1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. ArchieTheMuffin

ArchieTheMuffin Tentacle Wrangler

Come on! Have some morels!

2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

These jokes get mold pretty quickly.

3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Nah. They been used a lot, so it's a mouldy but a goody.

(That was my weak attempt at a joke, in case you didn't get it. Also, when I read too many fungi jokes I sta:lickitung::x:rainbowbarf:)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  4. beari78

beari78 Guest

:disguise: I don't know these people, I swear!

5. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

You don't? Oh. Okay then, Let's meet right about... Now. Yes, Now seems like a good time.

Let me introduce myself, I'm a
    horse.

ANYWAY, back on topic everyone.
    How about we discuss and evaluate the Agaran Silhouette Hypothesis.

Let me state it now.
    Once someone dies and the corpse is exposed to Agaran spores; the fungus starts growing on said corpse. Once fully grown you have a classic Agaran with all the skills and comprehension that the person had before dying.
    Now,
    DISCUSS!

SirKaldar and MysticMalevolence like this.
  6. Type1Ninja

... Yes.
    :rainbowbarf:

SirKaldar likes this.
  7. Type1Ninja

... *Snore* ... I sure wish the devs cared about us had released another piece of lore.

8. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I agree with using the corpse as fuel to build a new body around the old skeleton, I don't agree that it keeps the skills and comprehension of the old person, because otherwise, they would be able to tell us what had happened. Even if their vocal cords are screwy and no longer translatable, they could still write on a note and be like "Hey I used to be a person but they Agarans do blah blah blah".

What I do think is that the fungus uses the DNA of the host corpse so that it knows how you build its fungi muscles around the bone and such, and also bases its brain of the DNA of the host, which would explain why an Agaran constructed via Sunborn would be so smart and learn how to use the space ship in just 20 minutes.

Also, as it has been discussed earlier, the events of the Agaran Sunborn seem rather suspicious, as it was heavily, scientifically shot down earlier. So I'm starting to think some of McVicar's work might be a little fanatical, trying to attract attention so his stories are popular. Imagine if this whole thing has been constructed by McVicar to make his articles more popular, and the Agarans have really been misjudged....

Cloudhopper, SirKaldar and beari78 like this.
  9. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Honestly? I felt that way at first until I remembered they were working on making a huge overhaul to combat, ships, upgrades, and game advancement, all of which are going to make the game way more excellent. Then I decided agarans weren't that big of a deal

MilkCalf likes this.
  10. InsanityPixelated

Agarans are love. Agarans are life.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    beari78, Zebe and Owl_Stalker like this.
  11. Type1Ninja

Sorry, double post. :p

12. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

reported for shrexual content

13. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Oh, look, another reply to the Agaran Menace! Let's have a view, maybe it's a dev post or somethi---
    *Click*
    :lod:

SirKaldar and InsanityPixelated like this.
  14. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

hey could we get on-topic again

thx

15. InsanityPixelated

I'm so very sorry. Please don't have me arrested! Not today, at least.

I've tried. It's no use. This is just a hub for horrid puns and terrible references now.

All your base thread are belong to us.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    SirKaldar likes this.
  16. Type1Ninja

I dont get it. :lod:

17. InsanityPixelated

Neither do I. You're not alone.

18. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Then it's good that i get that, because it would be a paradox. Gotta love the old Doctor.

19. Type1Ninja

20. Goldpork

Goldpork Zero Gravity Genie

Game Theory:
    What if the Florans aren't prisoners? They Agarans attacked the Hylotl, who the Floran hate. Also, the Agarans HATE water, thus giving them reason the hate the Hylotl, who are fish-like beings. Even though the fungi aren't plants, people still think of fungi invasive like plant, and sometime mistaken fungi for plants. My idea is that the Florans are respected "officials", even though they're held in prison-like structures.

But that's just a theory. A game theory.

EDIT: Someone tried to translate the Agaran language. They seem the be trying to tell the people that they aren't afraid of their weapons. They also seem slightly less meaner to the Floran.
    Link:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...the-aragan-language.68824/page-2#post-1899194

EDIT x2 COMBO: On a thread, there's a lot of good info.(http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/charlton-says-hello.77574/)
    I think they aren't keeping them as war or crime prisoners. I think they like the Florans. It could be a power thing, like if you have a Floran living with you, it makes you seem powerful. (Well that's what I think they think.)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014