1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Starfruit Seeds Disappearing From My Inventory, But Not Planting

Discussion in 'Support' started by Elite Shade, May 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Elite Shade

Elite Shade Space Spelunker

As the title reads, when I go to plant some starfruit seeds, there is a strange sound that is not the usual seed planting sound, it sounds like a rattle, and the seed unit disappears from my inventory, but it doesn't plant in the ground! The same thing happens with beets. Now, both of those I bought in the Calico desert oasis shop, but seeds I get from elsewhere, including the single starfruit seed I got as a reward from the museum, are all still working just fine!

I have simply reloaded the save file, three times, and the SAME thing keeps happening!

Is there a way to fix this?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Not too sure. The only time I've experienced that issue of the seeds disappearing when planting is when I try to plant seeds in the wrong season. They'll just get immediately destroyed on planting.

But, if the seed from Gunther works. Then the data for the seeds may have saved wrong in your file. Maybe have Steam verify your files, and then throw out those old seeds and buy some new ones. It should work then.

• Elite Shade

Actually, they were new, I bought them that very same game day. Also, It's the Xbox One version, not Steam.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Ah okay; then I'm not too sure, sorry.
          Maybe try posting in the bug thread for the console versions. See if others have had the same issue; it could be a new bug that the devs will have to fix later.

• Elite Shade

I did search around and found someone on the steam boards talking about this same glitch...as there was one on one of these forums too.

• Musha

Musha Space Hobo

Hi Elite Shade
              I'm experiencing the same issue. Did you find a way to fix it? I'm trying to plant seeds but nothing happens. However they disappear from my inventory ;/

• Elite Shade

The only thing that works is planting them in the greenhouse. I never found a solution to planting them on my farm.

• NasikaSakura

NasikaSakura Star Wrangler