1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

The Alley: An Original Works and Fandom Art-Log

Discussion in 'Art' started by Alkanthe, Dec 9, 2015.

1. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Hey, I just say My Neighbor Totoro for the first time last week. Neat! I assume that you've noticed the scene in the movie is different from the scene on the box art?

Alkanthe likes this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Actually, I haven't watched it yet. One of my friends helped me come up with the name.

3. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Really? It's a must see, I'll say. Classic Studio Ghibli work.

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I might've started watching it one time. But that was a long time ago, so I don't remember.

5. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Last time I've browsed Netflix i think I saw it, so if you've got Netflix then it's all that more convenient.

If not... eh.

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20160106_200011.jpg
    - Gen Terona and Adiri Satura (names subject to change) from Crescent Lake, Anachronia -
    Gen Terona is a reptilian kind of boy. His eyes are yellow and slitted like those of a cat, or a snake. But you can only ever see one of them, for the other is always covered by his hair. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UNCOVER HIS EYE. DO NOT EVEN STARE HIM IN THE FACE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. If both eyes are uncovered, his stare WILL paralyze you. Possibly even kill you.
    Adiri Satura is a Satyress known for her icy attitude and antisocial tendencies. Well, more than that, for her forest-green fur and hair. Her attitude likely came from being continually looked down upon, for you see, she had no home. I say this in past tense because a certain girl with horns like a jackalope has made it her mission to rescue strange people like Gen and Adiri, and give them a new home. This may be easier said than done, but Gen and Adiri are both grateful for what she's been able to do so far.​

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Arra, DrVoodoo, rhomboid and 2 others like this.
  7. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

That's a really nice minecraft picture [​IMG]
    The Enderman looks great actually

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Alkanthe likes this.
  8. JesusBillyChrist

JesusBillyChrist Phantasmal Quasar

my GOD THE SECOND ONE!!!!
    upload_2016-1-6_22-9-31.png [DOUBLEPOST=1452139694][/DOUBLEPOST]the first one remind me of--oh god that was a disgusting sound the song just made-- dipper from gravy falls
    edit: gravity falls

Alkanthe and Firepaw Da Cat like this.
  9. Firepaw Da Cat

Oh, you drew a satyr? [​IMG]
    I think you should draw stuff like that more often, it's quite interesting [​IMG]

Alkanthe and JesusBillyChrist like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Thank you! I tried..."
    "Yes, Satyrs are a lot like Fauns. Technically, that one was a Satyress, but that's basically just the word for a female Satyr. And thank you! I'm going to draw quite a few more fantastic creatures soon, including a mermaid, a jackalope girl, a rakshasa, a- a... er, a star girl, and a Tsukumogami. Now, allow me to update that post with an explanation of these two... Gen Terona, the basilisk boy, and Adiri Satora, the Satyress."

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20160107_111705.jpg
    - Kanmiru from Crescent Lake, Anachronia -
    Kanmiru began life as a china doll about 100 years ago. She eventually made her way to a house on Juniper Lane, where she achieved self-awareness on her 100th birthday. She was discovered by the house's inhabitants, who caused a stir that reached the nearby town of Crescent Lake. The lady with the horns of a jackalope raced to Juniper Lane and rescued Kanmiru, doing her best to hush things up. However, the news had already reached the ears of a certain disgraced lady of high society...​

Arra, DrVoodoo, rhomboid and 3 others like this.
  12. Firepaw Da Cat

Well I knew it was a girl, I just didn't know to call her a satyress :p

I can't wait to see the other creatures when they're done :3
    And the star girl sounds quite interesting as well, I keep wondering what she looks like

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"The... star girl... is quite a character. Her name is Lydia, and she's not exactly the most, er, upright of folks. But she is beautiful..."

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

image.jpeg
    - Claire from Pokémon Black -
    "This young Pokémon trainer from Nuvema Town has a natural talent for soothing Pokémon, preferring not to battle. Claire always tries to keep her Pokémon - and her friends - happy. She has great potential as a Trainer, if she'll only step up to the challenge."
    The inspiration for the Hylotl healer, Claire desires most to protect Pokémon. Quiet and gentle, she cares deeply for her friends - human and otherwise.​

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Both are female. They're from Anachronia, along with the Satyr and Gen Terona.

[​IMG]
    Marie Travers and Foster Billington, both Pokémon fan characters, in Homestuck fancy dress.

[​IMG]
    An old Homestuck fan character of mine, Zoey Pearson.

16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    A Frog without a name. It's peaceful... mostly.​

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Arra, DrVoodoo, rhomboid and 4 others like this.
  17. Firepaw Da Cat

"It's peaceful... Mostly"
    I remember seeing the frog when it wasn't peaceful

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

There was that time... And then the time Frog nearly joined the destruction of creation...

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Catalina aka "Catti", steampunk version of Alley Cat -
    Catti was a cold-blooded killer and a wanted criminal, until one night at a bar she decided to try and turn her life around. This decision was made difficult to uphold by the fact that a bounty was still on her head, bringing bounty hunters after her and forcing her to stay violent. This all changed, however, when she met a young, naive inventor and he saved her life. From then on they were practically inseparable, as Catti taught him to fight and he helped her to finally, truly, leave her past life behind.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Arra, DrVoodoo, rhomboid and 3 others like this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Terese Talvene, Tóllin of Tóronna -
    There are way too many Ts in that caption. But anyways... first of all, Terese Talvene is basically a child warrior. Even though she's got the reflexes and skills of a fighter, and a good sense of caution, her personality is still childish. She sees fighting as a game because that's how she's been conditioned to think.
    This leads into the structure of Tóllin families in general. Terese is a second child, and second children are usually fighters like Terese or Anna. This is because the families are divided into "sibling units" of two children each, with the older child acting as the direction for the younger child's power. So, the older child tends to be more authoritative, like a commanding officer for the younger.​

Arra, DrVoodoo, Sir Wilfrey and 4 others like this.