Modding Help Where go Custom ships in Furious Koala ?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Front Row, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Front Row

Front Row Void-Bound Voyager

Title says all...

Where do i put Custom ships in Furious Koala ?

Thx in advance !

2. Bunisher

Bunisher Aquatic Astronaut

What about us others that doesnt know and was looking for an answer here? It would have been nice if you could actually either link us to what you found or just tell us :c

3. M4CViz

M4CViz Star Wrangler

If your using it through a mod it works exactly the same if not ask me :)

4. Bunisher

Well, I downloaded a starship... I guess you can call it mod, which had the dropship.structure file in the .zip.

As of the latest patch, nothing happens if I put said file in the assets > ship folder, most likely since everything was packed into a .PAK file.

What do one do to make it work now? Do you have to actually go through the process of adding the said .structure file to the .PAK?

5. M4CViz

M4CViz Star Wrangler

Link me to the ship and i can turn it into an a mod so you can just drop it in mods and it should work

6. Bunisher

7. M4CViz

M4CViz Star Wrangler

8. Bunisher

All races as there's a friend of mine that wants this ship as well.

But for further reference, if any us (me and my friends), how hard is to make a mod out of a ship mod now after the patch? Is there a guide to read on how to do it? (I just found the Modding FAQ but haven't had time to read through it yet).

9. M4CViz

M4CViz Star Wrangler

Done it's now working and to see how it works just have a look inside the mods file

Attached Files:

Bunisher likes this.
  10. Bunisher

Many a thanks from both me and my friends!

11. Front Row

Front Row Void-Bound Voyager

hey there , you should check this out
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-what-are-they-how-do-they-work.56032/page-3
    there u will find how to unpack and pack the "packed.pak" file. i found the help on page 2(unpack) and page 3 (pack)

if unpacked , all you need to do is to insert the ship where it belongs (like in angry koala) , pack it again , name the file right (packed.pak) copy/paste it in assets and you are ready to go.

hope this helps

cheers

edit: i just saw this : http://community.playstarbound.com/...successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/
    could also help =)

12. Atlante

Atlante Orbital Explorer

13. M4CViz

M4CViz Star Wrangler

14. Pingas

Pingas Intergalactic Tourist

I don't suppose you'd be so kind to port the "Absolution" ship to Furious Koala? The author does not seem to be doing that

15. Ygg

Ygg Aquatic Astronaut

Im currently looking into getting an updated version of the Absolution as well, i'll post the results if i get any ;)

16. Atlante

Atlante Orbital Explorer

17. M4CViz

M4CViz Star Wrangler

The Dl is not working can you send me the file? ill post a tut on how to change the race it is for

18. Ygg

Ygg Aquatic Astronaut

just try a different server, i had the same problems with nexus in the last weeks.
    Thx for your work in advance! =)

19. M4CViz

M4CViz Star Wrangler

Will be done before 8 pm tomorrow English time

20. Atlante

Atlante Orbital Explorer

Here it is:

Attached Files:

Ygg likes this.