1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Text streched and cut off at some resolutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malicus, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Malicus

Malicus Void-Bound Voyager

At certain resolutions and scalings, some of the text is apparently both streched vertically and cut off on the bottom. This issue has been reported for a previous version, but it is happening for me in this version and I have screenshots of a few more instances than that post.

First, the same instance that was reported before. The achievements screen is messed up at 1680x1050 (the native resolution of my monitor), 2x scale:
    RoR font2.png

Second, at 1600x900, 2x scale, the first line of text in the intro and the ending sequence is distorted:
    RoR font1.png

This same thing happens at 1680x1050, 1x scale, which suggests that it's not just a scaling issue:
    RoR font3.png

I've been playing a bit on 1600x1024, 2x scale, and so far nothing has jumped out at me like those.

• FirstaLasto

FirstaLasto Seal Broken

I have a resolution of 1366x768, and at x2 all of the text is distorted and messy, but it's fine on x1.
      untitled.PNG untitled2.PNG

Not sure if this is a related issue or not, but it seems that when you reach a certain number of items, they wrap around to the other side of the hud. However, on my 1366x768 resolution, it seems to determine where to start wrapping incorrectly, as an item intersects the hud.
      untitled.PNG

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015