1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Xbox One + PS4: Known Issues & Fixes (Patch 1)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Thanks very much for the update tccoxon, hope you had a good Christmas. Wouldn't it be great if Xbox owners could dump their save files to USB? But that's MS's fault, not yours. However, would it be possible to incorporate into the game a method to allow users to make their own in-game backups via the game load menu? At least that way users could make a backup before playing a game.

I realise that this won't of course fix the bug, but while you're looking into it users could at least make a backup for themselves in case of a problems loading the last save file - they at least wouldn't lose so much game progress that way.

frozxnn and RoAwakening like this.
    • datg33kmom

datg33kmom Poptop Tamer

29.3 hours in and getting the corrupted save issue on XBox One...

Quit out of game on 12/26 @ 1:40pm EST. Attempted to load into back into game @ 1:50pm. After controller screen, it dumps back to title screen.

Have quit out of the game via the dashboard, no go.

Have performed full system reset (turn off console, unplug power brick from both Xbox and outlet, waited for power brick to go dark, replug back in and power up) and still no go...

Have been able to start a new file and it loads fine, but really don't want to lose all the progress I have done. Please fix!

• Ncamerong

Ncamerong Seal Broken

1) Rest mode is unusable. It freezes the system every time without fail. Only way to fix it is it unplug the console.

2) powering off the console gives you "3 beeps" which means it was an improper shutdown.

3) the issue goes away (at least for me) if I uninstall Stardew. It comes back if I reinstall it.

4) yea, my console is up to date

5) food for thought: I don't know if it's the game itself or the save files that are causing the issue. When you delete a game, it also deletes the local saves. When I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, the first time a ran the game, it didn't cause the issue, but every subsequent time it did. Since it was the first time I ran the game on a fresh install, I don't think it pulled the saves from the cloud, meaning it might be an issue with the save system. I can't say for sure, but I'm thinking that might be worth your time.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
          Chrisy and tccoxon like this.
        • pakkunlizardx

pakkunlizardx Poptop Tamer

I've done everything in my (legal) power to get my save to work. This include quitting the game through the Xbox dash, deleting my save data and resyncing from cloud, and deleting the game and reinstalling all whilst hard resetting in between. I looked on reddit and people are saying it may be a syncing issue with the cloud that causes a corrupt file but I'm not expert. I'm just doing all the research I can.

Goblobsters and RoAwakening like this.
          • Trev9316

Trev9316 Tentacle Wrangler

Hi my issue is listed at the top of page 3. Last thing I did was go in the caves I think floor 44 and I died. Finished the day and stopped playing for the night. It was on the 23rd. Happened between 8 and 9 pm eastern standard time. I tried to play again and it freezes on the loading screen. Doesn't get as far as other people's loads. It freezes on looking for saves and crashes to dashboard. I started another file to test it. Played the first day and backed out. Then clicked on load and it does the same thing freeze and then crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled tried resetting Xbox one and nothing fixes it. Right now I can't play the game because I can't get to the loading screen before it crashes back to dashboard.
            Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks for your time.

• frozxnn

frozxnn Seal Broken

[QUOTE="Typhoon, post: 3081876, member: 68891]I realise that this won't of course fix the bug, but while you're looking into it users could at least make a backup for themselves in case of a problems loading the last save file - they at least wouldn't lose so much game progress that way.[/QUOTE]
              I second this. If there is a fix coming out sometime in January, it would be nice for people to at least still be able to play the game during their time off without fear of /completely/ losing their file. Just a feature to back up the save to another slot, just like creating a new game - Other saves load, just not the broken one.

Goblobsters, Typhoon and RoAwakening like this.
              • rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

For pro issue:

Have tried everything except unplug for 5 minutes. Does not continue with stardew valley uninstalling. Starts to occur again when stardew valley reinstalled and played again. Does not happen at all unless I have played stardew valley. my console is fully updated. As for power settings I really don't know. I don't tend to play with settings.

• squeakyferret

squeakyferret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I realize this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but could I ask: for anyone who has the save file corruption where it won't load, and quits to title screen each time you try to load it, has it ever happened to you when you were using just ONE save? For me, so far it has only occurred when I had more than one save in the game. That's only SO FAR, mind you - the save file I'm in right now could very well crap out on me at any moment.

Just trying to look for patterns - like I said, might not be relevant.

• Toysteamshovel

Toysteamshovel Tentacle Wrangler

It happened to me today. I only had the one save file.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

That's very interesting! Would you be able to try erasing the save files from your system without uninstalling the game, and seeing if the problems continue? (After safely backing up your save files, of course.)

• Rad Mutant

Rad Mutant Poptop Tamer

My game started doing this on December 26th, at about 1am or 2am, Eastern Standard Time
                        This was Xbox one

• Cycloon

Cycloon Space Hobo

About the PS4 pro shutdown issue:

- After I played stardew valley, I can't start another game, the game shows its splash screen and then it hangs up without doing anything (tried several games). It makes no difference if stardew valley was completely shut down or suspended.
                          - Going into rest mode hangs up and never finishes. Only keeping the power button pushed for about 10 seconds makes it shut down. After that I can restart the PS4 pro and it will notify me that the console was shut down in a bad way.
                          - Shutting down the console completely takes very long and then bleeps (which is to notify that the console was shut down in a bad way).
                          - As long as you didn't load a save game, the console acts normal (so it might actually really be related to the save game as someone else proposed).

All of this behaviour is always exactly the same, independent of the game being suspended, the game still running or the game completely being shut down.

I'm willing to try more things to help debug the root source of this problem, being a software engineer myself I understand how helpful it can be to reproduce the problem.

Chrisy and Typhoon like this.
                          • tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

It's unlikely that these save files are gone forever. We think it's more likely just something simple wrong with loading.

Thanks for the offer of help. We'll contact you for more information when we have more questions to ask.

An idea that occurs to me right now is that if it is related to save files, perhaps it's locking up when trying to sync saves. Could you try taking your system offline, rebooting and then seeing if the problems still occur while offline?

EDIT: that's if you're using PSN+ online save storage. Are you?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
                              datg33kmom likes this.
                            • datg33kmom

datg33kmom Poptop Tamer

Thanks for keeping us up to date, really hope that is the case! Any workarounds or eta on fix?

• Cycloon

Cycloon Space Hobo

PS4 pro issue:

Since I shut down the console while the game was on the title screen (with the new and load button), the issue seems to be resolved. I can perfectly put the console back in rest mode / shut it down, even after playing the game shortly and saving it. Maybe it's just related to longer play session though, but I have no more time today to play a longer session. Anyhow, other people might try to see if this somehow fixes it too for them.

• Toysteamshovel

Toysteamshovel Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you for the smidge of hope. If it helps to know: I already tried hard resetting, switching consoles, deleting and reinstalling the game and deleting save file and resyncing it from cloud. None of the above has worked on my xbox1.

Albynoman likes this.
                                  • squeakyferret

squeakyferret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, thanks. It was a long shot.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Here's a PS4 Pro issue which was brought up in the original console bugs thread:

"for some reason when I stream it or try to have a party chat going the game freezes. Anything you or any body else have heard of? I am playing it on PS4 pro by the way."

http://community.playstarbound.com/...e-ps4-known-issues-fixes.127745/#post-3074700

and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere (Neogaf for one) but not yet in this thread.

• Magitha

Magitha Twenty-three is number one

Yes to everything. I even deleted the original save tried with a new install new game and still when I try and shut down it takes longer, and get the three beeps. The only fix is not playing, it's disappointing that you guys can't recreate it. 2 for 2 of our ps pros don't work with this game.

Also since it'll brick up my other games after getting the three beeps I turn it on and restart, but as soon as I try SDV it goes back to the same issue. For others with this issue of ur console freezes hold the power down for like 30-45 seconds instead of unplugging. Seems to work for me anyways.

• rmartin979

rmartin979 Starship Captain

As an update. I shut power off completely. Unplugged for 5 mins. Restarted. Loaded the game, loaded save, quit to title, closed application, put PS4 into rest mode. And it worked. But, and it is starting to sound like this may be important, I did not make any progress or save game. Will update later tonight after progressing through a day.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.