[WebApp] Stardew Predictor -- Gaze into the future of your farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MouseyPounds, Feb 23, 2018.

1. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks! This one was also a day earlier than expected, which is good since it is consistent with the other feedback I got. Potential further events on that save (all probably a day off and none of them guaranteed):

Year 1, Fall 10 ( 66): Fairy
    Year 1, Fall 25 ( 81): Meteor
    Year 2, Spring 21 (133): Fairy
    Year 2, Summer 8 (148): Witch
    Year 2, Fall 3 (171): Owl
    Year 2, Fall 16 (184): Meteor
    Year 2, Winter 6 (202): Owl
    Year 3, Spring 9 (233): Owl
    Year 3, Spring 16 (240): Witch
    Year 3, Fall 7 (287): Meteor
    Year 3, Winter 7 (315): Witch
    Year 4, Spring 12 (348): UFO
    Year 4, Summer 14 (378): Fairy
    Year 4, Summer 16 (380): Meteor
    Year 4, Fall 15 (407): Witch
    Year 4, Winter 17 (437): UFO
    Year 4, Winter 19 (439): Owl

margotbean likes this.
    • AdamGotStardrop

AdamGotStardrop Void-Bound Voyager

I discovered this amazing app waay too late o_O
      Already finished the museum collection and all. But the train schedule and secret santa list are amazing!

Apparently I won't get any secret santa gift from Shane until year 16 lol.

• squigglyruth

squigglyruth Pangalactic Porcupine

Fairy visit, night of Summer 23, ID = 185873081.

MouseyPounds likes this.
        • Claranon

Claranon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Witch visit, night of Summer 10 Year 1, ID = 143594438

MouseyPounds likes this.
          • MouseyPounds

OK, a new version has been pushed out with the event tab. Thanks to @SunTide , @margotbean , @squigglyruth , and @Claranon I am pretty confident about the basic predictions, so fairies, witches and meteors should be predicted ok. Strange Capsule & Stone Owl are gonna be super hard to test since their secondary requirements are so ridiculous, but I have some info from a really old save file with a capsule spawn that I am trying to duplicate. The fairy graphic looks terrible as it was just rescaled from 16x16 to 32x32, so I'll see what I can do about that. I also added some introductory text to each tab to hopefully better explain things like the geode counter and search function, and the app now lists the potential gifts you might get from your Winter Star secret santa.

EDIT: I messed around with the fairy graphic and am much more happy with the current version.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
              squigglyruth likes this.
            • MouseyPounds

Thankfully, the overnight event mechanism hasn't changed much since version 1.0; using the ID of a very old save posted to reddit in June 2016, I verified that a capsule can still spawn on a day predicted by the app. If you ever wanted to experience the Strange Capsule event, here is a save (version 1.3.11) where it should trigger when you go to bed. Don't place anything new on the farm on the first day though.

Capsule.png

Attached Files:

margotbean likes this.
              • Claranon

Thanks for all your work on this predictor! It's incredibly useful.

I just wanted to mention that my save file 184442515 said a meteor was supposed to fall the night of Summer 28 Year 2 but I just played from Summer 26 through to Fall 3 and no meteor event occurred. I took all my mods out and tried again but still no meteor notification.

Edit: Save file 143594438 (the one I provided the witch data for) predicted a meteor Winter 10 Year 1 and that did indeed occur on time. Here's a rundown of what I've discovered so far:

143594438: Meteor predicted Winter 10-Y1, correct.
                184442515: Meteor predicted Fall 19-Y1, incorrect. Meteor predicted Summer 28-Y2, incorrect.
                183043304: Witch predicted Summer 8-Y3, incorrect.

So it looks like the only one that's working properly is the one I had concrete event data for.

Edit 2: (Can I help myself? Apparently not!)

183043304: Meteor predicted Summer 24-Y3, Witch event occurred instead.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
                • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I didn't get a meteor visit for ID 184632802 on Fall 25 Year 1 either. I didn't report it, because I was playing in singleplayer but had a pending marriage ceremony from days before, with myself as a farmhand (running 2 instances of the game through SMAPI). I was hoping that was a confounding factor. Still keeping an eye out for the other events.

• MouseyPounds

@Claranon : Thanks for the further testing. The only one of those which worries me is the one where a witch happened instead of a meteor. A prediction simply failing is usually because an invalid location was chosen; for example a meteor event might roll but then pick a location that is occupied by a building. Since I can't tell what your farm will look like ahead of time, I don't try and simulate that second check. I'll definitely look at ID 183043304 though; are other predictions (like the merchant cart) working ok on that file?

@margotbean : Player weddings definitely take precedence over all of these events. If you still have that save (and aren't yet married), check and see if there's a "<weddingToday>true</weddingToday>" in the file; if so, you won't get any of these events in that game until the wedding happens.

margotbean likes this.
                    • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Unfortunately that save file is long gone. But I did run 2 instances of the game to allow the wedding ceremony to take place, and to allow the farmhand's cabin to upgrade, so further testing should be uncompromised.

• MouseyPounds

So I've now confirmed the possibility of the Stone Owl event (in 1.3.12) as well. Using the same base save I was testing with before (with a different ID) I was able to get a Stone Owl spawn on a predicted day in the same location as the capsule. Once again, a save is attached if you want to experience it yourself.

StoneOwl.png

Attached Files:

margotbean likes this.
                        • Claranon

The other predictions seem to be working fine on the 183043304 save--travelling cart inventory and mushroom levels were accurate.

I tested a few more nights and saw that a Strange Capsule was scheduled to fire the night of Fall 4-Y3 but instead a meteor crashed that night.

• MouseyPounds

Could you upload a copy of your save here?

• Claranon

Sure, here's the save on Fall 5-Y3.

Attached Files:

MouseyPounds likes this.
                              • MouseyPounds

Thanks. OK, I see what's up. In 1.3 the farm events are checked before any "personal" things like the "should we have a baby?" question, but in 1.2 that is not the case. The possibility of children throws off the results in 1.2 and I'll have to figure out how to handle that discrepancy.

• GhostfireCS

GhostfireCS Poptop Tamer

Not really a huge and important suggestion, but is there a possibility to implement an icon on the website, so the tab just looks nicer in my bookmarks? :D

MouseyPounds likes this.
                                  • MouseyPounds

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm experimenting with some icon ideas and will add one to both apps on my next update.

• MouseyPounds

@Claranon : I've made some changes to the 1.2 save-handling to try and account for the baby question. Please let me know if the events match up better now in your 183043304 save. Also, any feedback on whether or not the baby questions actually get asked is useful.

@GhostfireCS : Both apps now have favicons: an achievement star for checkup and a crystal ball for predictor in a style similar to the in-game menu tabs.

margotbean likes this.
                                      • GhostfireCS

GhostfireCS Poptop Tamer

@MouseyPounds Thank you very much indeed, great websites you made there, actively using them! Thank you for your community contribution!

MouseyPounds and margotbean like this.
                                        • Claranon

It works perfectly now! I tested for a couple months and my spouse asked if I wanted to have a baby both times they were predicted to. I was at first worried when a fairy was predicted and didn't fire, but I reverted the save and planted a huge field of crops and then the fairy came just fine. Thank you so much for digging into this and making the tool more useful than ever!

MouseyPounds likes this.