[WebApp] Stardew Predictor -- Gaze into the future of your farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BTW, is the luck for each day predictable? Or is one of the things based on number of steps?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Luck is not easily predictable as it uses the Game1 RNG which indeed includes number of steps in its seeding.

• dabomb921

dabomb921 Aquatic Astronaut

For Some reason when trying to Use Stardew Valley Predictor and I put my save file in, It says working and I gave it a good 2-3 Hours but It still says working, Does anyone have a fix to this?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

It should finish in a couple seconds at most. Try it with a different save file. If you don't have another save, here's a post I made to another thread with a save file you can download for testing. If it does turn out to be a problem with that specific save file, @MouseyPounds will want to see the file to figure out what it's choking on. You can just .zip it and upload here.

MouseyPounds likes this.
          • ArkenWolf

ArkenWolf Space Hobo

Ran into a bit of a weird issue, the predictor seems to work as intended, but the save file that I'm trying to use is 24 days behind what it should be. Unless the save data isn't being updated in the file correctly (but somehow Stardew reads it fine), I think this would warrant a check. The file is currently at 26 hours and 36 minutes on the 26th of winter in year 1.

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

I'll take a look, but have two preliminary questions: Have you done any multiplayer on this save, and have you used any time-skipping mods at all?

• ArkenWolf

ArkenWolf Space Hobo

Negative and negative.

• MouseyPounds

Everything in your save is consistent with being on Winter 2: (86 days played, day of the month = 2 in two separate locations, and it loads as winter 2 for me in both modded and unmodded version 1.3.36) Are you sure this is your current save file?

• ArkenWolf

ArkenWolf Space Hobo

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

I understand that the save you are loading in game is winter 26, however I want to know if you are sure that the save you uploaded is that one and not a backup. i.e., double-check what you have in %AppData%\StardewValley\Saves\ or ~/.config/StardewValley/Saves/

• ArkenWolf

ArkenWolf Space Hobo

That would be the problem, got it now thanks!

• Elenna101

So I assume CA fixed all the RNG in 1.4 so it's actually random? In any case, the traveling merchant and geode predictions aren't correct anymore. Although for the traveling cart, the furniture and seasonal special predictions still seem to be correct, just the basic items are wrong.

• MouseyPounds

Some things (like mushroom levels) are more random but still predictable. Both cart and geode predictions have worked for me so far in 1.4. Can you send me a copy of your save?

• Elenna101

Does that mean it's still possible to mushroom farm on levels ending in 1? Cool.

I opened a magma geode as geode number 7 and got coal.
                              Cart predictions didn't work for me specifically on spring 14 year 1, I didn't check any other days. The predictor is predicting that it will sell 8 tulips (one set of 5 and three single ones) at various prices. IIRC there was something in the changelog about the cart not selling multiple copies of the same thing at different prices? Maybe that's the problem?

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

Wait, what? in 1.4 each item can only appear in one slot in the cart and the current version of the predictor reflects that. You are running the predictor from https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-predictor/ and not a local copy, right? When you load that page, is the first entry in the changelog "26 Nov 2019 - v3.0 - Support for Stardew Valley 1.4" or something else?

• Elenna101

Oh, it looks like I needed to refresh the page. Oops! I thought it would refresh when I chose a new save file but I guess not. Nevermind :p

Also, I guess that new text answers my question about mushroom farming. CA really, really wanted to kill that strategy, didn't he. :D

• Tyndel

Tyndel Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the fast update, MouseyPounds.
                                    I don't know if this is a quirk of the game or a bug, but for a brand new save it says "Save is from version 1.3". The relevant 1.4 predictions are not shown until you are on day 2.
                                    Same with the checkup app, the new 1.4 stuff only appears on day 2. Although here it says my save is from version 1.41.4 on day 1 and 2.

MouseyPounds likes this.
                                    • MouseyPounds

Thanks for the report. I've changed the version detection to a different method which should now properly identify day one saves.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Serious question, forgive me if it sounds crazy

Are the forageables and artifact spots predictable from the original seed? I rolled a save back three days to replay them again because I wasn't happy with a decision I made, and then the exact same artifacts, clay and forage items came up in the exact same places. This was in the bus stop, which I pass through every day because minecarts. I'm now legit wondering if they are basically guaranteed to appear unless impeded by an item placed by the player

• MouseyPounds

I know the results of an artifact spot are somewhat predictable, but based on the coordinates so not suitable for the long-term forecast that the predictor does. djomp had an app to identify those, but I don't think it has been updated for 1.4 yet. From a quick look, the spawning itself is potentially predictable as it seems to use a seed based only on ID & days played. Again it's a little beyond the predictor though since it somewhat relies on map tile properties and if there is something blocking, as you noted.