Stone Owl + Strange Capsule Dimensions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starbound Sailor Moon, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Starbound Sailor Moon

Starbound Sailor Moon Industrial Terraformer

I know it's 50 tiles, but is there a particular sizing? 5x10 as an example. Edit: Say, 5 tiles up, 10 across.

I just want to leave one section cleared off cause, why not. May as well play the Easter egg lottery.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

It is 50 random single tiles which all must be clear; the capsule/statue will spawn on the 50th one if it passes the checks. Basically you'd need to have as much open space as possible. The only way you will reliably see these events is through a mod that removes the 50 checks.

• Starbound Sailor Moon

So it's not a system of say, a 50 tile square, or line, but any random tile on your farm? That definitely would put a damper on things. The odds of it even reading just one section would make it near impossible if so. Anyone know for sure it's algorithm? Might just ask the guy who made the mod.

I like to do things legitimately, but I'll be playing with mods on my second playthrough at a later date and I'll use that one then. Thanks for the link.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

See this reddit post; (for context, returning "true" cancels the event). That piece of code is the same in both 1.3.28 and 1.3.31. If you just want to see the event trigger without mods, you can use the save from this post. However, to get it to trigger legitimately on your own farm, you will need a tremendous amount of luck.

Starbound Sailor Moon likes this.
          • Starbound Sailor Moon

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. And yikes. :lod: I suppose clearing off a section wouldn't hurt to try, but I'll save that for extremely end game, and I doubt I'd be successful. :kawaii: