The Penguin Syndicate: UFO Lounge - Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Vote for the Chucklefish Forums' representative for Mafia Championships

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

60.0%
  2. 611

20.0%
  3. Zebe

20.0%
  4. HunterC1998

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Alkane's TPS/TPG/Mafia Character Database

Player characters can be found in the thread OP under their respective game.

Character: Cuda Berrybane
    Role: Game Host (TPG1)
    Cuda.png Sketch22503019.png Cudaha.png

Character: Cricket
    Role: Game Host (TPG2)
    Sketch295175712.png Sketch30684832.png Sketch1105451.png

Character: Syd Kilgore
    Role: Game Host (TPG3)
    SydK.jpg

Character: Nolla
    Role: Vanilla Town (Southern Oracle)
    [​IMG]

Nolla was doomed. She'd given too little, too late. She fled her home, knowing that once the Young Hero had given up, all was lost. She didn't see him die, though. Or his comrades - the Stallion and the Silent One. For all she knows, they escaped the Red Darkness just as she did and are now wandering, lost. She bitterly regrets not having been the hero she knows she could've been, but also knows that nothing she could have done would've saved her home, in the end.
    She inhabits a mechanical body, one filthy with rust and grime from years of neglect. She wonders why she hadn't foreseen the end coming and prepared accordingly, seeing as she's supposed to be the knowledgeable one. Not that it matters here.
    She knows it's only a matter of time before the Red Darkness, whose faces she saw truly right before they attacked the Young Hero, reach this world. She hardly cares. Her home, her everything, has been destroyed. She's numb from the shock of it all. But once she can think again...
    Maybe... just maybe... she can find new heroes to protect the world she's fled to. If anyone even decides to listen to what appears to be an old derelict that should've been scrapped eons ago. Her voice, though, might make them take a second look. It's as clear and beautiful as it ever was back home. She's constantly muttering to herself, often repeating a phrase over and over again.
    "I couldn't have done anything."
    "What's the point?"
    "Home is dead."
    "I have no purpose anymore."
    "I should've been... more."

Character: Ambassador Erinante (link to profile)
    Role: Vanilla Town
    Erinante.jpg

Character: Cassandra
    Role: Boring Human Avian
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

By newciv1 from deviantArt
    [​IMG]

Character: Jason Karas
    Role: Cultist
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

By @Lonewolf239
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Character: Chase Rodriguez
    Role: USCM Militant
    [​IMG] Sketch16114733.png

Character: Clink Cardsharp
    Role: Glitch Knight
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Character: Lord Serrick
    Role: Occultist-Bot
    [​IMG]

Character: Bricriu
    Role: Alpaca/Agaran
    [​IMG]

Character: Tano
    Role: Noble Hylotl
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Sketch105222327.png

Character: Cuda Berrybane
    Role: Cultist
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

By @Miracle Panda-sama
    [​IMG]
    Cuda Berrybane works for Lord Serrick, an Occultist-Bot who can commune with the dead. He chooses mainly to listen to the ones who want to kill people. The Penguin Syndicate had been responsible for a rash of murders recently, and Lord Serrick was so fed up with their antics that he commissioned Cuda, a skilled infiltrator and assassin, to track a couple of them back to their base. The only problem - the Penguins were also in hiding among the crew and passengers of a small starship. Cuda raced to join the ship before she lost track of it, for neither she nor Serrick knew where it was headed next.
    Unfortunately, the ship never reached its destination, as it was sabotaged (was someone tipped off that Cuda was there?) and crash-landed on a jungle planet. Fortunately, Cuda survived, and so did three of the Penguin passengers, as well as a few innocents. Cuda knew what she had to do, but she was not averse to violence, and loved a challenge - why not turn her situation into a game? The captain's recording gave her the perfect opportunity. "Penguins are among us!" she repeated. "We must find out who they are, and kill them." But instead of helping the civilians find the Penguins right off the bat, she let them kill each other (and even helped!) until the Penguins started killing back. Then Cuda took matters into her own hands. She argued down the Penguins. She refused to take no for an answer. She never gave up her confidence that she would win this game. After all, she had set up the stage for it. And finally, she killed the last Penguin.
    But there was one other person left. A Kluex-worshiping Avian who had lost his comrade to the Penguins. One whom she had denounced and claimed the role of. Cuda grinned at the poor bird, showing all her teeth. The game was over now, and to the victor went the spoils.
    Several days passed, and finally a rescue ship arrived. Cuda was in no danger of starvation, but she gladly accepted the offer to leave. She'd gained some valuable information from the last Penguin, and she couldn't wait to tell Lord Serrick. But then again, she reasoned, he might already know it. The Penguin was dead now, and Serrick was lord of the dead.
    She had no idea of the reception that awaited her on Lord Serrick's starship.

Character: Cassandra
    Role: Dove (Divine)
    Sketch21417050.png
    Your name is Cassandra. You were one of the early victims of the Penguin Syndicate. After failing to discover the scum within your tiny group, you and your friend were finally overrun.

But you didn't die. Not quite.

You prayed to Kluex for help, and He answered you. He sent you a helper by the name of [REDACTED], and he was able to keep you alive.

That is, until the Penguins invaded the very outpost you'd taken refuge at.

They thought you might be one of them. They didn't know. They tried to kill you. But you wouldn't die.

Now they'll listen to you.

Character: Devis

Character: Albolt
    Role: Occultist-Bot
    Sketch214174939.png Sketch214223635.png
    Albolt knew he was going to die, but he didn't know when. Instead of using his powers to commune with the spirits, he used them to connect his soul to someone else's. Now, if he died, his soul would simply move to that person's body.

Except it wasn't that simple. In fact, it almost didn't work, and Albolt was stuck in limbo for an uncomfortably long time. But in the end, the body he found himself in - that of a Hylotl warrior by the name of Devis - was a strong one, strong enough to protect the one person Albolt knew was innocent.

Character: Kenshin Wanobu
    Sketch273202626.png

Character: Corona
    Role: Penguin Investigator

Character: Bolt
    Role: Penguin (Protector)

Character: Serling
    Role: Penguin Illusionist
    Corona, Bolt, and Serling were arrested in a raid, and along with several others, sent to a correctional facility. Unfortunately for the others, these three were part of the Penguin Syndicate, and quickly teamed up to take everyone else down and escape.
    Serling was the orchestrator. Perhaps that wasn't entirely fair, but then, Corona was mostly drunk, and Bolt was busy keeping her from picking fights with everyone else and asking them to kill her.

CoroSer.jpg CoroSerBolt.jpg

Character:
    Role:
    Slily Lily
    Sketch252113857.png

Character: Vic "Ink" Jones (link to profile)
    Role: Penguin (Messenger)
    Ink.png

Character: Faraday (link coming soon)
    Role: coming soon
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes please.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I didn't do that before... well, long story short, the forums got wrecked by a jerk and sadly TPS was part of the collateral damage. Lost the threads for 1-3. Taught me to take notes and record everything.

That's a good idea. Have you done any from the past few games?

Jimlad 42, 611 and Alkanthe like this.
  4. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh what happened?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yup. I'm gonna add all my stuff to my post at the top of page 2, for visibility and ease of access.

Jimlad 42, Zebe and 611 like this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

From what I know/remember, an admin account had it's password cracked by some random internet wannabe, who then started to destroy forum content. Much was recovered, but TPS threads weren't a part of that. >->
    But really it was a good reminder that nothing is really safe anywhere.

Jimlad 42 and 611 like this.
  7. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well uh.

That sucks.

Jimlad 42 and Zebe like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I actually got almost all the pictures I've done (still missing one of Karas due to the limitations of my phone). Woot woot.

9. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whatever you do in life, whatever you become, don't stop being an artist. ;)

Jimlad 42, Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

That actually made me smile. :D Thank you!

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Now that the first game of the Mafia Championship is over, Nolla, the Southern Oracle (Vanilla Town), has revealed herself to us.

[​IMG]

Nolla was doomed. She'd given too little, too late. She fled her home, knowing that once the Young Hero had given up, all was lost. She didn't see him die, though. Or his comrades - the Stallion and the Silent One. For all she knows, they escaped the Red Darkness just as she did and are now wandering, lost. She bitterly regrets not having been the hero she knows she could've been, but also knows that nothing she could have done would've saved her home, in the end.
    She inhabits a mechanical body, one filthy with rust and grime from years of neglect. She wonders why she hadn't foreseen the end coming and prepared accordingly, seeing as she's supposed to be the knowledgeable one. Not that it matters here.
    She knows it's only a matter of time before the Red Darkness, whose faces she saw truly right before they attacked the Young Hero, reach this world. She hardly cares. Her home, her everything, has been destroyed. She's numb from the shock of it all. But once she can think again...
    Maybe... just maybe... she can find new heroes to protect the world she's fled to. If anyone even decides to listen to what appears to be an old derelict that should've been scrapped eons ago. Her voice, though, might make them take a second look. It's as clear and beautiful as it ever was back home. She's constantly muttering to herself, often repeating a phrase over and over again.
    "I couldn't have done anything."
    "What's the point?"
    "Home is dead."
    "I have no purpose anymore."
    "I should've been... more."

12. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Added a Modding Database to the OP. It has all kinds of stuff that is helpful in modding a game. Not that much yet, but there will be more soon. No, I'm not retiring from the GM position yet; it's more of a precaution for now.

13. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I'll definitley read it.

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]

Cuda Berrybane works for Lord Serrick, an Occultist-Bot who can commune with the dead. He chooses mainly to listen to the ones who want to kill people. The Penguin Syndicate had been responsible for a rash of murders recently, and Lord Serrick was so fed up with their antics that he commissioned Cuda, a skilled infiltrator and assassin, to track a couple of them back to their base. The only problem - the Penguins were also in hiding among the crew and passengers of a small starship. Cuda raced to join the ship before she lost track of it, for neither she nor Serrick knew where it was headed next.
    Unfortunately, the ship never reached its destination, as it was sabotaged (was someone tipped off that Cuda was there?) and crash-landed on a jungle planet. Fortunately, Cuda survived, and so did three of the Penguin passengers, as well as a few innocents. Cuda knew what she had to do, but she was not averse to violence, and loved a challenge - why not turn her situation into a game? The recording that survived gave her the perfect opportunity. "Penguins are among us!" she repeated. "We must find out who they are, and kill them." But instead of helping the civilians find the Penguins right off the bat, she let them kill each other (and even helped!) until the Penguins started killing back. Then Cuda took matters into her own hands. She argued down the Penguins. She refused to take no for an answer. She never gave up her confidence that she would win this game. After all, she had set up the stage for it. And finally, she killed the last Penguin.
    But there was one other person left. A Kluex-worshiping Avian who had lost his comrade to the Penguins. One whom she had denounced and claimed the role of. Cuda grinned at the poor bird, showing all her teeth. The game was over now, and to the victor went the spoils.
    Several days passed, and finally a rescue ship arrived. Cuda was in no danger of starvation, but she gladly accepted the offer to leave. She'd gained some valuable information from the last Penguin, and she couldn't wait to tell Lord Serrick. But then again, she reasoned, he might already know it. The Penguin was dead now, and Serrick was lord of the dead.
    She had no idea of the reception that awaited her on Lord Serrick's starship.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

IMG_20160522_201703.jpg
    Just kidding it's only my dinner.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  15. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is that a beer? That totally looks like a beer in that dinner photo.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Lolwhat it's grape soda. (And not even mine.)

17. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you sure? I still think it looks like a beer.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, I didn't taste it, but I hope it's not a beer because that was my little sister's drink and she's 12.

Do you have anything to say about the story, or...?

19. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the story. ;)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Cuda and... you made a story around the game, too? Heh, I'm glad you made it fit the game narration. Just one thing: it was a security officer, not a captain.

Jimlad 42, 611 and Alkanthe like this.