Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry about the lack of response... I've been on a sort of hiatus from the forums as of late. The more detailed, sketchier style of Apex-Varc is very nice- I can very much see the inspiration from your older doodlings! I'll get to work PM'ing you a character shortly.

Alkanthe likes this.
  2. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

I like the style of this one

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Wat? Was my name on the list? I mean I guess I can draw a stick figure if you want me to.
    *RG does not understand the way this event works*
    *RG is N00b*

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sorry for the confusion (again), here is the post where I explain how this event works. If you have any questions, I'd rather take it to PM or Skype at this point.

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

@Miss Alkane event character: Prof Gane

A blue glitch that was built at half his height by his family, who was poor and lacked for parts. his diminutive stature earned him a place on the farm, but often he had to "fix" the too large tools he was given. The carpenter liked him though!

One day, much like other glitch, Gane became sentient. The town was not surprised, if anyone would turn it would be him. His parents blamed themselves, fearing their inability to spend on his chassis affected his programming as well. He "Stole their steed" and took off to join the protectorate. The town called for hunters to bring him in. but none returned alive.

Today Prof Gane is not a soldier on the front lines, but a colony planner, with cooking a hobby during his down time. His favorite food being the stuffed Automato.

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

1000 Post Event - Part 2
    Kess Vinecutter and Azocotl

Kess Vinecutter

[​IMG]
    Kess Vinecutter, a traditional Floran, was raised in a colony very near a spaceport that other races, especially Humans, frequented. The other races tended to be very hostile toward the Florans due to the Florans' own nature as well as what they'd heard about Florans, so Kess saw them, basically, as types of hostile animals. Eventually, a Floran that'd been raised outside found the colony and attempted to teach them what life was really like outside. The part of their teaching that stuck with Kess most was that most of the other races hated and mistrusted Florans, so they might attack them just for being a Floran. The teacher continued attempting to teach the colony in hopes of establishing good relations between it and the spaceport, but Kess was one of the few who thought that that was a terrible idea. However, the colony still moved closer to that goal, eventually (through a series of mishaps) leading to Kess, alone, stuck in a spaceport where they trusted no one and had no idea where to go.
    [Kess Vinecutter now belongs to @Firepaw Da Cat , who may modify, add to, and/or reject any part of the backstory stated above, and/or use the character wherever he pleases.]

Azocotl
    [​IMG]
    Azocotl was never just a simple servant of Kluex. He thought the whole deal was fishy even when he was a kid, and the growing exposure to outside influences, no matter how hard the Sunborn tried to clamp down on that, only seemed to confirm his misgivings. So, when he was old enough, he took a ship out of there. No one should be controlled like that, he reasoned, and so he worked hard to be as free as he could be.
    [Azocotl now belongs to @Jaylor , who may modify, add to, and/or reject any part of the backstory stated above, and/or use the character wherever he pleases.]
    Well, I was kinda going for having character discussion in PM, but sure, that works too. If I have any questions about the character's design or anything, however, I will contact you in a private message.

7. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

ahhh kess looks so cute and sad ;u;

Firepaw Da Cat and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

They're one of my favorites right now, can you tell?X3

rhomboid and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  9. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Kess Vinecutter , I love the character design. GJ on this one, Alkane. [​IMG]

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thank you! Firepaw and I may have worked together on that one, but except for a few suggestions, the design was basically all mine.

Firepaw Da Cat and Crossfang like this.
  11. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

So I still have time for this then right?

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I wish I could join but.. My imagination gears isn't working today. I'll try to join if I can think of something good.

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I'd rather not have any more applicants at this point... But you certainly have made your mark here and with your art... and we do have an odd number of people in there so... all right, if you can think of an idea, I'll let you join. But just so you know, you can ask me for ideas and stuff in PM if you need to.

14. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Oh! this was closed already? I apologize, I didn't know. Thank you for the exemption you've given me!

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

It's fine, I never said it outright.

Crossfang likes this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*completely forgets about the event again*

well here have a human Varc anyways
    [​IMG]
    lol I have a terrible memory lately

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, in honor of the upcoming 8th game of The Penguin Syndicate, I've decided to actually release a handful of drawings and sketches pertaining to past games!

Game 7: Tano, the very ignoble Hylotl. Sassy in the extreme.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Game 6: The infected Alpaca who just wants everything to stop.
    [​IMG]

Game 5: The Occultist-Bot who KNOWS death isn't the end.
    G4vhLb2.jpg

Game 2: Jason Karas (I ain't afraid of him anymore)
    Fun fact: Karas's original design was based almost totally off of Luie Markov, who was my avatar during Game 2. Hence, these early sketches don't look a lot like Karas now... nor do they act like the smooth-talking compulsive liar we know him to be.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. rhomboid

the llama omfg

Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IT'S AN ALPACA

but thanks, I drew it tonight

Zebe likes this.
  20. rhomboid