Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I don't recall if I posted the un-colored version of this before or not, but...
    image.jpeg
    More realism practice plus colors!

Also, if you didn't know, Gabriela Coelho was based off of one of my Pokémon characters. I'm working on adding a couple more to my Inspired-by-Pokémon collection. They are, respectively:
    image.jpeg
    A young, naïve, animal-loving Hylotl healer (I really like how this one turned out. She has a pretty unique appearance)
    image.jpeg
    and Mr. Carrada (that's his last name), an Apex official of as-yet-unknown title who is both calculating and ruthless. The hat and the suit, I've decided, belong to different outfits and he probably won't wear them together.

I'm tired, so I'll end here, even though I feel like there was more I needed to say. But just so you know, I might be convinced to part with either of these new characters, if you think you could use them.

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I did quite a few sketches today, whew.
    IMG_20150928_120933.jpg
    This, first of all, is another in the Pokémon trainer-inspired series. He's a Glitch with anger issues and a strong desire for independence. He was the son of a minstrel, but gave up the situation his father had at a lord's castle and pretty much ran away to make his own way in life. How would he do it? Fighting, perhaps... robbing travelers... who knows.

IMG_20150928_122729.jpg IMG_20150928_135751.jpg
    I've decided that the Hylotl healer above is actually going to be male, and Nidorasu here is going to be female. I still haven't got a name for the healer yet... Any suggestions?

IMG_20150928_135600.jpg
    Cat Laurin may have been low on funds before she met the shady Wolff, but she didn't accept his job offer for the money. No, this Human girl just likes to fight. Unlike the Glitch above, she's fine with being subservient to someone else, as long as she still gets to use her favorite hammer.

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20150929_125448.jpg
    ANOTHER NOVAKID????
    Tamiru, the self-titled Star Warrior, never knew her parents, having been found near a Hylotl settlement when she was only a baby. Fortunately, a traveling merchant recognized the strange little thing as a Novakid and ended up having to take care of her, as he knew the most about her kind. After news of the invasion of the Hylotl homeworld reached them, however, the merchant decided to move to a further planet. He ended up staying there for most of Tami's younger years.
    This idyllic life was interrupted by a Floran surprise attack on the very village the merchant had settled in. Nobody knew how the Floran got there, but Tami was one of the first to notice their presence. However, instead of immediately running to sound the alarm, she stayed to investigate and got an arrow in the back for her troubles.
    Her fate, as well as the fate of her adoptive father and the rest of the village, is currently unknown.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Firepaw Da Cat, rhomboid and Warget like this.
  4. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

is it boy

bcause :nuruhype:

Alkanthe likes this.
  5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

That's supposed to be me you taco

Firepaw Da Cat and Lonewolf239 like this.
  6. rhomboid

omg lol[DOUBLEPOST=1443631086,1443631079][/DOUBLEPOST]statement stands.

Alkanthe and Lonewolf239 like this.
  7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Luie Markov
    YES IM A PRETTY BOY[DOUBLEPOST=1443633707][/DOUBLEPOST] IMG_20150930_131926.jpg IMG_20150930_131635.jpg
    Luie Markov, the young Apex chemist! I'm gonna draw a real reference of her soon, I swear...
    Or should I say, "zoon, I zwear"?
    [​IMG]

8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Rationis and Affectus

I drew it, but due to things and stuff I'll have to post it tomorrow. Sorry, guys...

But hey, to tide you over have my attempts at creating a couple Phobe!
    DISCLAIMER: These characters were created while I was rather overwhelmed by the madness on the forums, and as such are more than a bit "dark", not to mention probably illogical in some way or another which I can't see at all right now. It's your fault, Red and Orange!
    image.jpeg
    Using the clothing designs I did for Relten recently, I designed a couple who, on the outside, seem complete opposites, but on the inside they're more similar than even they know. Rationis is based off of the Voice of Reason that's made appearances in Vurrunna's comic Light, and Affectus is based off of the Voice of Emotion that I've (unfortunately?) given in to in his OTHER comic.
    Simply put, Rationis is desperately trying to stave off the madness of her friend Affectus, whose body and mask have already begun deforming. However, she may end up dragged down with him in the end. Affectus himself is still almost as elegant and charming as ever, the only real signs of his mental instability being occasional emotional and violent outbursts.
    [​IMG]

9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Wait a minute. Waaaaait a minute. That's perfect! How did I not plan this?! These guys are PERFECT for my October shenanigans!

...Anyways, lemme post Luie.
    IMG_20150930_152255.jpg
    She's actually pretty short (around 5'/150 cm)... but her feet are large. Also, she has the coolest glasses. :cool:

10. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Well Miss Alkane, i totally liked your new art. :3

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Thank you!

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Vyce
    Did I seriously just make ANOTHER Phobe?
    IMG_20151001_103949.jpg IMG_20151001_112735.jpg
    Vyce, after escaping her home planet, ended up having to use her repertoire of "magic tricks" to earn money on a street corner. Fortunately for her, however, she was noticed by a skilled traveling fencer who, out of pity, invited her onto her ship for a meal. The meal turned into an overnight stay, and as the fencer realized Vyce's growing interest in her art, into an apprenticeship.
    [​IMG]
    I'm tired now, so... Guess that's all for now.

13. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

You're a character pumping machine, you know that?

Alkanthe likes this.
  14. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

I told her about this many times. She likes to create them.

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yes, yes I do.

16. rhomboid

next you should draw the character-creating gun you use -giggle-

pew pew pew

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Actually, I'm drawing an off-the-deep-end Rationis right now.

I really should be drawing a colored Vyce instead, but hey *shrugs* what can you do.[DOUBLEPOST=1443758066][/DOUBLEPOST]And here she is.
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Teeny little sketch of Vyce.
    image.jpeg [DOUBLEPOST=1443764928][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpeg
    @Vurrunna GUESS WHO!

...I should probably be getting to bed, actually. It's pretty quiet in here right now.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Warget and rhomboid like this.
  19. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Chaos! No, wait, Insanity! Logic! No? Um, uh, Compass? Maybe... Pineapple?

Ah, I give up. Who is it?

rhomboid and Alkanthe like this.
  20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Silly, none of those guys even have corporeal forms. It's Magenta, of course!

rhomboid likes this.