Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by LethalShade, Mar 28, 2012.

1. The original poster seems quite disinterested to take any kind of part in it. Perhaps you could ask about it?

2. Necro

Necro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think your edit is a good idea; preventing the skipping of tutorials. However, if you make another character under the same account, you should have the ability to skip.

OH! Maybe you can get rewards for watching/doing the tutorial too? :p A good way to start off.

3. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

Check my earlier posts, I'm slightly sick of repeating myself. Maybe I should get some new points? Eh.

4. Necro

Necro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I apologize, I just read the first page and replied. v:

5. WyattDerp

WyattDerp Space Spelunker

Tutorials should ALWAYS be skipable, unless they are unnoticeable.

6. Eddy Steel

So bad tutorials should be skipable pretty much.

7. WyattDerp

WyattDerp Space Spelunker

No, "press X to do this" tutorials are good, unnoticeable tutorials aren't the only good tutorials. And quit restating that, you've said it like 100 times already.

8. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

Or it could be, instead of asking yes or no, it only asks if you say no when you have done it before. Either way, I have always loved the idea of tutorials because even if you're used to basic computer controls, some controls can be in a slightly weird place and you might get killed by trying to find out which button to push.

9. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Only just found this, I made a topic on my ideas for a tutorial is anyone is interested :) I think a tutorial is probably a good idea if it's executed well. It makes you feel less like you've just been dropped into a game, especially when it comes to sandbox games.

10. Red Death

Red Death Void-Bound Voyager

I remember watching a video done by Extra Credits that talks about tutorials quite well. link is here

While tutorials should be unskippable it is always nice to have an option to toggle them on or off.

Also...is this thread supposed to be closed or something? I though I read somewhere that the developers have chosen on how to deal with tutorials.

11. Eddy Steel

Thank you so much.
    This is the best way to handle tutorials.
    I linked that video 5 million times in this thread, I'm glad there's other people on this forum that like Extra Credits.

12. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

13. Eddy Steel

Oh please, no. We don't need this conversation about tutorials again.

14. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay...

Lock?

15. Eddy Steel

Yes please.

16. Ricky150

Ricky150 Subatomic Cosmonaut

the training should happen in a digital world like the matrix