1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do after defeating the Ruin?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Daikon Ocelot, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I was wondering what will you guys do after defeating the Ruin, I mean there are so many things to do. For example, exploring the endless space, building a colony or space station, collecting a pet, looting temples and abandoned fortress, and many more. I hope to hear more story from you guys. I will post my story when you guys start posting some of your stories. See you all later!

2. Ryani7e

Ryani7e Tentacle Wrangler

The Ancient Vaults. The guardians at the end are really difficult to beat and I lost 3 times before beating my first one.

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  3. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Well i build. I have gone a little nuts building. I have started a new protectorate, i have built a shipyard. i have built a bunch of little ships for fun. I intend to turn one of the barren worlds into a new home world for humanity. There is also an endless galaxy to explore.
    oh and Mods. I added lots of mods.

4. Daikon Ocelot

I have a hard time beating them too, but I don't die in my first attempt, because I have my brother back me up. Anyway, good story of yours. I didn't know if anyone would respond to this, but thank you for sharing your story. :)

5. Daikon Ocelot

What an interesting story you have, it is a nice story. I also do the same thing you do, finding and building a settlement for the humanity. Anyway, thanks for your story. :)

6. Daikon Ocelot

Like I promise before, I will post my story after you guys have post yours, but I will do it in a list and not in a paragraph (I hope you guys don't mind about it).

So, here's the thing that I will do after defeating the Ruin:
    1. Build a space station for the Evergreen base of operation (Evergreen is the name of the new protectorate that I establish).
    2. Find a new planet to build a new home for the Human.
    3. Collect monster around the universe.
    4. Collect all kind of weapon and arrange it according to their damage.
    5. Collect all of the codex and put it in the library that I will build.
    6. Build a huge library in a frozen planet to store the codex that I already collect.
    7. Build a museum to compete Koichi.
    8. Build an underwater Evergreen base.
    9. Collect all action figures and trophies.
    10. Help people all around the universe, no matter what race they are.

I guess that's all the thing that I will do after defeating the Ruin. See you guys soon!

BPStuart likes this.
  7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Right now I'm enjoying myself with lots of colony building and choosing the best outfit for my character and crew, I like to mix and match, making seemingly unrelated armors look like a unique fashionable outfit.

I WANT to try my hand at modding, though! I don't know where to begin with that cutscene maker the devs showed with the visual novel arcade... but mission scenario ideas and cutscenes are something I want to try so bad.

8. Daikon Ocelot

A nice and interesting story you have there. I also have a similar thing like you, I am still choosing the best outfit for my character and crew. Anyway, good luck at your attempt at modding and thank for sharing. :)

9. YunhoTheStarbounder

YunhoTheStarbounder Aquatic Astronaut

Collect all action figures? It sounds awfully hard...since most of them have a 1/1000 drop rate.

10. Daikon Ocelot

Yes, it is. It is terribly hard.

The Squid likes this.
  11. Exilyth

Exilyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

12. Daikon Ocelot

That is something, I mean I didn't expect anyone would build a holiday resort in that kind of place. It is a crazy things to do. Anyway, it is a great story. Thanks of you for sharing. :)

13. Bri2zy

Bri2zy Void-Bound Voyager

After defeating the Ruin (which happened a while ago), I've been interested in parts of the game I left on the side, being blinded by the need of completing quests. :oops: I don't know when I first dropped an action figure, but since then it almost became an obsession, I have now 4 from classic mobs, 3 from bosses (and one minion), and the 2 penguin bosses. :D
    I had a nice house to begin with, but as I accumulated items, craft stations, and armors, I put less and less efforts in maintaining a tidy house so one of my tasks is to fix this. Part of it is making the neighborhood more lively, I had a hole I used as farm animals spot between my house and my tenants' one and I relocated my animals in a nicer place, to make a museum so I can expose my fossils instead of a ugly hole. :nope: I don't have much of them but I'm aiming at collecting them, same for food dishes (not sure about butterflies and pets though). I also plan on making new houses, inviting more tenants, to have a nice little village. To say everything I'm building a racing circuit on an ocean planet, it requires the sprint tech, the rail hook, it's going to be fun. :)
    To sum it all up:
    - Making myself a better house with a nice neighborhood.
    - Searching for collectibles. (implies farming in Ancient Vault, searching for fossils underground)
    - Building things that seems interesting. ;)

14. Daikon Ocelot

Thanks for sharing! I like your story, friend. :)

Bri2zy likes this.