, or at least make them tradable, indeed i would like a dog over a cat, but since the dog can be catched i'm gonna throw the cat out of my ship or maybe will be the first food of my dog.

OP: Any ETA????, also they should make a racial lantern stick, or better yet, some LED tech maybe????, anyway here are some ideas:

The apex use the lantern banana.
    The floran use the lantern thorn.
    The avian use the lantern seagull.
    The glitch use the lantern nut.
    The hylotl use the lantern shark.
    The nova use the lantern gas container.

6. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Love the video format!! I also love the fact that pets can form relationships with inanimate objects. How cool is that!

Titanium likes this.
  7. Shamalayah

Shamalayah Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to know if the challenge doors are already in the nightly!

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not in my copy as far as I can tell.

9. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

what about that lightning shotgun
    i cant seem to find its name if it exists its not part of the common/uncommon/rare/legendary branch atlest

same with the assult rifle now that i think about it

10. Yozora

Yozora Void-Bound Voyager

Keep in mind, they were on the build which is apparently going to be the update after the next, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any of this till next update, or maybe halfway through the time between it and the next (For it to get onto nightly in relation to stable time, hope I worded that okay)

11. hoodvisions

hoodvisions Poptop Tamer

You asked for feedback - only point I have is:

• Please add a few lines of text to the video about which feature you're talking next. Pretty much like the weekly Space Engineers Update videos, so I can watch it w/o audio during work ;)

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

the nightly build and the dev build (the one they are useing) is the same one
    then again they coulda make those just before the video came out, so they woulnt be in the nightlys yet intill it auto updates

edit: HOLY FUCK the novakid pet is SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUTE

13. Fishy116

Fishy116 Void-Bound Voyager

I love the direction this game is going. I really wish hunger would be added back in though, and fighting is a little bland without the battle music from pre-upbeat giraffe. Also, having a map like in Terraria would be nice, even if it has to be crafted and explored like in Minecraft.

Darklight likes this.
  14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

One more time: they removed it because they didn't like that particular implementation, and will put it back in some other form for higher difficulties.

15. Fishy116

Fishy116 Void-Bound Voyager

I have heard about this, but I wanted to share my opinion as I really do think it is an important piece. All I can do is hope that it is added sooner than later.

---
    Also have a concern with the new weapon system. I like that the video says we can keep our old weapons and they will still be useful, but will that erase any incentive to craft or find new weapons?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    MrChow likes this.
  16. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Am I the only one that can't hear the video? I've got my sound maxed and can barely just make out that someone is talking..

17. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Remember are there are 2 volumes
    System Volume and Youtube Volume
    Both need to be increased.

18. poster55

poster55 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Brilliant. I love this format. It gives me a nice overview of what new features to look for and how they're intended to work. Thank you for giving this a try, I hope to see more like this.

19. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I wasn't asking for choice. We already somewhat have that, and that was my point at the end. I just don't like it being race locked. was random upon character creation is all I would like to see; which mean at least a chance to get the one I want...

Unsure what to make of the lanterns...

20. BotanicalCode

BotanicalCode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Loved the video. Seeing the teleporters and underground gates in action was a lot more interesting than reading about it and then having to wait for it to download and test it for myself. OK, actually playing the game is still more interesting than watching someone else play, but still, the video was great.

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME. It's really cool how Starbound has a uniform story instead of a lot of separate mysteries going on in the background.