1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Voxel Blocks?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MajesticBBQ, Aug 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MajesticBBQ

MajesticBBQ Big Damn Hero

I came back from a while, and naturally I headed to a multiplayer server, one guy gave me some Voxel blocks, and I was wondering how do I convert them back into regular voxels, then to pixels?

This is much appreciated

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

You can use the Pixel Compressor. It can be use to turn voxel in to pixel and vice versa.

[​IMG]
    Pixel Compressor

You can craft it via the Architect's Table. You need 15 gold bars and 15 durasteel bars to craft one.

3. MajesticBBQ

yeah, how do i turn them into pixels, from Voxels, from Voxel BLOCKS.
    sorry don't mean to be mad, i just tried to make my wording as precise originally these aren't regular voxels, they are placeable

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Oh sorry, my mistake. I guess there is nothing you can do with it and I don't think so there is a "Voxel Block" in Starbound. I've already checked the Starbound wiki and there is no such thing. Are you using somekind of mod? Maybe there is a "Voxel Block" in your mod.

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

If you can not sell it, then most likely it is a building block. That sounds like a mod though. Don't remember that one in by default. I do know a mod that adds that as a craftable to build with...

6. MajesticBBQ

I'll try an unmodded version, but i believe i remember it from beta in the pixel compressor
    Edit: guess it was in a mod, tbf they were in a much older version of vanilla before

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

That is because the Voxel used to be called that. Especially in the coding. There was only ever one thing you could get out of the compressor. Then again I do remember something along the lines of 1k 10k voxels. Though that might have been a mod as well. That was in the koala days... So you are not wrong, just that was quite a while ago.:nuruhappy:

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You can't turn the blocks back because there is no recipe for it. And no they aren't vanilla. They're from HBP+. Unlike voxels, the blocks are not intended as a way to store pixels. They're intended to be blocks like any other.

Le'Orange likes this.